Old 09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
I call BS,there is now way it takes an hour longer to run 30 less miles on all Interstate type roads runing up US23 to I-96 to Lansing,and I have run that route a few more times than you so nice try.
#1. It isn't directly in Lansing that I am going. It's Charlotte, MI, but I used the closest large city to make it easier. It also isn't Harrisburg that I am coming from, but rather York, but again, I used the closest large city.

#2. City to city based upon Delorme is 582.07 miles, and an estimate of 10:04 travel time using toll roads. City to city avoiding all toll roads is 603.27 miles, and an estimate of 11:24 travel time.

#3. The speed limit on interstate highways in OH is 55, and the speed limit on the toll road in OH is 65.

None of this matters to the point of the whole matter anyway. But thanks for getting stuck on the trivial details. :roll:
I was not talking about running around all the toll roads,I was talking the extra tolls from Toledo to Freemont,IN. And you would have a 10 mile stretch of 55mph in Ohio.

I'm sorry if I posted in a public forum that interupted your classic I said you said arguement.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
I was not talking about running around all the toll roads,I was talking the extra tolls from Toledo to Freemont,IN. And you would have a 10 mile stretch of 55mph in Ohio.
Sometimes I run up through Toledo, depending upon the time of day. If I do, then I end up having to take back roads to Charlotte.

Quote:
I'm sorry if I posted in a public forum that interupted your classic I said you said arguement.
Apology accepted. :wink:
Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
You actually need to download the IFTA worksheet and not quote pump tax figures. And if your stopping every 100 miles to fuel up your in worst shape then I thought. That's taking probably 3 gallons to make each one of those stops!!!
Where did I ever claim that I was stopping every 100 miles to fuel?
I meant needing 100 gallons of fuel so often. My truck has 300 gallon tanks so I can go 3 times further then you. Your stops alone are costing you about $25 bucks more then me each time you fuel.

Still waiting on the real IFTA worksheet.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I factor in the cost of tolls when I look at my costs and fuel. If I have to pay for tolls, I usually won't purchase fuel in that state. Of course, the only way that I will pay a toll is if there is no other way to get to where I need to go. It is a pet peeve of mine.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I will pay a toll is if there is no other way to get to where I need to go. It is a pet peeve of mine.
Ya, and he sits in the restaurant stinking to high heaven until they give him a free shower coupon too!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I meant needing 100 gallons of fuel so often. My truck has 300 gallon tanks so I can go 3 times further then you. Your stops alone are costing you about $25 bucks more then me each time you fuel.
Wow, Steve. I honestly don't know what to say. I guess in hindsight, I should have put "Scenario 1""Scenario 2""Scenario 3", and "Scenario 4" in front of each of the states, but I never in a million years would have believed that someone was incapable of comprehending that I was showing four different scenarios highlighting the difference between fueling in various states, which is exactly what you were claiming was somehow unnecessary based upon the name on the door.

I would like to believe that you were simply trying to obfuscate your way out of your ridiculous claim that somehow the sheer act of filing a piece of paperwork yourself rather than having someone file it for you somehow makes the difference in where you fuel irrelevant, but I honestly don't know anymore. In any case, it still remains one of your more ludicrous statements you've made over the past 2 years.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I factor in the cost of tolls when I look at my costs and fuel. If I have to pay for tolls, I usually won't purchase fuel in that state. Of course, the only way that I will pay a toll is if there is no other way to get to where I need to go. It is a pet peeve of mine.
I used to do that, but I came to the conclusion that it made more sense to compare the cost of running the toll road vs. not running it, both in time, wear and tear, and fuel. Surprisingly, I found that many toll roads I would have considered a waste of money are actually not. The PA turnpike is not one of those toll roads either. I run it if I have to, but I don't like doing it. Unfortunately, every load I pull out of PA is time sensitive, and running 322 up to I-80 is too much of a time waster.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Ya, I knew you couldn't fill out that worksheet. You just sit back and send old Landstar that check every quarter without truly understanding how it works and you'll be fine. And someday maybe you will and then you can have your name on the door instead of someone else.

And by the way. I'm loading up with my $3.50 per mile load. My plan seems to be working so far! Don't worry though, my next load will be about $1.50 but you see it all works out good in the end.

===============================
If your not running, your not making any money!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Ya, I knew you couldn't fill out that worksheet.
What worksheet? Did you post some worksheet I was supposed to fill out in your attempt to obfuscate your way out of your ridiculous statement?

If you'd like to post a link to this magical worksheet that supposedly shows how it doesn't matter what state you fuel in, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it.

Until then, I'll continue on my merry little leased-on way, knowing that fueling in states like Oregon, Kentucky, Virginia and Indiana is not only foolish, but is a waste of money.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Until then, I'll continue on my merry little leased-on way, knowing that fueling in states like Oregon, Kentucky, Virginia and Indiana is not only foolish, but is a waste of money.
Unless your carrier pays the tax which in my case they do,then I try to fuel in those states the most.

I wonder at the end of the year how much that is worth?

Closed Thread