Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I NEVER pay someone to do business with them. In fact, I would talk with his boss and ask about it if approached. Business owners don't like to have employees taking or soliciting kickbacks from vendors. If you pay someone to do business with them and the owner or his boss finds out then you are most likely going to be permanently out of that company, if they have any ethics. If I found out that I had an employee who took kickbacks from a vendor he would be out the door. :evil:
Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
As for naming your truck How about H.M.S. Vessago? :lol:
lol....Might as well name it the Titanic, they both went down.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
It's almost like discovering there's no Easter Bunny.
WHAT? :shock:
Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I NEVER pay someone to do business with them. In fact, I would talk with his boss and ask about it if approached. Business owners don't like to have employees taking or soliciting kickbacks from vendors. If you pay someone to do business with them and the owner or his boss finds out then you are most likely going to be permanently out of that company, if they have any ethics. If I found out that I had an employee who took kickbacks from a vendor he would be out the door. :evil:
This guy doesn't work for the company, he's a logistics contractor but does have an office there and works full time just for this company.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Steve...too bad you don't know anyone else in the logistics contracting field as you could let the owner in on what his contractor is doing and at the same time offer him an alternative to help him get out of that situation.

That would also give you favorable status with whomever got the new logistics contract.

But that, of course, is in a perfect world :?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 PM

I sort of went about it in a passive aggressive way by acting stupid saying, I was home, I wonder why they didn't call. Sort of like being at work and saying, have you seen John yet today when in fact you know he's late for work.

I would rather not rock the boat. I get plenty of loads from these people and I've been pretty lucky getting loads out of New England.

I'm on 95 in CT and ready to head over the GW bridge. My worst place to be. I hate this next 50 miles or so. I'm at a service plaza and going to fill up on Big Macs and hopefully park at a weigh station for the night. I think there is one coming up soon. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to parking there.

The speed limit is 55 and I've had my cruise set on 60 and I'm the slowest person on the road. People are just whizzing by me left and right. I have to get back out West after this load away from cities and people!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I sort of went about it in a passive aggressive way by acting stupid saying, I was home, I wonder why they didn't call. Sort of like being at work and saying, have you seen John yet today when in fact you know he's late for work.

I would rather not rock the boat. I get plenty of loads from these people and I've been pretty lucky getting loads out of New England.

I'm on 95 in CT and ready to head over the GW bridge. My worst place to be. I hate this next 50 miles or so. I'm at a service plaza and going to fill up on Big Macs and hopefully park at a weigh station for the night. I think there is one coming up soon. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to parking there.

The speed limit is 55 and I've had my cruise set on 60 and I'm the slowest person on the road. People are just whizzing by me left and right. I have to get back out West after this load away from cities and people!
Yeah...I just unloaded in Prattsville, NY Thurs. morning and tried to get a load to NH to visit my kids and grandkids this weekend but...no dice. (again)

Ended up with a load of kiln-dried lumber to Old Fort, NC just to get out of NY state...

Too bad you're not coming this way....I'm sitting at the TA in Greensboro, NC hooked to Idleaire for the weekend.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM

Where in New Hampshire are your kids? If you ever end up there give me a PM or Email, I have a few shippers that you could get a load out with. It's all flatbed stuff and not sure what you pull though.

I'll be within 100 miles of you tomorrow when I shut down but your a little out of my way. I'll be camping out somewhere on 95 around 3pm tomorrow then showing up at the customer site nice and early. It's a crane for Stanley Tools in Cheraw,SC.

I'll tell you one thing. Come through NY and the surrounding states on 95 and it will test your load securement on a flatbed for sure! If you survive that freaking road your load is not coming off!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Where in New Hampshire are your kids? If you ever end up there give me a PM or Email, I have a few shippers that you could get a load out with. It's all flatbed stuff and not sure what you pull though.

I'll be within 100 miles of you tomorrow when I shut down but your a little out of my way. I'll be camping out somewhere on 95 around 3pm tomorrow then showing up at the customer site nice and early. It's a crane for Stanley Tools in Cheraw,SC.

I'll tell you one thing. Come through NY and the surrounding states on 95 and it will test your load securement on a flatbed for sure! If you survive that freaking road your load is not coming off!!!
1 daughter in Newport and the other in Franklin....

I'm pulling flatbed for PGT....

This particular load is a broker load cause all my dispatch sent me was an 8oo number to call and set it up.

I'll be sure to PM you next time I'm close because thats 3 strikes (in my book) against the guy in B'ham responsible for broker loads.

They told me coming in they wouldn't have any problem getting me up there to visit 3 to 4 times a year (and thats all I asked).

So far not once in 13 months.

I WILL get up there soon though...even if the truck is a different color :wink:
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
I WILL get up there soon though...even if the truck is a different color :wink:
Sorry Dave, only red trucks allowed in New Hampshire during the winter months!! lol

I'm sitting about 100 miles from my delivery point and ready to head out in a bit so I can unstrap, untarp and unchain before they arrive this morning then off to the T/A in Florence SC for the rest of the day. I hope to get a load out tomorrow to who knows where. Just as long as it's not onions and back up through the East Coast.

I pretty much came the whole way down Rt 95 and there was maybe 5 miles of the road that was in good shape and the rest was just bumps left and right. Cops everywhere pretty much the whole trip. Just one after another either on the side waiting for the next victim or already had someone pulled over. It was tough just being able to do the speed limit.

I stopped around noon yesterday here in NC and it was about 75 degrees out and the sun was shining. I had to take care fixing a few things on the truck and it seemed that everyone else was doing the same puttering around. A few people came over to ask questions about my Rigmaster. I can't believe some of these drivers have to spend the night in a truck that can't idle in temps below zero!! Both drivers said they were going to put the money up themselves to buy an APU.

All my external optional lights stopped working the other day and found that the fuse was blown so I replaced it but it blew right away. So yesterday I figured I would try and find the problem so I checked as much as I could but didn't see anything wrong. I put another fuse in, turned on the lights and in about 2 seconds the whole engine compartment was filled with smoke and a small fire going on inside the end of the bumper. So, now I'm running back into the cab to shut the lights off. The fire started at the end of the bumper lights where the end of the wire was cut off and taped. Not sure why the shorted but I separated all the wires and taped them back up better.

Fixed my Superman. He was kind of flying drunk the past few days. One of the bolts came loose and when I tried to tighten it up, it snapped off. Off to my junk box for a better bolt. So much for stainless steel not rusting.

Fill up some tires with air, wash windows, Rain-x the windshield then explain to a few people who asked why I was polishing the windshield. I should get a kickback from Rain-X.

Suppose to be another nice day here and in SC. I was dying yesterday in my truck with the heat and kept turning it down and down and down until I saw a convertible pass me with the roof down. Then I noticed people had their windows down. I put my window down and it was like, HOLY CRAPOLA, it's freaking hot outside!!

Between a phone call in the morning and talking for a little bit at the truck stop I lost my voice when a friend called a little later. This happens more and more the longer I'm in this business. I don't really talk to anyone for days at a time so my voice goes south pretty quick now days.

I'm sitting at the counter having lunch and there's this guy talking real loud on his cell phone to his wife. I was there for 45 minutes and for 30 minutes the conversation was non stop about, how come the AA batteries in the mini mag flashlight were dead. This was like a full blown criminal investigation with a single possible cause as to why they were dead. Each member of the family was put on the phone to be interrogated right down to the little one possibly replacing his X-Box remote control with better batteries. I was ready to leap over the counter and yell into the phone to just go out and buy some more freaking batteries so this poor guy can eat his cold lunch.....GEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZUS

I posted my truck as available for a load to Hawaii but no calls yet. I guess freight isn't moving much to that area this time of year. :sad:
Closed Thread