LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
Boy I'LL tell ya Steve that plywood must be paying better than it used to ??? Years ago when I did that it was so cheap !!!! But that 1 is going to Denver so maybe that helped it. It allways seemed like freight going to places with no freight paid better ???? I hardly ever got anything worth anything out of that Denver area. Most of the time I would bounce all the way to Kan City or Salt Lake !!! Your truck must tolerate the cold better than mine ?? My old Pete if it would have been off all night and would have been all iced up would have taken awhile to get it ready to truck in that weather ??? I could do your routine in the summer and warm weather but not in the cold I don't think ??? Hope you n everyone back there is doing well and stay off of the slick stuff !!! My ol Pete is in Atlanta now getting the motor done. Hope this economy picks up so I can come home soon ..
I think they were desperate to get this load moved. It's finish grade hardwood plywood so it's the expensive stuff. I've always had good luck getting out of the Denver area and it always seemed to be a last minute thing where I had to move quick.

My truck does good in the cold but then again, I have nothing else to compare it too. The Rigmaster heats the engine block so when I start it up it starts in 1 second and runs real good. No strange noises or anything.

When are you coming home? I have these nightmare where someone knocks on my door and I look out the window and there is a bald green guy and some other guy wearing a blue mask standing there. Scary!
Well if you mean for good I'm not really sure ??? It was going to be in late July but with all of this talk about a recession and the stories I keep hearing about concerning the lack of freight I'd feel kind'a stupid to give up 8,000$ a month tax free for 4,000$ and haft to pay taxes on it ???? I'll try to figure out how to soften that neon Green color a little bit before I get there !!!! I probably won't be up there in the North East much but I might catch you at a truckstop out some-where ??? That trip to Atlanta was really neat. It had been 4 years since I got to drive the Pete that far. But the fuel costs about killed me !!!! The truck fired right up n just ran like a watch just like it allways had !!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Face it Rev, you have no idea what your talking about and you just try and sensationalize everything when in fact it's a non issue. My truck hasn't burned to ground yet either.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
My truck hasn't burned to ground yet either.
Bolded for emphasis.

You should be thanking me. I'm managing to keep your thread alive and interesting.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There is nothing wrong with using electrical tape for wiring. That is what it is designed to do. As long as it is properly taped there is little chance that it could cause a short. We didn't have all those plastic coverings until recent years. I don't recall a lot of trucks being burned to the ground because we didn't have plastic to cover a bare wire. Besides, it would probably blow a fuse before it would cause a fire. Tape won't last forever, but will last for some time, if properly taped. You can tape the end of the wire and then tape the wire around another wire and it could stay secure for years. Besides, there is no guarantee that a plastic end won't fall off at some point.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
There is nothing wrong with using electrical tape for wiring. That is what it is designed to do. As long as it is properly taped there is little chance that it could cause a short. We didn't have all those plastic coverings until recent years. I don't recall a lot of trucks being burned to the ground because we didn't have plastic to cover a bare wire. Besides, it would probably blow a fuse before it would cause a fire. Tape won't last forever, but will last for some time, if properly taped. You can tape the end of the wire and then tape the wire around another wire and it could stay secure for years. Besides, there is no guarantee that a plastic end won't fall off at some point.
Oh God. Not that discussion again. :roll:
Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I didn't know the discussion ever stopped, judging from your posts and current avatar, Rev.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I didn't know the discussion ever stopped, judging from your posts and current avatar, Rev.
I believe Rev would argue with God about the correct length for pine needles on a Longleaf Southern Pine Tree....for eternity.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM

Rev I believe would agrue with a Navy Master Gunnery Chief on the PROPER WAY to CLEAN a Sixteen inch Naval Rifle and the way to load and Fire Said Rifle. BTW Rev they are called Naval Rifles if they are over 10 inches in size and are the main weapons of the ship.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Rev I believe would agrue with a Navy Master Gunnery Chief on the PROPER WAY to CLEAN a Sixteen inch Naval Rifle and the way to load and Fire Said Rifle. BTW Rev they are called Naval Rifles if they are over 10 inches in size and are the main weapons of the ship.
Have you ever hauled cocaine?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM

What does the fish in the sea, have to do with the bug on the road?
Closed Thread