I am suprized that he made a comment like that defending you
It didn't appear to me that he was defending anyone. :roll:
Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Rev, just close up shop and run under Steve's authority with a dry van. that would really make for an interesting thread. What would you two name that one? :lol:

From "nemesis to business partner, pt1" :P

This girl I used to date has a dad with a Landstar agent in S. Il. He runs ammo from Indy to Cali and back, and I forgot what the rate was, but it caght my eye.

Is it better than hhg yet?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Rev, just close up shop and run under Steve's authority with a dry van. that would really make for an interesting thread. What would you two name that one? :lol:

From "nemesis to business partner, pt1" :P

This girl I used to date has a dad with a Landstar agent in S. Il. He runs ammo from Indy to Cali and back, and I forgot what the rate was, but it caght my eye.

Is it better than hhg yet?
This is Steve's thread, not mine. :wink:
Old 03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Let me see if I can make this as clear as possible.

The problem IS NOT with individual posters bantering back and forth, disagreeing, and giving each other grief here or there. I'll point out, too, that this is NOT one-sided. Both camps give as good as they get. As long as it doesn't get too personal and involve family, then I'm going to take the high road and hope you guys act like adults about things and don't resort to profanity-laced 3rd grade playground speak. So far, that hasn't happened.

The problem IS with individuals that seem to think the moderator-team must bow down to their demands to ban anyone that doesn't agree with them. And because of that, they decide to make public their disagreement and stir the pot, hoping to make things difficult to manage. There is an easy fix to that if certain parties would like to keep pushing down that road. :x

I am not on anyone's side in this. I am, however, against anyone that thinks they have a right to cause trouble with the moderators. We work hard enough to keep things running smoothly, without having to deal with someone trying to undermine it. That is something that is not tolerated, never has been and never will be. If you have a problem with the administration of this site, you are more than welcome to take it up with us personally through PM's. If you do not feel that it has been handled satisfactorily, you are more than welcome to take it up with the owner's of the website, which Steve has done. No problems there at all.

The problems, though, are extremely serious when you think you have the right to voice your displeasure over a final management decision, back on the board. In the job world, it's called insubordination and usually results in an immediate firing. In the messageboard world, it is extremely disrespectful and usually results in a perma-ban. The fact that a certain individual has not yet been banned for multiple instances of that, should attest to the lengths we are willing to go to keep from banning anyone. That generosity, though, is at an end.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Exactly the response I expected. You also tell half truths. I didn't say I wanted to be moderator. I said I wanted moderator privileges so I and only I could modify a thread about my travels without the crap.

The only thing I've ever wanted to do in my threads was tell my story because I enjoy witting and others like to read it.

I've asked you recently and in the past numerous times to have the heckling and name calling stopped. Too bad the name Useless is already taken.

You can lock this thread as I have not been posting anyways.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
You also tell half truths. I didn't say I wanted to be moderator. I said I wanted moderator privileges so I and only I could modify a thread about my travels without the crap.
So you don't want to be a modulator, but you want all the modulator powers? Why on earth would they give you that?

Quote:
The only thing I've ever wanted to do in my threads was tell my story because I enjoy witting and others like to read it.
So you want to write about your story, you want people to comment on your story, but only if they say what you want them to?

Sounds like it's time for you to go get a blog, just like everyone has told you ad nauseum for almost a year now. I'd suggest http://www.blogspot.com. I'm sure the reason you don't want to do that is because you won't have the exposure that you get on a site such as CAD. Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. :wink:
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Exactly the response I expected. You also tell half truths.
You make my point perfectly.

Quote:
I didn't say I wanted to be moderator. I said I wanted moderator privileges so I and only I could modify a thread about my travels without the crap.
And I explained to you that it was not possible to be a moderator for one thread.

Quote:
That's what blogs are for and I made that suggestion, too. You poo-poo'd that suggestion with both myself and with Lee. The level of control you want is not possible on a messageboard. Should we rewrite code to accomodate you?

Quote:
I've asked you recently and in the past numerous times to have the heckling and name calling stopped
And I've told you that if you want to have it stopped, stop it yourself. Once again, your reply to me was "that will be hard." Ye reap what ye sow and I have no sympathy for you.

Quote:
Too bad the name Useless is already taken.
Noted.

Quote:
You can lock this thread as I have not been posting anyways.
Done.

Now take it up with Lee. I'm finished with this.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:52 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

After receiving a couple PM's, I'll add one more note to this since I know everyone will be reviewing the end of this thread and either wondering what the hell just happened or looking for someone to get mad at.

This was never about specific posters. It isn't about Booth vs Rev or Booth vs. Big Diesel or Booth Backers vs whoever. This was about a blatant attempt to undermine the board and the board moderators.

As moderators, we don't ask for people to like us. Being a moderator is a thankless job and there are times where we have to act in the best interest of the board. That was done in this case.

I understand that there are people that liked Booth. I personally never had a problem with his exploits...just with the way he went about getting started.

In the end, what's done is done. My suggestion for everyone is to simply drop it and move on. I don't want to see any retaliation posts against the perceived "enemy," if you know what I mean. Rev had zero to do with how this turned out. It was all on Steve and he choose the outcome. So anyone else can either follow him where-ever he goes (he still needs a blog for what he wants to do) or can shrug their shoulders and move beyond this.

Thanks.

Closed Thread