:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82
It's only been a little over a year and Steve is already cutting in on Gmans loads. :shock: You were supposed to get 2.50 a mile. Your cutting down his rates also. What gives man? :P We need to put a blue mask on your head and make it really tight.
LOL.....I'm expecting a visit from those little blue Umpa Loopas any day now.

I tell ya, gotta love these APU's. You set the temp when you want it to come on and it just sits there then fires up when it's time. It's become sort of an alarm clock for me. The temp drops to 50 around 12 or 1 and on she comes.

Those little tractors are doing fine on the back and I went through some rough and bumpy roads yesterday. I think I put way too many straps and chains on everything. I guess just lack of experience knowing what is really needed makes me do it.

That's one of the drawbacks of running a lot at night. You tend to use the headlights of cars passing you and take advantage of big overhead lights to check out the load. The night plays tricks and you see things that aren't really there like a strap flapping in the breeze or a chain wobbling up and down. You pull over and everything is as tight as it could be. You can't depend on other drivers because very few will mention something loose unless it's another flatbed driver.

Ok, what's up with sitting at the counter trying to eat. It's like 9 times out of 10 I'm sitting there and I can feel the guy next to me looking. As soon as I turn just a little he starts in talking and doesn't shut the F*** up. Non stop about his family like I know them all and all their medical problems. Half the time I can't understand a word they are saying because of their accent or they just can't speak proper English. I try and laugh when I'm suppose to but I think they tell me their wife died, I don't understand so I laugh!!! WTF I've been plagued with this my whole life. What, do I look like Dr. Phil? I had to listen to freaking Forrest Gump all through my meal last night. Now I know why many drivers sit at a booth.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Board Regular

So you have discovered that it is your calling to be a friend to the friendless and to be compassionate and ooze empathy. Peace bro. 8) (And you thought you were just being annoyed.)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth

Ok, what's up with sitting at the counter trying to eat......

Eating at the counter is like tapping your foot in the mens room.....
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Ok, what's up with sitting at the counter trying to eat. It's like 9 times out of 10 I'm sitting there and I can feel the guy next to me looking. As soon as I turn just a little he starts in talking and doesn't shut the F*** up. Non stop about his family like I know them all and all their medical problems. Half the time I can't understand a word they are saying because of their accent or they just can't speak proper English. I try and laugh when I'm suppose to but I think they tell me their wife died, I don't understand so I laugh!!! WTF I've been plagued with this my whole life. What, do I look like Dr. Phil? I had to listen to freaking Forrest Gump all through my meal last night. Now I know why many drivers sit at a booth.
That's no worse than the few times I've had IT guys come to the house to fix my computer, and they tell me these story's about work related things and laugh as there going along like I understand what the hell there talking about. Does it ever dawn on you guys that if people knew what you were talking about they wouldn't call you to fix their computer!!!!!! Do you guys ever talk about sports or p***y?????? :lol:
Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSamples
Quote:

Ok, what's up with sitting at the counter trying to eat......

Eating at the counter is like tapping your foot in the mens room.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
Do you guys ever talk about sports or p***y?????? :lol:
What? Do you mean like the Programming Olympics and our cats??? Sure, we talk about that stuff all the time!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM

Interesting day today. A car just flipped over on the highway right in front of me and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. There was a DPW truck on the side of the road and the guy came running. He got a woman out and she was OK but there was a guy in the truck that they left in there. Not sure why. Gas was leaking out all over the place and the guy and woman stayed about 100 feet away. Maybe he was dead or hurt.

It sure paid off today being the slowest person on the road and keeping my distance.

I have 5 tractors on my flatbed and 5 stops to make which are all close together. I happened to be looking at the paperwork and noticed the optional metal grate that was slide under the first tractor put on is for the 1st stop I have to make. A light bulb went off in my head.

I get on the phone with CRST and tell them my trailer is loaded wrong and the first customer will have to unload the whole truck to get at his other piece. They say they will check and call me right back. Big surprise, 4 hours later and no call. I get back on the phone with CRST and the lady I talked to already went home. Now I'm F***ing pissed.

Now I explain to this other woman the problem and I tell her I want an answer today from the company Case. I want Case to call the customer and tell them they will have to unload my whole trailer and load it back up.

THEN.....I realize, wait, these other tractors belong to other customers and I'm responsible for them so I get on the phone with my agent and next thing I know I'm talking to the legal department at the insurance company itself. First they launch into telling me what a great job I did of noticing what was going to happen. They tell me they are going to fax me a legal document for Case to sign that removes me from all liability of damage that may result from this customer moving all the other customers tractors.

So now I'm back on the phone with the broker to make them aware of this and now I need this handled today as I'm delivering tomorrow but will not allow the customer to move any other equipment except their own without this signed document.

I get a call about 10 minutes later from CRST telling me the company understands 100% and to give the grate to the last customer and they will ship another one out in the future. And yes, I have new shipping papers that change the destination of the grate.

So that was my big excitement of the day other than that flipped car. I'm in PA and my eyeballs froze when I walked to the store from my truck. The wind is howling and it must be in the 20's. Merrick would love it...lol
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Board Regular

Interesting. So this was a load that CRST brokered out and you wound up with? Glad to hear they addressed your problem. The more I do research, the more good things I hear about CRST. My mentor tells me they have alot of good-paying freight in my area. 8)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Senior Board Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: See there G-MAN :mrgreen: ...yer a flippin Mentor now !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: