User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think it was 51st or seneca, somewhere in that area, southwest of town right by the airport.

I remember I left Winnipeg at night and had to be there in 30 hours or something ridiculous. It's about 1000 miles. Apparently super duper rush.

Got there, delivered just in time(did a few 6-7 hour shifts). It was right before a long weekend.

They had me deadhead all the way back to Minneapolis. I guess they made more then enough on the headhaul.

Only had about 4,000 lbs down, 0 to minneapolis, and 15,000 from minneapolis to winnipeg. I averaged something like 8.7 for the whole trip.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hoover road, that's it.

I'm only 23,000 pounds so it should be OK MPH the whole way. The wind is wicked right now and my truck is being rocked back and forth parked here. It's like there are 2 guys outside pushing it from side to side.

I could have stayed in bed a lot long this morning.

Time to ROLL
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Dump the air in the truck. I do it all the time.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Ya, but then my truck would be crooked and I would be mushed up against the wall.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Ya, but then my truck would be crooked and I would be mushed up against the wall.
That was a funny visual that popped in my head Steve :lol:
Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM

I can't understand why the majority of drivers are now just getting up and going at 9:00am. It's a freaking cluster F*** here. There are tons of people trying to get fuel and trucks all over the place trying to leave.

I just stopped to eat and take a break after doing 350 miles.

Come the end of the day they will all be at it once again trying to get into a truckstop and everyone yelling at each other.

I just don't understand it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Cessna is across the road from Case Holland. CRST Malone has had that account for several years. They have felt you can use to protect the tractors from your straps or chains. When I first started hauling them I would throw it away, but latter kept some of them. They make great padding and are light weight. I can't believe that CRST Malone driver just went by there and waited for a load without having something lined up. Everything has to go through their agent. I always enjoyed hauling those little tractors. You have to be careful how you secure them or they will walk on your trailer if you hit some rough roads. All in all they do pretty well. I had hoped to get over there with my step deck and pick up some of those tractors. I should be able to haul 6 on it. On a 48' flat or step you usually can't haul more than 5. I never understood why they don't turn them sideways so that they could haul more of them.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Cessna is across the road from Case Holland. CRST Malone has had that account for several years. They have felt you can use to protect the tractors from your straps or chains. When I first started hauling them I would throw it away, but latter kept some of them. They make great padding and are light weight. I can't believe that CRST Malone driver just went by there and waited for a load without having something lined up. Everything has to go through their agent. I always enjoyed hauling those little tractors. You have to be careful how you secure them or they will walk on your trailer if you hit some rough roads. All in all they do pretty well. I had hoped to get over there with my step deck and pick up some of those tractors. I should be able to haul 6 on it. On a 48' flat or step you usually can't haul more than 5. I never understood why they don't turn them sideways so that they could haul more of them.
They don't allow RGN's in there anymore from what I was told. I have 5 on my flatbed with 2 of them turned sideways because there was some misc stuff to go along with the order.

The CRST driver went there and waited in hopes of an order that came in from CRST. He wasn't trying to haul on his own. I think it was just a shot in the dark in case someone didn't show up which I can imagine happens all the time with the volume of trucks that I saw in a short period of time. Quit the operation inside too!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There have usually been several trucks loading when I have been there. They have normally been pretty good about not keeping me for too long. I don't recall having seen any RGN's loading there. Mostly it is flats and steps with an occasional van. You could probably get 2 more skidders on a trailer if they would turn them sideways.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

It's only been a little over a year and Steve is already cutting in on Gmans loads. :shock: You were supposed to get 2.50 a mile. Your cutting down his rates also. What gives man? :P We need to put a blue mask on your head and make it really tight.
Closed Thread