User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Moving 5th wheel

There are holes in the frame where you could move the entire 5th wheel plate back, this would give me more room but that is a major chore and I have no idea how that would affect my weight distribution.

With the weight you guys haul I wouldn't do it if I could help it. Mine is where I can move it behind the C/L of the drives and it's real easy to get heavy on the drives with just 44k. :shock:
I've read your entire "adventure" and enjoyed it immensely. If you ever give up trucking I'm sure you could write a good book. :wink:
Good luck on the O/O side of things, but from what I've read I'm sure you'll do fine.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Hope all goes well for you.I am officially out of trucking.Have started working with a man that has a vending machine company.He has three routes.Going to work with him for a couple of years,then he is going to retire.At that time I may buy the company.He has been doing this for 26 years.It is well established in the area.Will be nice to be home evenings and off weekends.Good luck in your new venture as well.Going to miss the road.
well I definitely wish you the best of luck on your new endevour. No doubt there is money to be made in vending as I looked into it a while back as an option when I retired from the Navy. Be sure to let us know how things go if you do decide to buy the company.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Moving 5th wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by klleetrucking
With the weight you guys haul I wouldn't do it if I could help it. Mine is where I can move it behind the C/L of the drives and it's real easy to get heavy on the drives with just 44k. :shock:
I've read your entire "adventure" and enjoyed it immensely. If you ever give up trucking I'm sure you could write a good book. :wink:
Good luck on the O/O side of things, but from what I've read I'm sure you'll do fine.
I agree with the weight issue and that is why I doubt I would go to that extreme. I have plenty of clearance between the nose of the trailer and the tractor, just real tight to climb up in between mainly because of the cab farings.

I am glad you enjoy reading the thread and thank you very much for the well wishes, but I highly doubt I am capable (or worthy) to write a book.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:52 PM

I will keep you informed.I will also stay up with how your new venture goes.Hope you get out of there soon.Another storm coming into the northwest tonight.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 PM

are you down the highway yet???

not me, nosiree....im still hangin out in the heat....lol....ok im not in texas anymore.....i moved to oklahoma....the texas feller's was wierd....i mean no close bars or nothin!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Rookie

Well how things can change. As last reported I was to start with Schneider on 1-5-08. On 1-4-08 they called 3 hours before I was to check into a hotel (only 20 mins from my house) and said "no go". Why? I listed a misdemeanor conviction that happened in 2001. I also did with Davis. I was told my background was cleared over a month ago and this conviction was reviewed by management and approved. I knew it was in my DAC. The thing with Schneider was the original conviction was a felony. The court reduced it to a misdemeanor but DAC showed it as a felony. I went to the court and found out the case was dismissed entirely. For those wondering? it wasn't drug related. It was vandalism. The victim? A brother who had served a year in state prison after 5 DUI's. He was still driving drunk after he got out so I punctured all four of his tires one night while he was getting ready to "go out". I was wrong but very angry. Anyway, because he was angry and the damage was more then $400 he had me arrested for felony vandalism. I faxed the court papers with official seal to SN and it didn't matter. Even though I listed when legally I can answer no to the question it didn't matter. They admitted technically I didn't lie. On a positive note, I'm going back to flatbed. I start orientation Monday in Omaha, Nebraska and will be 48 states. Another x#^&*& bus ride but it's a job. Does anyone know anything about Arrow Trucking. I hear good and bad as with every company. See you all on the road.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Rookie

Brother glad to see all is well for you and the truck. We last talked Dec 07, 06 been gone for awhile. Still looking at the driving world will be watching it. Take care and I will watchin'. Fair winds and following seas Brother.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Did you get your first load out??? Inquiring minds want to know! Continue on with your adventure!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Board Regular

Ok I'll jump on also.... You rollin yet?

I called up there yesterday and was told "C" is gone and was transferred to Mr "D". I wanted to check on the status for getting re paid for the hotel, cab and rental car since "C and "P" said they would repay me for this. Mr "D" said the insurance company is the one that I need to talk to... So I'm still waiting for this part.... :evil:

I hope all are doing well on the road.... stay warm..and safe

pb
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Rookie

dewercs, the insurance company did reimburse me. My accident was filed on 11-13-07 and I received a check on 1-4-08. I'm leaving for orientation tomorrow and don't know when I'll get by a computer again. I called my friend who helped me and what you need to do if they take too long is ask for a denial in writing so you can present it to the California State Workmen's Comp Appeal Board. My buddy, who works for a Comp attorney says these companies do not want to deal with this agency. It worked for me and I hope it works for you. Good luck, my friend.