User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Outstanding job there DD!! Glad to see that everything is going good! Have a good weekend!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Be careful up there, devildice. That is a different country up there. :P I used to run all over South Dakota.

How ya like them big ole hills up there? Makes ya appreciate the plains that we have. :P
Yes it's definitely different country than good ole Texas, that's for sure!! :P
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Outstanding job there DD!! Glad to see that everything is going good! Have a good weekend!
Thanks fireman........ and you have a great weekend too!!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Senior Board Member

08/11-12/07
I have explored just about every inch of the Iowa I-80 truck stop over the past couple of days. It is amazing how much “stuff” this place has. Some of the prices are not just your typical “truck stop prices”, they are plain outrages!! :shock: I can see how a guy could go broke in a hurry.

I managed to get a few things done such as the weekly grease job of the truck and trailer, (got it washed on Friday), cleaned the inside out real good, re-organized my straps and bungees, fixed my side box door on the tractor so that when it opens it doesn’t go all the way to the ground, did some laundry, and lastly I spent a few bucks on a Sirius Satellite radio and a couple of other little things.

Tomorrow I will call in with my fingers crossed that the dispatcher has a load for me sooner than later
Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Board Regular

DD,

Congrats on the new truck and going solo. Still reading your thread and wanted to say your encouraging us x squids / retirees to get into a decent school and make the plunge....

Sounds like your having a good time at the TS metropolious. Anyway, hope you get a decent load out tomorrow. Did ya know sirius also lets you sign in online and listen at sirius.com ? it comes in handy sometimes. Take care and thanks for keeping us posted.
BOL. :wink: :wink:
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbski
DD,

Congrats on the new truck and going solo. Still reading your thread and wanted to say your encouraging us x squids / retirees to get into a decent school and make the plunge....

Sounds like your having a good time at the TS metropolious. Anyway, hope you get a decent load out tomorrow. Did ya know sirius also lets you sign in online and listen at sirius.com ? it comes in handy sometimes. Take care and thanks for keeping us posted.
BOL. :wink: :wink:
Thanks....glad you're enjoying the "play by play" action. And yeah, when I signed up for Sirius, the guy told me about the onling thing, already checked it out.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 AM

hey dd....get ready to go to wonderful cali land....lol....at least thats where they always try and send me from that area

you did it right and reset over the weekend...i didnt i ran all weekend and will now run out of hours around thursday mornin....now i remember why i dont run hard on a sat or sunday...oh well

get ahold of someone at the office and get my #, give me a call sometime, heck it'd be nice to complain to someone who has done the same junk load once....lol
Old 08-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Senior Board Member

I am glad you got to see the Walcott truck stop! Sorry you had to reset on the weekend I know that is a bummer! But you have a full slate of hours now!

GFI also had a reset this weekend REAL TOUGH!

Anyway this weekend I made some of those cookies for our new neighbors! I know I still owe you some when the opportunity arises to hook up!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Board Regular

Hi Devildice,

Nothing short of pain in the A## stuff happening with me.

TUE: I started to do the equiptment check while doing that, the yard nazi was under the trailer doing something when he found a broken brake cannister. He had me pull the trailer in and they fixed it. I pulled the trailer out and it was my turn to go under and inspect. I then found a broken leaf spring that made it past the yearly inspection by the mechanics so the nazi was happy about that. Trailer went back into the shop.

WED: no problems.

THU: Yard Nazi came back to work and was all fun and games with him. We went over some stuff and he signed me off. I was assigned truck 374 and told to get ready to go.... I told them I still had to move in and get stuff from Wally World. They were cool with that. I find out a few hours later that I have a p/up in Sumterville, Idaho of lumber for friday at 2pm. I say to myself... cool I can get stuff cleaned up in the truck and run over there later tonight or in the AM. I decided to go in the AM.

FRI: I'm heading west out of Montana and pull into the Haugan Scales. I get a Level 1 inspection! NICE :shock: . After 45 min's there i get to leave.
So... i continue to Idaho. I get there, scale and find out that they don't have all the stuff they need to load me. But they start to load me with part of it. As that is going on I luck out and the order they were waiting for showed up. So I get loaded...scale and i'm over weight! :sad:
While on the scale they have me take off some straps and remove a larger lift of lumber and put on a smaller lift. Ok... wind is blowing and i fight with the tarps for a few hours! I'm done by 6:30 and drive back to missoula. I use the cat scale and find that Im over on the drives and trailer tandems. It's sat am and Sha%$#n is there. First I have to untarp, then unstrap, the load is shifted forward, I slide the 5th wheel forward a couple notches and Then I re-strap, and re-tarp! :evil: So sat I leave and head for a re weigh. I way 34k on trailer and 33980 on drives 11700 on steers and 3/4 tank of fuel :?: :?: . Cool I start out. I got into Butte and pull into the pilot to do a load/tire check. find a slit in left rear outside trailer tire and make phone call.... told no problem keep driving on tire, and was asked how i'm doing on fuel. I'm told to get 25 gallons so I can make it to Laurel.

SUN: wake up and find I have a blown right rear inside trailer tire! NICE! So by 10:30 I'm on the road. I'm driving on the 212 and i'm watching my gauges climb as I climb hills :shock: 4th hill all guage warning buzzers go off... water temp, oil, check engine... I'm climbing and can't do anything but get to the top. I got there and no place to stop... get the 5th hill m/m 80 or 81 and stop at the top. open the hood let the truck cool for 20 mins. I then get goin and water temp guage goes off again. I kick the heater on roll down the windows and cruise for awhile till I get past Alzaeda, Mt. Your right these trucks don't like the hills! I'm now in Vivian, SD. I'm Suppose to be in Alabama and then Tennesse by thursday and I'm reallllly low on hours :sad: . So I to will be calling in Monday morning....All night I was waiting or a deer to run out in front of the truck... man what else is going to happen???? :?:

pb
Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Nothing short of pain in the A## stuff happening with me.

TUE: I started to do the equiptment check while doing that, the yard nazi was under the trailer doing something when he found a broken brake cannister. He had me pull the trailer in and they fixed it. I pulled the trailer out and it was my turn to go under and inspect. I then found a broken leaf spring that made it past the yearly inspection by the mechanics so the nazi was happy about that. Trailer went back into the shop.

WED: no problems.

THU: Yard Nazi came back to work and was all fun and games with him. We went over some stuff and he signed me off. I was assigned truck 374 and told to get ready to go.... I told them I still had to move in and get stuff from Wally World. They were cool with that. I find out a few hours later that I have a p/up in Sumterville, Idaho of lumber for friday at 2pm. I say to myself... cool I can get stuff cleaned up in the truck and run over there later tonight or in the AM. I decided to go in the AM.

FRI: I'm heading west out of Montana and pull into the Haugan Scales. I get a Level 1 inspection! NICE :shock: . After 45 min's there i get to leave.
So... i continue to Idaho. I get there, scale and find out that they don't have all the stuff they need to load me. But they start to load me with part of it. As that is going on I luck out and the order they were waiting for showed up. So I get loaded...scale and i'm over weight! :sad:
While on the scale they have me take off some straps and remove a larger lift of lumber and put on a smaller lift. Ok... wind is blowing and i fight with the tarps for a few hours! I'm done by 6:30 and drive back to missoula. I use the cat scale and find that Im over on the drives and trailer tandems. It's sat am and Sha%$#n is there. First I have to untarp, then unstrap, the load is shifted forward, I slide the 5th wheel forward a couple notches and Then I re-strap, and re-tarp! :evil: So sat I leave and head for a re weigh. I way 34k on trailer and 33980 on drives 11700 on steers and 3/4 tank of fuel :?: :?: . Cool I start out. I got into Butte and pull into the pilot to do a load/tire check. find a slit in left rear outside trailer tire and make phone call.... told no problem keep driving on tire, and was asked how i'm doing on fuel. I'm told to get 25 gallons so I can make it to Laurel.

SUN: wake up and find I have a blown right rear inside trailer tire! NICE! So by 10:30 I'm on the road. I'm driving on the 212 and i'm watching my gauges climb as I climb hills :shock: 4th hill all guage warning buzzers go off... water temp, oil, check engine... I'm climbing and can't do anything but get to the top. I got there and no place to stop... get the 5th hill m/m 80 or 81 and stop at the top. open the hood let the truck cool for 20 mins. I then get goin and water temp guage goes off again. I kick the heater on roll down the windows and cruise for awhile till I get past Alzaeda, Mt. Your right these trucks don't like the hills! I'm now in Vivian, SD. I'm Suppose to be in Alabama and then Tennesse by thursday and I'm reallllly low on hours :sad: . So I to will be calling in Monday morning....All night I was waiting or a deer to run out in front of the truck... man what else is going to happen???? :?:

pb
Wow! You are getting quite the experience right off the bat. That is why I believe training is so important so that in the event you are in the situation you can handle it. I don't think my husband has had a level 1 yet. I am not sure though.

Hopefully for you this streak will finish and then things will smooth out for you! As far as bad starts I don't think it could get much worse than my husband's first solo trip out with May! :shock: So it could be worse. Then the fender bender two weeks later! He was not prepared at the time as was evidenced!

It will get better! Right

I hope that you checked your mats in the truck and noted any little thing that was wrong! YARD NAZI :lol: :lol:
I know exactly who you are speaking of. I guess the drivers gave him that name a while ago. They told my husband he has really cooled down. I guess he was really something before!

Goin Fer It's Wife