User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
Construction Zone? I delivered my steel pipe..... ah ...... culver(I didn't want to use this term earlier) to a construction site for the light rail(Expo Train) crossing the Ballona Creek at National Blvd and West Jefferson Blvd. You weren't delivering at the same location were you?

culver city, ca - Google Maps

.:: EXPO TRAIN ::.
No, I was at an old Circut City building. I can not recall the street name off the top of my head.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member

The Circuit City store was on the western side of Culver City and the Expo is on the eastern side. Maybe 5-7 miles apart, but lots of congestion in between.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 AM

Hey DD,

Hope all is well with you. You got time for an update or have you decided to let this post go?

R/

Frat
Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratsit View Post
Hey DD,

Hope all is well with you. You got time for an update or have you decided to let this post go?

R/

Frat
All is well.....I have neglected the thread as I have been busy for about the past 6 weeks on the road bouncing from coast to coast and every where in between "banking" some $$.

I am now at home and will be taking a good month or so off since my son is coming home from college for a while. He has to spend some time aboard ship as a midshipman this summer so when he leaves to go do that I'll go back out for a while.

p.s........Hope all is going well with you and yours.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Board Regular

84 pages?! WOW! That alone is an accomplishment, top keep a thread alive that long. LOL The internet is plagued with ADHD threads that die quick.

I am going to sit down one day and brows through this. I read the first two posts and got lazy but will try and see whats up.
Congrats and being around so far.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal View Post
84 pages?! WOW! That alone is an accomplishment, top keep a thread alive that long. LOL The internet is plagued with ADHD threads that die quick.

I am going to sit down one day and brows through this. I read the first two posts and got lazy but will try and see whats up.
Congrats and being around so far.
lol............thanks, I to am a little amazed it has lasted this long. I am sure it can contribute to a good nights sleep while attempting to read thru it :lol:
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 PM

I will be the first to admit I have read through this thread twice. I find it motiviating to see how DD started out and what he has accomplished in such a short amount of time. I also learn something new each time I have read it. This thread is an exellent resource for someone starting out. His thread is what prompted me to join this site. I can relate since I am a Chief Petty Officer and so is DD.

While I am sure it has not been a bed of roses it is certainly nice to not read about nothing but doom and gloom...the end is near... stuff that I read about over at TTR.

While my first step is going to be that of a company driver, when I am ready to purchase a tractor Mercer and Landstar are two companies I am interested in. I would like to chat with DD as to how to be successful at LS, but that would be premature for me.

R/

Frat
Old 05-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratsit View Post
I will be the first to admit I have read through this thread twice. I find it motiviating to see how DD started out and what he has accomplished in such a short amount of time. I also learn something new each time I have read it. This thread is an exellent resource for someone starting out. His thread is what prompted me to join this site. I can relate since I am a Chief Petty Officer and so is DD.

While I am sure it has not been a bed of roses it is certainly nice to not read about nothing but doom and gloom...the end is near... stuff that I read about over at TTR.

While my first step is going to be that of a company driver, when I am ready to purchase a tractor Mercer and Landstar are two companies I am interested in. I would like to chat with DD as to how to be successful at LS, but that would be premature for me.

R/

Frat
Thanks for the kind words brother. You are correct in that it has not been a bed of roses, but it also has not been completely horrible either. It is what it is and be it luck, skill or a combo of both, thus far I have been successful (knock on wood).

Feel free to ask me anything you want, it's never too early or late to learn something.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Board Regular

DD, Hey good to run into you in Las Cruces on Friday. Too bad you got in late the night before because I promised once upon a time to pay for dinner. Nice meeting your son. Hope you two had a nice trip to Vegas and enjoyed the weekend there.

After you took off, I had to wait several hours for my Texas oversize permit to be faxed from my company's office. I don't know what Texas's problem was because my company submitted a request 3 days before. I didn't get out of the TA in Las Cruces until noon. Funny thing is I could have stopped at the Texas DOT office in Anthony and got my own permit(like I did in Arizona and New Mexico).

With such a late start, I only made it to Ozona, TX(I10 Exit 372) that day. The upside to staying there is the Circle Bar Auto Museum that's across from the truck stop. The museum has all glass windows and lit up at night, so anyone can walk around the outside of the place and see the Indy and NASCAR racers.

Caught you another time.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
DD, Hey good to run into you in Las Cruces on Friday. Too bad you got in late the night before because I promised once upon a time to pay for dinner. Nice meeting your son. Hope you two had a nice trip to Vegas and enjoyed the weekend there.

After you took off, I had to wait several hours for my Texas oversize permit to be faxed from my company's office. I don't know what Texas's problem was because my company submitted a request 3 days before. I didn't get out of the TA in Las Cruces until noon. Funny thing is I could have stopped at the Texas DOT office in Anthony and got my own permit(like I did in Arizona and New Mexico).

With such a late start, I only made it to Ozona, TX(I10 Exit 372) that day. The upside to staying there is the Circle Bar Auto Museum that's across from the truck stop. The museum has all glass windows and lit up at night, so anyone can walk around the outside of the place and see the Indy and NASCAR racers.

Caught you another time.
Yeah good seeing you again too. It sure would have been nice to "collect" on that free dinner ....oh well maybe next time. Too bad about the permit, been there done that a few times and it sux.

That museum is pretty cool, been there done that too. The restaurant at that truck stop has some pretty decent food in it and I've always been able to fine a nice quiet corner to park in, not a bad place to stop.

Take care and be safe.