User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I went down to Rush Peterbilt yesterday and got the following done on the truck:

Overhead Service
PM Service (this includes oil change, oil filter, fuel filter & lube)
21-point inspection
Clutch Adjustment

All that cost me $335.02 out the door!

p.s. For those that are following the "CAD Bumper sticker" thread, I post a couple of pics with the new decals in my sleeper windows.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
That's a very good price for that service.
I thought so to. Take a look at what I got for $335.00
Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Got a question from a post of your back in May, DD.

Snipped......I did have a load alert call on one going from here to Trim Island, CA that was paying pretty good but I was not fast enough on the draw so to speak as it got covered just as was speaking to the agent......Snipped

I suspect when you are talking to the Agent you are getting particulars about the load, ect. If you are speaking with an Agent can someone else book that same load straight from the LB without calling and talking to the Agent? Just curious.

As for me....... I am heading to Grain Valley, MO at the end of the month the attend the Trucking Business Management Seminar that OOIDA is giving. More research..... I was thinking that I may be putting the "cart before the horse", but after calling and talking to Janet at OOIDA I decided to attend. I am really looking forward to it.

R/

Jeff

Last edited by Fratsit; 10-11-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Fixed the mispelled words.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratsit View Post
Got a question from a post of your back in May, DD.

Snipped......I did have a load alert call on one going from here to Trim Island, CA that was paying pretty good but I was not fast enough on the draw so to speak as it got covered just as was speaking to the agent......Snipped

I suspect when you are talking to the Agent you are getting particulars about the load, ect. If you are speaking with an Agent can someone else book that same load straight from the LB without calling and talking to the Agent? Just curious.

As for me....... I am heading to Grain Valley, MO at the end of the month the attend the Trucking Business Management Seminar that OOIDA is giving. More research..... I was thinking that I may be putting the "cart before the horse", but after calling and talking to Janet at OOIDA decided to attend. I am really looking forwad to it.

R/

Jeff
No, you have to speak with the agent posting the load in order to book it. In that particular situation, there was more than one agent that worked in that office and while speaking with one of them, another was speaking with a driver and booked it. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) there are multiple agents (different offices) that post the load (more than like a brokered load) and any one of them can book it. In fact, I called on a load here not long ago and got the agents voice mail, left a message and then called a different agent on the same load and ended up booking it through them.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Senior Board Member

I left out of the house today and headed to the Love's in Katy, TX. I have to load in Houston tomorrow morning.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
No, you have to speak with the agent posting the load in order to book it. In that particular situation, there was more than one agent that worked in that office and while speaking with one of them, another was speaking with a driver and booked it. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) there are multiple agents (different offices) that post the load (more than like a brokered load) and any one of them can book it.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ9FHAWd3V8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ9FHAWd3V8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
[youtube]<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ9FHAWd3V8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ9FHAWd3V8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/youtube]
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Now that was hilarious and oh so TRUE!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I picked up my load in Pasadena, TX on Monday. It was 22 super sacks of Alumina Oxide going to the Valero refinery in Wilmington, CA (Long Beach area).

It was easy enough to secure and tarp. The part that sucked was no sooner do I get my first tarp buttoned up and working on the 2nd, it started raining. Now if you're familiar with Texas rain, you know it doesn't just "sprinkle" it RAINS.....and needless to say by the time I was done I was drenched from head to toe and I mean DRENCHED.....so much so that my boots were full of water. I go inside to get my BOL and when I head back out, the rain had stopped and the freaking sun was shining...go figure.

Anyways, it was scheduled to deliver on Thursday the 15th and based on the distance, I could get there on the 14th with no problems. So that's what I did. The nice thing about flatbedding is that you rarely have appointments and the pick up/delivery hours are usually "bankers hours" not to mention the customers are always glad to see you (well maybe not you personally, but definitely glad to see their load ).

After unloading I bounce up to one of the absolute best TA's in the country (insert sarcasm here), the Ontario TA West. I have to sit here until Friday and then bounce over to Fontana to reload.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
After unloading I bounce up to one of the absolute best TA's in the country (insert sarcasm here), the Ontario TA West. I have to sit here until Friday and then bounce over to Fontana to reload.
I tried to stay out that place. It is a zoo! But, I did have fun a couple weeks ago. I pick 43,000 lbs load of titanium near by. Have to weigh and it is late, so no one at the Cat Scale booth. So, I drive into lot, get parking receipt, scale, go to exit booth, turn in parking receipt, go to fuel island, and go inside for weight ticket. I am over weight on drive axles. Leave fuel island, get parking receipt, drive thru lot and go to exit booth to turn in parking receipt. I returned to the shipper to adjust the load. Now, I have to return to the TA West to start the process over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Drive round and round that swamp is lots of fun.

I park over at the Galaxy Burger off Hwy 60. You have to purchase something, but the food is good.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
I tried to stay out that place. It is a zoo! But, I did have fun a couple weeks ago. I pick 43,000 lbs load of titanium near by. Have to weigh and it is late, so no one at the Cat Scale booth. So, I drive into lot, get parking receipt, scale, go to exit booth, turn in parking receipt, go to fuel island, and go inside for weight ticket. I am over weight on drive axles. Leave fuel island, get parking receipt, drive thru lot and go to exit booth to turn in parking receipt. I returned to the shipper to adjust the load. Now, I have to return to the TA West to start the process over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Drive round and round that swamp is lots of fun.

I park over at the Galaxy Burger off Hwy 60. You have to purchase something, but the food is good.
:lol2::lol2::lol2: Thats funny