User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
Going to Charlotte, huh? I just delivered in Athens, GA Friday and reloaded in Statesville, NC which is 45 miles north of Charlotte.

Your truck is looking great!! You have come along ways since driving a turtle shell green truck. I am seriously envious of you as I drive my company 2001 Pete.

I had a very good week. Came back to work Monday after taking 3 weeks off for Christmas, New Years, and my birthday. I loaded a T-33 jet engine at Boeing Field in Seattle on Monday morning. The trailer already had a load of aluminum plate on at the yard when I hooked up. I delivered the engine to Neosho, MO on Thursday morning and the aluminum plate in Athens at noon Friday. Now I have a load going to Fargo, ND and Whistler, BC. I just stopped at the Hook in Hebron, IN where I will sit tomorrow to restart my log. I drove 4000 miles since Monday so I am ready for a day off. Time for laundry and NFL playoffs.

Time for your truck to earn its keep. Watch out for those states(eg. Colorado, Oregon) that prohibit compression braking with straight pipes.
Thanks! Not sure why you would be envious since it sounds like you're doing well right now. With me taking 3+ weeks off, I definitely have to get her to earn her keep now .

I watched both playoff games yesterday and am hoping that where ever I shut down today I can get reception. REALLY want to see the Cowboys/Vickings game as I am betting it will be a good one.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Here are a few pics of the truck after the accident. The damage doesn't look that bad because the pics were taken after we bent/pushed everything back into place and ensure that it was still drivable. The left side of the bumper was pulled so far forward that it was in an "L" shape. What isn't shown is how the brackets that hold the bumper and some other "internal" peices were broke. Total cost of the damage was $3,800.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Can I stand on an over-pass tomorrow evening and drop pebbles on your paint job...as you drive through Orange??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
Thanks! Not sure why you would be envious since it sounds like you're doing well right now. With me taking 3+ weeks off, I definitely have to get her to earn her keep now .

I watched both playoff games yesterday and am hoping that where ever I shut down today I can get reception. REALLY want to see the Cowboys/Vickings game as I am betting it will be a good one.
Envious of your nice ride. Yeah I am doing okay at the company I am driving for.

I just watch the game and it was good .... for the Vikings! :-P
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Board Regular

DD, On November 30th last year I was driving I5 Northbound in the Seattle area. A car tried to pass me on the right and move into my lane(it was 3 lanes on that section of the highway). Well, he didn't make it and slammed into the rightside door step, fuel tank, catwalk step. I felt the contact but when I looked I didn't see anything there, so I threw on my 4ways and slowly move over to the shoulder. Traffic was moderately heavy and it took about a 1/2 mile to safely stop. Seeing the damage to my truck I called 911 but the dispatcher was already aware of the collision. About that time I see a Incident Response truck pushing a disabled car up the shoulder and the WSP arrived.

The state trooper took my report and fortunately the other driver admitted reasonability. He was ticketed for unsafe lane change. My truck was drivable(I had to bend the rightside drive tire 1/4 fender out), so once I had the other driver's insurance info I headed to my company's yard which was 10 miles away.

My company replaced the fuel tank and made the other repairs while I was out for Christmas.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 AM

double D

sure was nice hanging out with you today....we got to do it more often than every 6 months tho......

be safe, make some money and keep the pup happy........

happy trails

PS. i still cant believe that guy made the pull thru...........
Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1 View Post
double D

sure was nice hanging out with you today....we got to do it more often than every 6 months tho......

be safe, make some money and keep the pup happy........

happy trails

PS. i still cant believe that guy made the pull thru...........

Likewise. Can't belive it's been so long since we last hung out. Tell you're ole lady that I ain't coming up there until she changes her attitude....:lol: You take care and be safe heading up north.

p.s. yeah that was kinda funny. :rofl:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Rookie
Default buying a used truck

Hey DD, Ive been reading your thread and really enjoy it. I am expanding my business to include a semi. I would like your advise on what to check for when buying used. Im buying a 04 or 05. Maybe some things that wont be obvious to a first time buyer. If you have time to respond I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionize Freigth View Post
Hey DD, Ive been reading your thread and really enjoy it. I am expanding my business to include a semi. I would like your advise on what to check for when buying used. Im buying a 04 or 05. Maybe some things that wont be obvious to a first time buyer. If you have time to respond I would really appreciate it. Thanks
I'm glad you are enjoying the thread , thanks for following it. As for buying a used semi, it's not that I don't want to help you, but I think that it would be best awnsered by people that have much more experience than I do. Right off the top of my head I am willing to bet "Gman" would be a good source.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:52 AM

hey man......how about an update.....shesh its been over a month, and i know for a fact you aint been that busy