Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
Quote:
dropped down to 180ish in like 2 months
Good job...

Quote:
Then I began takin in atleast my body weight in protein on a daily basis
Holy guacamole.... :shock:

Yes sir! You may think its a lot.... but on any weight training muscle building program, its recommended!!! ATLEAST your body weight in protein DAILY!!! This will pump the metabolism, build/feed muscle mass, and the 1+ gallons of water a day makes it all level out!!! Trust me, I could show you close to $1000 worth of empty Pro-NOS, protein/Nos shake containers I went through...... and it WORKED!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
LOL I knew I would hear about the immunizations, although I fail to see what supposedly innoculating against current known diseases (which doesn't work either, since most of the recent (20 years) breakouts have been in totally vaccinnated populations) has to do with foreigners bringing disease in, which with a strong enough immune system are fought off anyhow.

I will leave my ideas on autism alone, but suffice it to say that I don't believe its any "accident" how many children are getting diagnosed with it or other things on the "spectrum" its now on.

GH, I do agree that we need to focus on God made things, not man made, and trust the purest, non-tampered form of things.

Inmate, not sure if the idea of "letting" my child engage in dangerous activity was aimed at me, but I fail to see what eating a little bit of dirt in one's toddlerhood has to do with being set on fire, or stale pond water for that matter. Nor do I, or intend to purposely let my children engage in things that are truly dangerous. I guess the difference in opinion lies in what is and isn't dangerous. If you truly believe that dirt is dangerous, then you might have a problem living very fully, as its everywhere, not just the ground, and do you really believe that we play and work in it without ever consuming any of it in any manner?

Reminds me of people who get all uptight and grossed out by people eating insects (not saying I do so no bashing there), when you consume at least 8 spiders a year in your sleep

Let me ask you this....
Letting your kid eat a "little dirt" maybe ok. But do you know if some animal crapped in that dirt? Do you know if that soil contains toxins or pesticides.
How sure are you that what your kid is doing is harmless????? I'm not sure what kind of backward lifestyle people grewup with , but personally I dont remember ever eating dirt. I played in it, made mud pies with it, threw it at other kids, but I guess it never dawned on me to eat the stuff.

Like I said, would you let your kid drink from a stagnant pond? I mean if you are going to let the rugrat eat dirt, what is the problem with drinking some untreated water????
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I played in it, made mud pies with it, threw it at other kids, but I guess it never dawned on me to eat the stuff.
Brings to mind the time when I hit by brother in the face with a cowpie...

It was fresh/wet underneath the sun-baked top crust...

He was yelling at me at the time...

So his mouth was open...

And I hit him right in the face... :shock: :shock: :shock:

He probably would have rather eaten dirt.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Skywalker: I HOPE you didn't think I was "busting" on your original post. It just got me to thinking about the state of affairs our society is in. I think we agree on most of this. And, diabetes IS a killer.... and it was good that you reminded us all to watch our diets.

About that study your wife read, though..... I can't help but wonder about the elephant in the room!? What I mean is.....

The study found that the upswing in diabetes was NOT linked to regular sodas with sugar, and the implication was that it possibly WAS linked to the diet sodas. Maybe.... maybe not.

Although a very few people prefer the taste of the 'diets' most of them are consumed by WHO?? OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE who think it gives them permission to keep eating like pigs.... as long as they cut out the sugared sodas! :shock:

So does it surprise you that there is an upswing in diabetes in overweight people with bad diets..... who drink diet sodas as pennance?

I don't know the particulars of the study, but I'll bet the majority of those contracting diabetes had an eating problem, as evidenced by their concern to leave sugar out of their sodas. (The elephant in the room.)

Just a thought! :wink:
GH.... Not a problem!! I appreciate your thoughts. And I tend to agree with much of what you said. 8)

Actually, the study was one where they found that it made no difference if someone drank diet sodas or regular sodas, and the studied group was a fair cross section of society. It didn't point out that it dealt primarily with obese or morbidly obese persons.

And in fairness, without knowing far more about the participants.... lifestyles, weight, etc.... its hard to really know. So yes, its quite possible there is an elephant in the room....all thats missing is the aroma of peanuts... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Board Regular

if water tasted like Mountain Dew, I would drink more of it.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Board Icon

Let's see now..... STEAK is pretty much pure protein (if cooked well.)

The Big Texan in Amarillo will GIVE you a 72 oz. steak for free IF you can eat it (and all the trimmings) in one hour.

That's 4.5 lbs of steak/protein in one hour.

I weigh about 180 (soaking wet!) divided by 4.5 = 40 of their steaks.... in 24 hours!

If you can do THAT, Unkut...... I'LL buy them!!

Otherwise...... I call B.S!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Let's look at it another way..... a BIG plastic jar of pure protein is about 32 oz's (I think.) That's 2 lbs per jug. You're telling me that you can down 90 of them in ONE DAY??? :shock:

Am I missing something here?? Or is your math worse than your logging skills?? :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, most diets suggest something LESS than 16 oz's (one pound) of PROTEIN per day! [more like 8 oz's I believe.]

If you're consuming anything CLOSE to MY body weight in protein per day, you should be buffed like those guys on SNL!!! What did they call themselves???

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
If you're consuming anything CLOSE to MY body weight in protein per day, you should be buffed like those guys on SNL!!! What did they call themselves???
Hans and Frans.

They want to pump...you up. :lol:

Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
Hans and Frans.

They want to pump...you up. :lol:
If you down that much protein you will be sitting on the porcelin throne.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
No doctor has been allowed to inject liquid poison in them 12 (or is it more than that now) times before they even learn to walk either, but those things are quite another subject.
First of all, immunizations and antibiotics are two seperate things. I agree that antibiotics are over-used and will eventually lead to some super-germs that are going to kill a whole lotta people. But immunizations are completely different.

While I quite agree with your position on kids getting outside and playing instead of sitting their cans in front of a TV or game system, I am very much in disagreement with your stance on immunizations. You claim it's for their "health", but what happens when your children turn out to be a carrier and come into contact with someone with a compromised immune system, who ends up catching it from your unimunized child and dying?

Frankly, I never understood the stance on not immunizing your children. The potential side-effects of immunizations are infintismally (sp?) small...much smaller than letting them take a chance with diseases that could cripple or kill them. Additionally, you end up doing a disservice to those around them, not to mention your children when they grow older and realize they aren't immunized against diseases that killed countless millions in the past. Immunizations are as much for the general population as they are for the person that gets it.

Look at diseases like polio and small pox. Developing a cure and a vaccine against horrible diseases like this has saved countless lives. So how can you equate a vaccination to "injecting liquid poison into them"? Mark my words, too. As more and more people move away from immunizations, the next epidemic of a killer disease will go a long way to lowering world population and property values.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get my annual flu shot.
I totally agree that kids need to be immunized. They need it to get into school. My family had to make a trip overseas this year. You can bet that they went to the doctor before we left and made sure they were up to date on all their shots. NOT all places in the world are as "modern" as we are here. I was not about to take the kids to the Philippines without their shots.

But the antibiotics I hold off on unless they really need them.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
But the antibiotics I hold off on unless they really need them.
Bingo. 8) That's where you exercise restraint. But not getting kids vaccinated is just short of neglect...in a lot of people's books.