User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeiatch
Diabetes is not the only thing that is bad from all the sugar, If you don't brush and floss your teeth after you eat all that sugar your teeth will literally start rotting from all the sugar in your mouth.

I have hauled loads to Coca Cola and one on the ingredients in soft drinks is phosphoric and citric acid.

That stuff is so potent the trailer is a placarded Haz-Mat load.

Now there's some food for thought.

I'd have to get some conformation on that, haha! I worked for Coca-Cola almost 6 years as a driver, hauled EVERYTHING they sell/distribute, and never seen 1 HAZMAT load in or out!!! Only HAZMAT vehicle anywhere near a Coke facility was the CO2 trucks that refilled the Carbon Dioxide chambers.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Diabetes is not the only thing that is bad from all the sugar, If you don't brush and floss your teeth after you eat all that sugar your teeth will literally start rotting from all the sugar in your mouth.

I have hauled loads to Coca Cola and one on the ingredients in soft drinks is phosphoric and citric acid.

Yes 9,000 gallons of that stuff would be potent but the very little that is in soft drinks is not.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:

I'd have to get some conformation on that, haha! I worked for Coca-Cola almost 6 years as a driver, hauled EVERYTHING they sell/distribute, and never seen 1 HAZMAT load in or out!!! Only HAZMAT vehicle anywhere near a Coke facility was the CO2 trucks that refilled the Carbon Dioxide chambers.
I hauled a load out of Coca-Cola going to one of those McDonald's distributors and it was Haz-Mat also. It was these big stainless steel tanks that were about I'd say 200 gallons a piece. I was shocked when they handed me placards to put on the trailer.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:
Quote:

I hauled a load out of Coca-Cola going to one of those McDonald's distributors and it was Haz-Mat also. It was these big stainless steel tanks that were about I'd say 200 gallons a piece. I was shocked when they handed me placards to put on the trailer.
Those are BIG CO2 cans. Not coke in them. McD's gets BIBS(bag in a box) from coke and hook them up to the cans. I use to work for a Wendy's distributor and we delivered the BIBS to Wendy's, Coke delivered them to us.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:
Quote:

Those are BIG CO2 cans. Not coke in them. McD's gets BIBS(bag in a box) from coke and hook them up to the cans. I use to work for a Wendy's distributor and we delivered the BIBS to Wendy's, Coke delivered them to us.

Correct! Those would be pregassed CO2 tanks. Which would require placards. However its very rare for these to be shipped from a Coca Cola facility. Usually these come from the third party or warehouse direct.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member

I find myself reaching for the water and ordering ice water instead of soda lately....I've lost 10lbs and didnt even try....just cut out the soft drinks......now if I can just break the twizzler habit.....

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
I find myself reaching for the water and ordering ice water instead of soda lately....I've lost 10lbs and didnt even try....just cut out the soft drinks......now if I can just break the twizzler habit.....

tootie
Its true, soda DOES add a ton of weight, haha! Hell, when I started my fitness plan, I betcha I downed a 6-12 pack a day..... and weighed 220ish. I cut soda, candy, and fast food.... dropped down to 180ish in like 2 months!!!!! Then I began takin in atleast my body weight in protein on a daily basis, implemented a workout program with my olympic weight set and treadmill, and ate A LOT of vege's/chicken breast, fish, ect. Eventually I was benching 295, got my weight to 215.... ALOT more muscle mass/definition, and I felt GREAT!!!! Slacked off a lot when I lost my job and couldn't afford the healthy habits..... but I'm getting back on track.. 8)
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
dropped down to 180ish in like 2 months
Good job...

Quote:
Then I began takin in atleast my body weight in protein on a daily basis
Holy guacamole.... :shock:
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Board Member

It's funny this thread popped up now, cause I'm getting started on the South Beach diet soon. I need to get some of the foods that it calls for. I've already started somewhat you could say. I just finished the book yesterday, looks pretty sensible to me.Basically, lay off the white breads, other bad carbs, and sugars. The hardest part.........................no beer :shock: which isn't a problem now that it's cool, when it's hot is when it's tough to beat the temptation. I'd like to drop 40 lbs, we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, many of the ingredients that go into "sodas"....in its condensed raw form...must be transported with placards. Been there, done that. I pulled a van load out of CA over to KS...the trailer was placarded both Flammable and Corrosive. In this particular case the load went to a Fanta Drink plant. Once the products are diluted...and canned or bottled they are no longer concentrated enough to rate placards. :shock:

I'm 57, and as a kid we played in dirt lots, got dirty, had "dirt clod" fights, played sand lot sports, got scrapes, cuts, broken bones, and all the rest. We didn't park on our butts in front of the TV or a video game. We were outside whenever we could get away with it...otherwise you ended up doing "chores" :x

I see small kids now who are well on their way to being sumo wrestlers. Fat little buggers...and their parents haven't the spine to say no to the little buggers. I do believe that there are chemicals being added to foods nowadays that never were before. My Grandfather lived to be 97, my Grandmother 83. I never had to worry about my weight....until much later. When I joined the Army in 67' I weighed 155 lbs.... dropped to 145 in Vietnam...but got it all back and then some after I got home finally.

But, like some of you...I was drinking a 6 pack or more of soda a day... and I was gaining weight. I quit drinking the regular sodas, and lost the weight....but have since cut out regular sodas almost completely.... I have noticed a difference in how I feel.

GH... I know what you mean about the studies.... and many are probably government funded indirectly if not directly....and one year or three they say that this or that will kill you, then the next study reverses it.... for instance all the studies on "eggs".

I think however, that in many ways...regarding what is or is not healthy, the truth may never be known....because as a paper regarding Agents Orange, Blue and White said...."inert ingredients" in products do not have to be disclosed...and are covered under patent laws as secret. So, I have a tendency to think that many chemicals introduced to the food chain are effectively hidden as "trade secrets"... :shock:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.