User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Let's see now..... STEAK is pretty much pure protein (if cooked well.)

The Big Texan in Amarillo will GIVE you a 72 oz. steak for free IF you can eat it (and all the trimmings) in one hour.

That's 4.5 lbs of steak/protein in one hour.

I weigh about 180 (soaking wet!) divided by 4.5 = 40 of their steaks.... in 24 hours!

If you can do THAT, Unkut...... I'LL buy them!!

Otherwise...... I call B.S!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Let's look at it another way..... a BIG plastic jar of pure protein is about 32 oz's (I think.) That's 2 lbs per jug. You're telling me that you can down 90 of them in ONE DAY??? :shock:

Am I missing something here?? Or is your math worse than your logging skills?? :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, most diets suggest something LESS than 16 oz's (one pound) of PROTEIN per day! [more like 8 oz's I believe.]

If you're consuming anything CLOSE to MY body weight in protein per day, you should be buffed like those guys on SNL!!! What did they call themselves???
Trust me, when I was ignorant to fitness and the like, I thought just like you. But no, I don't eat a cow a day, haha! For instance, I'll eat a couple packs of instant oatmeal in the morning.... 7g's or so a bag. Then I'll eat chicken breast for lunch, maybe with some brocolli and a peanut butter granola bar..... taking in roughly 40g's of protein, give or take. Then dinner, once again trying to hit 30-50 g's. Now as I said I also took Pro-NOS protein shakes, which in themselves are 40g's for a 12oz shake.... I did one in the mid day, and the other after I hit the weights! It was actually fairly easy to hit 200-240 g's a day believe it or not. And NO, steak is NOT a good diet/muscle building source, haha! Althought it does contain protein, the bads outweigh the good... 8) See, you not eating pound per pound in protein, HAHAHA, otherwise your kidneys/liver would fail and you'd die rather FAST!!! You match your bodyweight per pound in GRAMS of protein!!! So a 200 pound man would take in 200 GRAMS, hahaha!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I agree with you, Inmate.... especially about the "immigration" of diseases that we are not used to. I'm not advocating NOT immunizing our children. I'm just against coddling them, and overprotecting them from every last germ on Earth.

I personally think barsoap is effective enough, and my only statement about antibacterials was that "comparison shopping" of multiple brand names is a bit of overkill.

However, there is no doubt that certain diseases (like MRSA) have "evolved" into resistant strains mostly due to the overuse of antibiotics in our society.

I never cared much for the taste of mudpies, but I've played in dirt and mud plenty. I don't use my elbow to dispense paper towels, nor my knuckle to use a fuel card reader. :roll:

As for setting your child on fire..... Hmmm.... never thought of THAT one! :lol: But, when my child was very young, she seemed INTENT on reaching for a pot of boiling water on the stove. So... (and some of you won't like this...) I once held her tiny hand to the outside of the pot - for JUST a second or so - so that she would get the idea! She never reached for it again.

As usual, this thread has morphed a bit, but my original point was.... if the GOVERNMENT (or the pharmaceutical industry) tells me something manmade is gonna be BETTER for me than something GOD made (or is found naturally in the environment,) I hide my wallet and change the channel! :wink:

Here's one of the latest ones that bothers me: The commercial says, "Chances of a babysitter calling 911, one in 14,000..... chances of your child being diagnosed with autism, one in 150!! " :shock:

I call B.S!!! There are NOT 1 in every 150 children out there who are autistic! Sounds like a bit of OVERDIAGNOSIS going on! Somewhat akin to that of ADHD!! :roll:
My grandson has Autism and we are convinced it came from his immunization at 18months.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 PM

Back to soda,,,,,if you have corroded battery terminals pour some Pepsi on them, all the corrosion will be melted away and in a few seconds they will be spotless clean!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer
Back to soda,,,,,if you have corroded battery terminals pour some Pepsi on them, all the corrosion will be melted away and in a few seconds they will be spotless clean!
Try snopes.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yep...ought to tell you what it's doing to your stomach, too. :shock:

Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I'll take my Monster Java's and Mountain Dews... I love that stuff... but I'm paying for it with my dentist visits... :?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Yep...ought to tell you what it's doing to your stomach, too. :shock:
Absolutly nothing. The page won't let me copy and paste that part. But it is in the article. Just follow the link.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

If soda is bad, does that make blue kool aid okay? :lol:
Love the stuff!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Board Regular

ive been cutting way back on my soda consumption the past several weeks and been drinking alot more propel fitness water and lipton diet green tea with citrus. i prefer the diet green tea to the regular because of the taste. ive noticed when i drink alot of the water and green tea i tend to have to make 1 or 2 more pit stops a day but thats alright i think cause im drinking stuff thats better for me
Old 11-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Rookie
Default energy drinks

I'm not one to plug products on forums but since I've been taking Vemma, I don't feel so bogged down so much and now they just came out with a new energy drink called Verve. It's got the same stuff as the vemma just in an energy drink form. It has helped me a lot! I find I can drive longer with less breaks for fatigue, and also don't need to take that NoDoz anymore, which is good because I know all that caffeine isn't doing me any good.

Sorry, I sell cans to other drivers so they can try it out when I'm over the road, to get a little extra $$$ because my company just isn't paying me enough to be away from my family as long as I am. I really like to go local, but can't afford the 1 1/2 hour commute to Dallas/ FT Worth area everyday with gas going up! So hopefully sometime in the future telling enough people about Verve or Vemma I can actually go to my kids birthday party without having to go to bed early for the next days load or get stuck on a layover somewhere. So I try to make the best of a bad situation by telling drivers at truck stops I end up at about my
"side business" But if you want to check it out you can go to my website at www.myverve.com/loganwandell feel free to check it out, don't feel impressed to make a purchase, I just wanted to let you know there was actually a "legitimate" energy drink out there that is actually healthy to drink and isn't full of sugar and caffine.

Also, here's a site that explains the benefits of the nutrients found in Vemma and Verve. and don't worry, it's strictly a non-business page, it's actually a testimonial page of how the nutrient has helped them. It can be found at www.vemmavemma.com

Again, sorry to sound like a commercial. Just trying to get the word out to help my fellow drivers to stop buying Red Bull Monster or whatever else kind of drink we all tend to purchase in a pinch. Hey, an energy drink that's actually good for you... go figure.[/img]