User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Do you have any direct quotes (not a news "contributor's" supposition) of a democrat wishing for a loss in Iraq?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
You know Colin, I personally don't have to form my opinions from MSM, television news reports and/or blogs.........I get my opinions from the actions I see just about every day..............YES, the DEMOCRATS want us to lose in Iraq, as a matter of fact, they would willingly submit to"Islamic Terrorism" if it meant they could reacquire power...............ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS..............and if you were intellectually honest you might see it yourself................Hell, most of them don't even feel we are in a war.

BTW......as you know, I am no fan of GWB....if it weren't for the War on Western Civilization and the Taxcuts........there is no reason for him to be in office, no one single reason.
Okay. As long as you've never actually hear the words come from their mouths.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Ardmore Farms Forever BTW......as you know, I am no fan of GWB....if it weren't for the War on Western Civilization and the Taxcuts........there is no reason for him to be in office, no one single reason.[/quote]

Two overwhelming reasons we are better off with GWB than Gore or Kerry.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Ardmore Farms Forever BTW......as you know, I am no fan of GWB....if it weren't for the War on Western Civilization and the Taxcuts........there is no reason for him to be in office, no one single reason.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Are you referring to the attacks on 9/11? Since you cannot be 100% certain how either person would have reacted (yes, President Bush also REACTED to 9/11) after 9/11, that's just another strawman talking point.

As for taxes being cut, as long as we have a few extra dollars now, we can pass that onto the upcoming generations, right? Tax cuts do not pay for themselves. Budget cuts are required to pay for them. Remember back a few years ago when the budget was actually balanced and Republicans were actually conservative with our money? Those days are long gone. I'm not saying Gore or Kerry would not have raised taxes, but simple economics tells me that you don't lower taxes in a time of war. That is for certain.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote=Colin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ardmore Farms Forever BTW......as you know, I am no fan of GWB....if it weren't for the War on Western Civilization and the Taxcuts........there is no reason for him to be in office, no one single reason.[/quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Are you referring to the attacks on 9/11? Since you cannot be 100% certain how either person would have reacted (yes, President Bush also REACTED to 9/11) after 9/11, that's just another strawman talking point.

As for taxes being cut, as long as we have a few extra dollars now, we can pass that onto the upcoming generations, right? Tax cuts do not pay for themselves. Budget cuts are required to pay for them. Remember back a few years ago when the budget was actually balanced and Republicans were actually conservative with our money? Those days are long gone. I'm not saying Gore or Kerry would not have raised taxes, but simple economics tells me that you don't lower taxes in a time of war. That is for certain.
While no one can be sure how gore or kerry would have reacted about 9/11 we certainly see how GWB reacted, we saw how clinton reacted to terrorism during his administration and we have heard the words of gore and kerry since. I think we would be much worse off had gore and/or kerry won. As far as tax cuts, they have worked every time they have been tried. Your right about spending, I won't defend anyone for spending. The budget has gotten away from us again. Some democrats are running on a platform of raising taxes. I damn sure won't vote for one of them. Actually, I have already voted, and I did not vote for a single democrat.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
well We PERSONALLY Encountered 2 IED's with 1). Sarin Gas 2). Mustard Gas which was documented. And If you check with George Sada(Iraqi Air Force General under Hussein-MANY MANY Chemical weapons were flown out of Iraq to Syria and Iran on Retro-fitted Passenger planes which will come back and bite us in the Butt.
So.... if our MAIN purpose for invading Iraq was to locate and secure the WMD's so that they couldn't fall into the hands of the Boogieman that would surely attack us again on OUR soil...

And, according to you and your friend George, (both of them) we KNOW that these weapons were smuggled out to Syria and Iran BEFORE we even got there....

Then, please refresh my memory as to WHY we didn't go after them in Syria and Iran??

Could it BE that we were really there ONLY for a regime change against the man who HE thinks spit on his DAD?

Or for imperialistic ambitions to spread Democracy to the Muslim sinners in the world?

Or to hopefully establish long term AMERICAN military bases in a position to monitor and control the emerging nuclear powers in the the area?

Or to secure OIL resources against an ever increasing instability amongst the oil producing countries?

Or any of many other reasons that have been suggested based on the amount of money certain "friendly" companies have made from No-bid contracts for the reconstruction of a country WE tore up? The necessary expenditure of Millions of dollars worth of ordinance so that they can be replaced?

Or perhaps something as sinister as a guaranteed plan for "re-election" of a so-called WARTIME President that knew he only got the job by theivery and legal manipulation and could hold the position ONLY through fear mongering?

No.... it HAD to be for the WMD! But, since there WERE none, what we have is nearly 3,000 dead soldiers, hundreds of thousands of dead Arab civilians, and more pissed off militants than we will EVER be able to vanquish!

So.... maybe, it was just a mistake. One that Bush should apologize for. But, just like (or unlike) Kerry.... HE refuses to make a simple apology to the American people, and would rather let American soldiers continue to DIE, than to rectify the situation.

I WISH I could believe he was JUST that cheap. But, I'm quite sure I understand that his motives are much darker.
You need a new tinfoil hat. The one you are currently using is obviously too tight!!!

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Board Icon

Typical response from a Republican who has no defense against the facts. EVERY "possibility" I offered has a basis in FACT. But then, YOU wouldn't know anything about FACTS, would you?

Keep drinking the Koolaid!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
well We PERSONALLY Encountered 2 IED's with 1). Sarin Gas 2). Mustard Gas which was documented. And If you check with George Sada(Iraqi Air Force General under Hussein-MANY MANY Chemical weapons were flown out of Iraq to Syria and Iran on Retro-fitted Passenger planes which will come back and bite us in the Butt.
So.... if our MAIN purpose for invading Iraq was to locate and secure the WMD's so that they couldn't fall into the hands of the Boogieman that would surely attack us again on OUR soil...

And, according to you and your friend George, (both of them) we KNOW that these weapons were smuggled out to Syria and Iran BEFORE we even got there....

Then, please refresh my memory as to WHY we didn't go after them in Syria and Iran??

Could it BE that we were really there ONLY for a regime change against the man who HE thinks spit on his DAD?

Or for imperialistic ambitions to spread Democracy to the Muslim sinners in the world?

Or to hopefully establish long term AMERICAN military bases in a position to monitor and control the emerging nuclear powers in the the area?

Or to secure OIL resources against an ever increasing instability amongst the oil producing countries?

Or any of many other reasons that have been suggested based on the amount of money certain "friendly" companies have made from No-bid contracts for the reconstruction of a country WE tore up? The necessary expenditure of Millions of dollars worth of ordinance so that they can be replaced?

Or perhaps something as sinister as a guaranteed plan for "re-election" of a so-called WARTIME President that knew he only got the job by theivery and legal manipulation and could hold the position ONLY through fear mongering?

No.... it HAD to be for the WMD! But, since there WERE none, what we have is nearly 3,000 dead soldiers, hundreds of thousands of dead Arab civilians, and more pissed off militants than we will EVER be able to vanquish!

So.... maybe, it was just a mistake. One that Bush should apologize for. But, just like (or unlike) Kerry.... HE refuses to make a simple apology to the American people, and would rather let American soldiers continue to DIE, than to rectify the situation.

I WISH I could believe he was JUST that cheap. But, I'm quite sure I understand that his motives are much darker.
You need a new tinfoil hat. The one you are currently using is obviously too tight!!!

And for an encore MR.Bush will poke a hornets nest with a stick ...Of course he will have an assistant from the U.S. military do it . When asked why he would poke a hornets nest with stick his reply "A HORNET ONCE TRIED TO STING MA DADDY "
Old 11-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Board Member

FACTS ? Did you get your facts from john kerry or howard dean ? You must be smoking from the same bowl they are . because you must be high!!! or just stupid
Old 11-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Senior Board Member

I know why these types of posts are moved, locked or removed entirely, because we as people cannot debate politics or religion without it turning into a name-calling slugfest.

I am a very conservative thinker and I have voted straight Republican many times, but I also believe in a 2 party system to help keep things in check.

What absolutely amazes me is how quickly we go from a unified patriotic thinking nation right back to our divided, unable to agree on anything selves. We knew that the war on Iraq was not going to be an easy battle. We were informed by the President, many generals, and several people in Congress that this war could take years and that the peacekeeping and establishment of the government would be the toughest battle in the war. We knew all of this and the vast majority of our government and nation as a whole were all for going into Iraq. Yet, when we don't have things cleaned up in a week, our patienceless society flies off the handle.

John Kerry is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's proven that many times. My belief is that he read the words exactly off the card as they were written and then once scrutinized, he said "oh, that's not what I meant to say...". Who cares?! Personally, I knew you were an idiot a long time ago. The Republicans are taking his direct quote and running with it and believe it or not, it will help their cause. The Democrats would have done the same exact thing. Obviously, he's not nearly as smart (and neither are his speechwriters) as he thinks he is. As for the Bill Maher statement, I wasn't surprised to hear that either. When you get two idiots like that together you are bound to come up with some fodder for the Republican cause.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan
I know why these types of posts are moved, locked or removed entirely, because we as people cannot debate politics or religion without it turning into a name-calling slugfest.
Now that is hilarious, I don't care who you are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here you are, calling for this thread to be locked, removed entirely and/or moved.............rather than leaving it at that, NO...............you have to go on with some off-the-wall dissertation about something...........sort of "do as I say, not as I do", if one were to ask me. :lol: I have never quite understood people like you, if you have a problem with the topic, thread or subject....WHY not just click your mouse and go on to a subject you feel comfortable with?

Please don't think I'm singling you out, I'm not, it happens all the time.......on all types of boards, not just CAD...............as far as "name-calling", I haven't read the entire thread to give an opinion either way.