User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
belpre122 thanks for the welcome, I'm highly surprised that truckers have not gone on a nationwide strike, not only for working conditions but for the outrageous price of fuel which is nothing short of Dick Cheney fraud.

The way things are going drivers will simply be treated worse with the economy shrinking, this is also due to Cheney and his energy task force formulated with the fraudulent Key Lay of Enron who was in fact convicted of Federal crimes. Lay conveniently had a massive heart attack right before he was to be sentenced.

I guess with no national union for all drivers and guys willing to work for nothing this is the sort of treatment you get, too bad the Teamsters don't have the power they once had, this is the core root of the problem in this industry.

Together truckers have a lot of power, they could shut down everything in short order if they would fight for what is right, but there is no real pressure being put on to force change in the business. Deregulation was designed to bust the unions and the large carriers that employed union drivers, and it is still working to this day.

Maybe the next thing is all Mexicans in the cab like the construction industry, they have completely sold out the American worker and it is our fault that we allowed this to happen also.
I have to say I disagree. Years ago I think unions had a place in America. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!

The only thing a union does today is protect the lazy man and drive costs up. If you don't believe me try to get loaded or unloaded at a union plant and tell me how much longer it took you as compared to a non-union plant.
I remember many years ago I was delivering at the John Deere plant in Ankeny, IA. I had parts for about 10 different areas in the factory. So what I had to do was get in line and wait to get maybe just 1 piece taken off the trailer. Then go get in another line to wait again. The biggest pain the the ***** was when someone elses parts were in the way when someone else tried to unload their parts. If something had to be lifted to get to something underneath you would have to find out what part of the factory handle the part that needed moved then wait in line again. Then the best of all.......I had one more lift to get off my trailer and I was empty. The crane operator literally had it lifted in the air and about 2 feet off the deck when guess what? Yep, quittin time. He sat the lift right back down on the trailer and went home. Now I had to wait for another shift to come in, let them talk about their personal live with each other, crawl his lazy ***** up into the crane and finally let me get out of there.

It's siutations like this that have killed the American Economy, and it's going on all over the country, in every union shop.

ABOLISH ALL UNIONS AND AMERICA WILL TURN AROUND
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort View Post
And how long have you worked for Knight to verify that you will be fired?

Sure the company understands idle time will vary during winter ans summer months. Regardless of what you say they do want you to be comfortable. It's people like you that don't even try going to the extra effort to make a difference.

Even on the hottest days in the summer I can usually find a shade tree to park under to keep the cab temperature down. As long as you communicate there is NEVER a problem.

Parking a big rig under the shade of trees...oh yeah that something that most every truck parking area offers ...lol
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM

Study the history of unions in this country, before unions there were monopolies that treated workers just like slaves, that is what we are returning to today.

Truck drivers are the tip of the arrow, if they all work for minimum wage or to break even while paying oil companies like Exxon who in concert with Cheney ruined GM, Ford, Chrysler and the entire world economy by rigging oil markets, sitting back and taking this ****, then drivers are responsible for their own crisis.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...smash_own.html

It is time for drivers to stand up and go out on a prolonged strike, may as well do it right now, there is no money being made anyway.

Last edited by avc; 02-18-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
An APU is junk ?...Folks keep in mind Dollarshort is not known as a truthfull poster regarding his "experiences" in trucking most note worthy his mileage/earnings with...KNIGHT...and has been the subject of scrutiny here before for inflating his mileage /earnings wih Knight to numbers that had much of the board calling his bluff ...
Heh heh.....Here is a great thread for the curious to read over. Feel free to giggle at the examples below. Happy reading! Dollarshort, you are a real card man! Get well soon.

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/t...tml#post313058

07-18-2008, 07:06 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

I dont know what you are talking about?
Since July 1st I have run 10,000+ miles and will easily hit the 15-16,000 mark for the month. Been running the wheels off my truck. So if we have lost some business since the beginning of the year I am glad because I can't handle any more work.

08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Re: I dont know what you are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
Since July 1st I have run 10,000+ miles and will easily hit the 15-16,000 mark for the month. Been running the wheels off my truck. So if we have lost some business since the beginning of the year I am glad because I can't handle any more work.

Update: For the month of July I ran a total of 16,466 miles.

I have to say for a solo driver this is about the maximum anyone can run in a month legally.I was lucky and it was a perfect month. Mostly all drop and hook, and when I did hit a dock it was no more than 15-20 minutes to load or unload.

I had everything from 2,300 mile runs to doing a few local 50 milers. Biggest thing was I was always pre-planned and never sat waiting for a load.

I will also say it's time to relax a bit for the month of August. "I'm tired"

You can do a schedule like this for one month but not month after month.
08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Quote:

How did you average 4,116 miles per week over 4 weeks in a governed company truck? :roll:

This is exactly why we need EOBR's. This guy's gonna kill someone.

Perhaps you missed the all important word in my post...."LEGALLY"

I did not run illegal in any part of the entire month. Being in a governed company truck has nothing to do with it.

I have guys in non-governed trucks pass me a 1/2 dozen times a day. It all has to do with keeping the left door shut and keeping moving.

If you want proof, I would gladly let you see my log book for the month.

And by the way, you might as well say I have an EOBR because Knight will not put up with running illegal.

Any time you break the 11 or 14 hour rule it automatically send a message to safety and they will shut you down.

I am not out here to put myself or anyone else in danger. I am out here to make money.

I knew I couldn't post without some *****hole calling me either a liar or an outlaw.
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Ok Mr. know-it-all
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
Dollarshort will live up to his name after the regional safety guy gets done with his ass and the PA terminal :wink:
What a dumb ass! He is probley one of those guys that would brag about going around a scale on the CB with another driver while they were doing it with DOT listening :P
Knight has its good points and its bad points just like any other company out here. Every company has its problems but the problem with Knight is not only doesnt your FM not give a $&!+ about you, your terminal manager doesnt give a $&!+ about you and also the Knights themselves dont give a $&!+ about you :wink: Thats right it goes all the way to the top!

You are an *****! It just so happens I was a safety director for Knight, so I happen to know how the system works. Instead of sitting around *****ing all the time get off you ***** and do some work.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:27 PM

If unions did not set some sort of wage standard in this business, you would all be working for AAA Cooper for nothing, that is what it is coming down to also.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Parking a big rig under the shade of trees...oh yeah that something that most every truck parking area offers ...lol
I said I do it whenever possible. If you happen to run out west like I do alot you will find alot of areas with shade trees to park. I'm not talking about finding a shade tree on the Jersey turnpike you idiot!

Boy, whoever you are employed by must bow down and kiss your feet everyday just to have you show up for work. You are always such a breath of fresh air. You are the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the trucking industry today. Instead of trying to find a better way to do it, you would rather set back and be a pessimistic *****.

Have a nice day!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Heh heh.....Here is a great thread for the curious to read over. Feel free to giggle at the examples below. Happy reading! Dollarshort, you are a real card man! Get well soon.

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/t...tml#post313058

07-18-2008, 07:06 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

I dont know what you are talking about?

08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I have to say for a solo driver this is about the maximum anyone can run in a month legally.I was lucky and it was a perfect month. Mostly all drop and hook, and when I did hit a dock it was no more than 15-20 minutes to load or unload.

I had everything from 2,300 mile runs to doing a few local 50 milers. Biggest thing was I was always pre-planned and never sat waiting for a load.

I will also say it's time to relax a bit for the month of August. "I'm tired"

You can do a schedule like this for one month but not month after month.
08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Quote:

How did you average 4,116 miles per week over 4 weeks in a governed company truck? :roll:

This is exactly why we need EOBR's. This guy's gonna kill someone.

Perhaps you missed the all important word in my post...."LEGALLY"

I did not run illegal in any part of the entire month. Being in a governed company truck has nothing to do with it.

I have guys in non-governed trucks pass me a 1/2 dozen times a day. It all has to do with keeping the left door shut and keeping moving.

If you want proof, I would gladly let you see my log book for the month.

And by the way, you might as well say I have an EOBR because Knight will not put up with running illegal.

Any time you break the 11 or 14 hour rule it automatically send a message to safety and they will shut you down.

I am not out here to put myself or anyone else in danger. I am out here to make money.

I knew I couldn't post without some *****hole calling me either a liar or an outlaw.
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
dollarshort
Senior Board Member

Ok Mr. know-it-all
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
Dollarshort will live up to his name after the regional safety guy gets done with his ass and the PA terminal :wink:
What a dumb ass! He is probley one of those guys that would brag about going around a scale on the CB with another driver while they were doing it with DOT listening :P
Knight has its good points and its bad points just like any other company out here. Every company has its problems but the problem with Knight is not only doesnt your FM not give a $&!+ about you, your terminal manager doesnt give a $&!+ about you and also the Knights themselves dont give a $&!+ about you :wink: Thats right it goes all the way to the top!

You are an *****! It just so happens I was a safety director for Knight, so I happen to know how the system works. Instead of sitting around *****ing all the time get off you ***** and do some work.
Wow! I a glad to see you have so much time on your hands to devote just to me. Maybe it's just because you are still floored at the fact that a human being could turn those kinds of numbers. I hope it's not keeping you up at night, but you do seem a little obsessed with trying to prove me a liar. I said it before and I'll say it again. I have NEVER lied to this site! I tell it like it is. If you don't like what you hear than ignore it, or turn off your computer because I am not shutting up about my accomplishments. I have been out here on the road long enough to know where I stand in reference to other drivers. I have also run across many people just like you. Luckily it's limited though, because I don't spend much time at all in truckstops.

I make an above average salary working for a good carrier that will reward you just by doing the job the way you are supposed to. Sure Knight may not be the perfect fit for everybody, but it is for me. In my 10 years OTR I have never made more $$$$, and worked easier than I do working for Knight.

So if your are happy in what you are doing, great. All I was trying to do was answer a question someone had about Knight, and your Mr. Happy attitude had to rear his ugly head. So I would appreciate if you would just "LET IT GO" forget about it.

My personal opinion that APU'S a junk is my personal opinion with experience I might add. For example....I had a truck with a Rig Master on it that never worked like it should. I ran a truck with a Carrier unit on it that was constantly being worked on in the shop. And I ran a truck that had a NITE system on it that hardly ever worked. So I would say 3 out of 3 and all were crap would leave me to think they were junk.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I said I do it whenever possible. If you happen to run out west like I do alot you will find alot of areas with shade trees to park. I'm not talking about finding a shade tree on the Jersey turnpike you idiot!

Boy, whoever you are employed by must bow down and kiss your feet everyday just to have you show up for work. You are always such a breath of fresh air. You are the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the trucking industry today. Instead of trying to find a better way to do it, you would rather set back and be a pessimistic *****.

Have a nice day!

Yeah , out "West" there are no more practical places to park a bobtail tractor under the shade of a tree than out East ...let alone a tractor/trailer ...infact the availability of shade from trees in truck parking areas is so rare/impractical that most drivers would not even mention it ,And it infact sounds like you lack knowlede of all lower 48 states since you are more likey to find tree shade out East than West ...And as far as finding a better way to do "it" ...a better way starts with companies like Knigt ordering the trucks from factory with an APU , And not with me the driver sitting in a 100degree cab sweating hoping that 12v plug in fan will do soething besides blow hot air around . If the smaller 100-300 truck companies can afford to order new trucks every 3-4 years and get them factory equipped with a TRIPAK ... then so can Knight afford these APU when ordering their trucks .
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Wow! I a glad to see you have so much time on your hands to devote just to me. Maybe it's just because you are still floored at the fact that a human being could turn those kinds of numbers. I hope it's not keeping you up at night, but you do seem a little obsessed with trying to prove me a liar. I said it before and I'll say it again. I have NEVER lied to this site! I tell it like it is. If you don't like what you hear than ignore it, or turn off your computer because I am not shutting up about my accomplishments. I have been out here on the road long enough to know where I stand in reference to other drivers. I have also run across many people just like you. Luckily it's limited though, because I don't spend much time at all in truckstops.

I make an above average salary working for a good carrier that will reward you just by doing the job the way you are supposed to. Sure Knight may not be the perfect fit for everybody, but it is for me. In my 10 years OTR I have never made more $$$$, and worked easier than I do working for Knight.

So if your are happy in what you are doing, great. All I was trying to do was answer a question someone had about Knight, and your Mr. Happy attitude had to rear his ugly head. So I would appreciate if you would just "LET IT GO" forget about it.

My personal opinion that APU'S a junk is my personal opinion with experience I might add. For example....I had a truck with a Rig Master on it that never worked like it should. I ran a truck with a Carrier unit on it that was constantly being worked on in the shop. And I ran a truck that had a NITE system on it that hardly ever worked. So I would say 3 out of 3 and all were crap would leave me to think they were junk.

How did you find time to eat all that food required to need gastric bypass surgery when you are allgedly driving 15,000-16,000 miles a month ...I would'nt think you had the time to spend at the buffet eating enough to get obese with that kind of running ...I also find it very hard to beleive that a person who lacks the discipline to cut back food intake and atleast get a few walks in a week to drop a few pounds ,as opposed to letting ones health go and needing sugical help to replace will power would have the will power to do anything you claim ...I'm not trying bash/insult you ,But the behavior that leads to gastric bypass is contrdictary to the beavior required for the things you claim to do at Knight .
Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Yeah , out "West" there are no more practical places to park a bobtail tractor under the shade of a tree than out East ...let alone a tractor/trailer ...infact the availability of shade from trees in truck parking areas is so rare/impractical that most drivers would not even mention it ,And it infact sounds like you lack knowlede of all lower 48 states since you are more likey to find tree shade out East than West ...And as far as finding a better way to do "it" ...a better way starts with companies like Knigt ordering the trucks from factory with an APU , And not with me the driver sitting in a 100degree cab sweating hoping that 12v plug in fan will do soething besides blow hot air around . If the smaller 100-300 truck companies can afford to order new trucks every 3-4 years and get them factory equipped with a TRIPAK ... then so can Knight afford these APU when ordering their trucks .
Apparently you are the one a bit unfamiliar with the lower 48. That's right you are a "Super Trucker" that NEVER gets off the BIG road. Try it you might like it. When I run out west I usually run the shortest route possible which usually puts me on the side roads. For me it's alot more peaceful than running in interstate, and you can run just as fast. And oh by the way you will find hundreds of places to pull of the road with not only shade trees but picknick tables fire pits etc. And because you are off the interstate where nobody else seems to go there is NEVER trouble finding a parking spot.

Let me give you an example: A load I do alot is from PA to Billings, MT. After passing Iowa I am hardly every again found on any interstate. I usually will take 85 north out of Belle Fourche, Sd to 212 west all the way to Montana. It's a few hundered miles of open running through Indian reservations. Beautiful scenery, cut off about 80 miles of route, and many, many, places to stop under a shade tree and have lunch at a picknick table.

If you are not too afraid of getting lost you should try it sometime. It's quite peaceful.

As far as Knight and APU's. They figured out a long time ago that not only are they a pain in the ***** but Knight doesn't keep a truck long enough for an APU to pay for itself. So why bother with the headaches.