User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerNess View Post
I'm ready to go to orientation, still apprehensive about detention time at docks. Seam's to be a good company. I've never done reefer, any help would be great, also about the company
TKS.
Sorry to hear that...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Rookie
Default Knight Idle time

I just got off the phone with a recruiter for the refrigerated division in Columbus, Oh. She said that they have the bunk heaters, but no apu's. I asked about the idle time, and she said that they are striving for 10%. I guess they take the drivers from that terminal and come up with an average. What I can't figure out is these big companies know what makes these trks. run and want low idle times, but they don't make the investment for an APU. Did they not figure fuel consumption due to idling into their budget.LOL
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds18rollin8 View Post
I just got off the phone with a recruiter for the refrigerated division in Columbus, Oh. She said that they have the bunk heaters, but no apu's. I asked about the idle time, and she said that they are striving for 10%. I guess they take the drivers from that terminal and come up with an average. What I can't figure out is these big companies know what makes these trks. run and want low idle times, but they don't make the investment for an APU. Did they not figure fuel consumption due to idling into their budget.LOL
When i was stopped at the Triple T on 301 about two weeks ago i stay there for about 12 hours parked next to a Knight Truck and swear his truck ran all day.. But maybe his bunk heater didn't work cause it was cold!!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM

I just got approved to go to work for Knight also. They want me to go to orientation on the 17th or sooner. Might go next week. I'm needing to get some money rolling. This working one day a week stuff as gotten old. My nice dedicated run has dried up on me. Now its time to go back OTR. Hopefully things will get better.