Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Gainey can't even offer their divers [/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Not all OTR companies suck as bad s GTS ...Yes many do , But not all .

WOW I worked for them back in '95, They used to take really good care of the drivers. Guess all the Money finally went to Havey's head. :roll:

The company im with now have them tripack thingies, but mine only works when it wants to I have tons of blankets now.

The truck I have also will shut down after 5 min of idle,. that part blows. it shut down on me in traffic a few weeks ago issedoff:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Gastric bypass does nothing to regulate the thyroid gland ...Gstric Bypass just simply makes your stomach smaller so you hold less food when feeding your face and you feel full off eating less ,Which means simply you lacked the basic self control to adhere to eating less food in your diet on your own ,So the Gastric bypass still boils down to being a last resort for an obese
person who over eats .
I should have known...you are a doctor too? You just are way too smart for the rest of us here. I don't even know why you waste your time one here since you are so above everyone else.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
I had girlfriend when I was in my late teens,early twenties who had a thyroid issue(in addition to other medical things as well) and it really f'd her up!!
She was a big woman that gained weight from diet food! She didn't eat very much at all was never able to lose her weight. She ended up passing away at 24 from Morbid Obesity and I almost didn't recognize her when I saw her at her viewing. It had been about 3 months since I had seen her and she had stove pipe legs and arms. Her body was forcing water to her extremities.

I still miss her

God bless you Tiffany

Hope you get better soon Dollar, good luck with it.
Thank you for your kind words. trying to regulate a thyroid is a major task. I'm sorry your friend Tiffany lost the battle. I am still at home recovering but I am starting to feel pretty good. I have the VNA come by the house everyday and they seem to have a handle on it. I am going back to the hospital tomorrow morning for cat scans and x-rays to see how I am doing. I am hoping they remove all the crap they have me hooked up to. I currently have 2 drains....1 out the left ribcage and 1 out the right ribcage plus I have a feeding tube running from my right bicep all the way over to my heart. Talk about being poked from all angles. It's quite unconfortable and no matter how you lay down it seems your pinching or pulling on one of them. The best sleep I get is from setting up in a chair. Kinda sucks being like this since Feb 5th. But I will keep my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey guys, I don't know how much of what Dollar posts is true or not but I'm siding with him on this one.
My last girlfriend had an over-active thyroid and had to have radiation to kill it. They then put her on synthroid to make up for the loss but she still gained 75lbs and not because of over-eating. Her metabolism was all screwed up.

Don't know about the gastric bypass stuff but everyone should stop getting after him about this overweight/thyroid claim. It is true.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Stop with the personal attacks. This thread is about Knight Transportation, not what prompts gastric bypass surgery.
Agreed! I am sorry I kinda Hijacked the thread but the god damned Big Jeep has a personal vendetta against me for some reason. No matter what I comment about he has a smart ass comment. I wish someone would wake up and ban this *****! Otherwise I will just choose not to comehere anymore. Who needs the aggravation?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Senior Board Member

that was my next comment. I thought this was about Knight and APU's? Hope your feeling better Dollar.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Hey guys, I don't know how much of what Dollar posts is true or not but I'm siding with him on this one.
My last girlfriend had an over-active thyroid and had to have radiation to kill it. They then put her on synthroid to make up for the loss but she still gained 75lbs and not because of over-eating. Her metabolism was all screwed up.

Don't know about the gastric bypass stuff but everyone should stop getting after him about this overweight/thyroid claim. It is true.
It sounds identical to me! I am currently on synthroid and I have taken the radiation pills. Seems I was heading down the same road your friend was. To anyone that is healthy god bless you. But unless you have been down the road I am going you have no idea how bad it can screw you up.

JonP, I thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately there aren't others out there like you. I am not asking for sympathy, I just hope and pray nobody else has to go through what I have the last 2 years.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort View Post
Agreed! I am sorry I kinda Hijacked the thread
Which you are continuing to do.

Quote:
but the god damned Big Jeep has a personal vendetta against me for some reason. No matter what I comment about he has a smart ass comment. I wish someone would wake up and ban this *****! Otherwise I will just choose not to comehere anymore. Who needs the aggravation?
I certainly don't. Your solution is to not respond to him. Give it a shot.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by --grande-- View Post
WOW I worked for them back in '95, They used to take really good care of the drivers. Guess all the Money finally went to Havey's head. :roll:

The company im with now have them tripack thingies, but mine only works when it wants to I have tons of blankets now.

The truck I have also will shut down after 5 min of idle,. that part blows. it shut down on me in traffic a few weeks ago issedoff:

Well some of the very long time GTS drivers talked about the good old days at GTS ,But said those days were long gone . Some of Gainey's finanacial issues were from legal issues and GTS had to sell off equipment to meet some of those legal issues financially,Which left them short on trailers ...And customers.

Gainey had no freight when I was there I only grossed 14,400 in 9 months staying out 7-8 wks at a time. I ran about 1200 miles a week ,And the planners botched up so bad I had to run loose leaf logs just for the 1 or 2 trips I got running that 1200 miles a week .

These days Gainey offers no miles ,low CPM ,worn out equipment ,And no driver comfort.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Which you are continuing to do.

I certainly don't. Your solution is to not respond to him. Give it a shot.
Thank you Rev. I will ignore him from now on. I apologize.