User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg

I must have miss read the part about leaving YOUR FLAT TIRE/ Tires for another driver--- yes, that was really sorry on your part-- sure crap flows down hill-- and maybe someone/ another driver before you did you wrong-- but passing it along is totally unprofessional.
I don't know about the unprofessional part. I'm safe, dependable, cost conscientious and I want to do a good job. But professional, I don't think so. Your right though, it was sorry on my part. I'm not doing it again. I'll quit before I become Crete's equipment b*&^% or I start passing the problem on to another driver.

Quote:

I just read the part about "passing up the terminal" as a total time waster--

But I thought you had stopped at a Truckstop shop and got it fixed( at least the tires) while enjoying a few hours relaxing, maybe have a meal, hot shower etc--- none of which would be available had you pulled into a terminal to get it fixed.
I can't stand the driver's break areas at the terminals. I do not complain about the job/company with a group of drivers and never will at a terminal. I'm not even willing to listen to the B.M.W-ing so I don't spend much time in the terminals.

But I'll complain on the internet... long haul/ OTR sucks. It isn't a lifestyle either. It is more of a "life" and a poor one.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Senior Board Member

str.whl.hldr if Crete Carrier is asking you for too much please do yourself a huge favor and give your notice. The stress that it seems that the company is putting you under to do the job that you were hired to do is a such a large burden it could lead to health issues and that isn't good.

Good luck and I hope that your next endeavor isn't so stressful.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
The article I read stated that Wilkerson had came off a legal 34-hr reset- had his log book current and legal- but the state used his personal cell phone records to indicate/prove he was awake -- making and receiving personal phone calls during that 34hour period- and could not have been "rested" before he started his 14 hour duty shift.

Which puts the "monkey" back on Wilkerson-- he should have been willing to loose his job- by telling Crete he was tired/ needed more rest. Which of course, was what he was suppose to be doing during his 34hour reset.
That's the same article I read also and it doesn't get any clearer cut than that. The dude can try to deflect blame all he wants, but it wasn't the fault of Crete because he didn’t get any rest and sleep during his 34 hour restart. That’s his fault!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, but that court ruling scares the crap out of me.... here I set on my 10hr break-- on the internet, or perhaps, my wife will be calling soon- getting off work from Wal-mart- just to say good night.

Now tomorrow, God forbid-- I'm in the wrong place, at the wrong time--- and

something terriblly wrong happens--- and I spend 7 years in Jail----- just goes to show you--- we are all suckers for working for the peanuts that these companies throw us--- when looking at the liability we're faced with. They have a million different ways to track us--- and now, not only do you have to be 'off duty' but you've got to be able to prove-- you were Sleeping too!

I think maybe this ruling has scared many companies too-- I notice I get fewer qual-com messages that would have otherwise have 'interrupted' my 'rest' period----- you got to know-- the companies lawyers must have been paying attention. The Civil liabilty for having played a part in reducing a driver's 'rest' would be in the millions.

Just waiting for the opti-idle to be called into blame for causing a driver-- fatigue .
Old 08-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle
str.whl.hldr if Crete Carrier is asking you for too much please do yourself a huge favor and give your notice. The stress that it seems that the company is putting you under to do the job that you were hired to do is a such a large burden it could lead to health issues and that isn't good.

Good luck and I hope that your next endeavor isn't so stressful.
Honestly the boredom is harder to deal with than the stress. And I wouldn't stress if I didn't care about doing my job.

I owe you thanks. After you posted this I took pause and decided to get some advice and suggestions from a few Crete vets. All four were very surprised and shocked how things were going for me. Thankfully I haven't had anywhere near the same run of luck this month.

It wasn't what Crete was asking of me. It was how they were asking.
What happen last month...

1.if I'm out of hrs and tell dispatch- nobody in ops should QC me all damn night. I won't run illegal so let me get my sleep.
one reason I came to Crete is because I didn't want to be pressured to run illegal.

2.Do not leverage my home time I "earned" it.
I was days away from my hometime (for a DR appt.) and I MTed out. I got a one ld offer 1500miles away. But one minute later I get a message that said to the effect "if you do this favor instead of the load we offered we'll make sure you stay close to home" There is plenty of freight in that area to keep me close home all the time and there always will be. And I would have done the favor anyway. I do work for them after all.

3. I don't want to go into details about this one. Weekend dispatch asked a favor under deception again. I did it. But things went south. I got threatened to be charged for freight. It didn't happen, I wasn't even at fault. Even if I was at fault they should keep the stick in the drawer in till its needed.

4. fuel department hounding me for the reason why I fuel out of route and not even bothering to read my response and then my frustration escalated because I couldn't fuel till I responded (twice). Fuel department was very nice in the end and did acknowledge their mistake. She was too busy, I can relate.

5. My QC stops working and I like to only communicate by QC. OPs is almost always pleasant, direct, and efficient on the QC. But when my QC was broke, and they knew it, "they" would be so fraking unnecessarily rude. And I payed for their attitude through cell bill too.

6. What the hell is up with breakdown. Why can't what needs to get done just get done. Bruce and Mike are very good, when they finally get to it. I assume their very busy. But some lady in there hates the world and wants the drivers to know it.

I could go on but I'm done.

And just so you know. I "sell" the company on the road, and not for the money. If another OTR driver asks about the company I give them the low down and the pitch. Crete is one of the best IRC out here. And if they're already going to do OTR it might as well be with one of the best companies. I don't bother with the referral bonus. Helping someone out is reward enough.

I work for Crete but the industry has obvious flaws. And I also believe Duane Acklie tried to build an empire as removed from them as possible while still being able to make a healthy profit because reverence in the Driver's lounges for him is inspiring. And a nice break from all the complaining.

Damn I just reread that list above. I forgot a few things, but it only pisses me off anyways.

You may not like what I have to say or how I say it, but I'm still saying it.

btw who the hell hired that driver that looks and acts like a homeless paranoid schizophrenic that cleared wilmer with his BO, or the transvestite. The transvestite with two day facial hair, sweat pants and a horrible wig. He completely silenced the shipping office at Busch (NO pun intended). Also there is a 450-500# driver not wearing underwear who's pants fell off at the Lowes DC. Crete's lucky the Lowes employees and I aren't suing for trauma.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, but that court ruling scares the crap out of me.... here I set on my 10hr break-- on the internet, or perhaps, my wife will be calling soon- getting off work from Wal-mart- just to say good night.

Now tomorrow, God forbid-- I'm in the wrong place, at the wrong time--- and something terriblly wrong happens--- and I spend 7 years in Jail----- just goes to show you--- we are all suckers for working for the peanuts that these companies throw us
Pennies, peanuts, Turkey basters. "Its what you make of it"

Quote:
--- when looking at the liability we're faced with. They have a million different ways to track us--- and now, not only do you have to be 'off duty' but you've got to be able to prove-- you were Sleeping too!

I think maybe this ruling has scared many companies too-- I notice I get fewer qual-com messages that would have otherwise have 'interrupted' my 'rest' period----- you got to know-- the companies lawyers must have been paying attention. The Civil liabilty for having played a part in reducing a driver's 'rest' would be in the millions.

Just waiting for the opti-idle to be called into blame for causing a driver-- fatigue .
I've gotten to the point were I barely can sleep. My cycle gets jacked with enough to were I can only do 4-5hrs a night with maybe a 30min-1hr nap. I hardly get sleep during the work day/night more of an constant fatigue. Opti idle sucks. even in my dreams I'm driving because the truck is running.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member

My buddy at Crete just had his APU installed in his truck and so far he is very happy with it. It will take some adjustment, but all in all he said it beats the dogcrap outta Opti-Idle!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
My buddy at Crete just had his APU installed in his truck and so far he is very happy with it. It will take some adjustment, but all in all he said it beats the dogcrap outta Opti-Idle!
did they go with an actual apu or the battery packs?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Its an APU. When you pull the brakes, the truck idles for about 30 seconds, then shuts off and the APU turns on.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Board Regular
Default battery packs

Yes, I brought a new 08 w/ battery packs home from orientation last year for my trainer. It was worthless from the start in his words