Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Crete (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/34567-crete.html)

mtl2020 07-12-2008 03:36 AM

Crete

Do they hire student drivers?

DDCavi 07-12-2008 03:49 AM

They did. I think they tightened the noose on hiring students though. Give it a shot, whats the worse that can happen.

JewelsnTools 07-12-2008 08:38 AM

While I believe the above poster is right about the "tightening" going on, Crete does hire new grads--but you have to have attended one of the schools they accept. PTDI-certified.
Give them a call. They're pretty good about answering questions. Also, check to see if they have a terminal near your home. If not, you'll only have faint memories of what your home looks like! :lol:

mtl2020 07-12-2008 01:55 PM

Im going thorugh NTTs in Liverpool, wich is PTDI cert. Im in the 602 Hour Advanced Commercial Drivers Course. So i got a little while until I graduate. There closet terminal is about 3 hours away. Im gonna give them a call see what they say. They gotta be better than the Werner recruter they had come in....lol. he talk fast and avoided all questions then just left...lol. Anyway thanks for the info.....

repete 07-12-2008 07:55 PM

yes they still do hire stewies, and the pay is better, was $500 a wk to train and after a yr .41 cpm. I hear loads are a little light now but are picking up. Columbus Oh. & New Kingstown Pa are the closest to you. They also have real one-on -one training none of that B/S team driveing :roll:
As you can tell I'm a happy Crete driver and will try not to BS you BUT I am a little biased!

mtl2020 07-13-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete
yes they still do hire stewies, and the pay is better, was $500 a wk to train and after a yr .41 cpm. I hear loads are a little light now but are picking up. Columbus Oh. & New Kingstown Pa are the closest to you. They also have real one-on -one training none of that B/S team driveing :roll:
As you can tell I'm a happy Crete driver and will try not to BS you BUT I am a little biased!

Hows there home time, do they do alot of drop and hooks, and can i take the truck home. I see alot of them on the Ny thruway. How is there equipment. Sorry for all the question rather here from sombodey that drives for them . Thanks for the info

repete 07-13-2008 04:32 AM

I'm one of the trucks you see on I90 I run it 2x a day , hometime=2-3wks out at least 2-3 days home, yes you take the truck home. They seem to be getting more loads in NY than a year ago and seem to now have more drivers in the area so that helps get you home and tru the house. equipment is overall I'd say good they keep up on my truck, some of the trls are beat up but who dosn't have some that are beat on?
I have found them easy to work with and when your under a load they leave you alone MORE importent when your off duty they leave you alone!
When I ran the system I did mostly drop/hook, when live load/unload they will pay for det, if you ask and if they get it from customer, I always put in for it and if I got it it was a bonus.

JewelsnTools 07-13-2008 05:48 AM

Ouch!
:oops:
Hi, Repete!

mtl2020 07-13-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete
I'm one of the trucks you see on I90 I run it 2x a day , hometime=2-3wks out at least 2-3 days home, yes you take the truck home. They seem to be getting more loads in NY than a year ago and seem to now have more drivers in the area so that helps get you home and tru the house. equipment is overall I'd say good they keep up on my truck, some of the trls are beat up but who dosn't have some that are beat on?
I have found them easy to work with and when your under a load they leave you alone MORE importent when your off duty they leave you alone!
When I ran the system I did mostly drop/hook, when live load/unload they will pay for det, if you ask and if they get it from customer, I always put in for it and if I got it it was a bonus.

So far they sound alot better then the ones I have talk to already. I'll prob give the a call sometime this week. Hometime doesn't sound bad. Im single got no kids so it doesnt really make much off a diffrence how long I m out I guess. Thanks for all the info. One more thing what would i start out at pay wise just curious

repete 07-13-2008 04:34 PM

Jewels why the "ouch"? how's things going?Drop me a pm or give me a call, I'm back on the road tonight after 10days vacation. Man it will be good to get back to work so I can unwind and relax! I've been busy!

Ok crete pay,
they rent you a car to drive to lincoln, pay while there hmmm, sorry don't remember :roll: . While out with a trainer $500 a week,on your own I think it's .34cpm and works up to .41cpm at 1year
I may be off alittle on that but i'm sure I'm close
Jewels may know the exact amounts