User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Just because your little pu$$y ass couldn't handle OTR you don't think any one should do it.
Being a pu$$y has nothing to do with it. You say your so smart with your big time college degree thats why you drive OTR lucky to make 8 dollars a hr. :roll:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Colts- How come you think your so damn great??? Just because your little pu$$y ass couldn't handle OTR you don't think any one should do it. I turned down local gigs just because the money isn't there for me in it. ( $9.50 an hour, 40 hours a week to haul coal). I could get on with Estes if I wanted to but I don't see the point in having to start at the docks and work my way into the drivers seat. I'm a driver not a dock hand. Plus I'd have to pay union dues so that Hoffa, Jr can sit on his ass. I would have to drive an hour and half to their terminal when they start their first shift at 3 a.m. So then get off at 3 p.m. drive home get home about 4:30-5, eat dinner then go to bed so I could wake up at midnight to get ready for work. Yep, you union boys have it all figured out. Like the union is actually going to be able to keep a company from closing it doors. I'm a truck driver by choice. I have a college degree, which I worked 4 years for. I was offered a job, and the offer is still open to me ( through connections :wink: ) at Serta mattress that would have me being a company sales rep traveling store to store that pays salary $65,000 + commission. I am an OTR trucker by choice so before you go dogging people figure out were they came from. I guess if you had studied a little bit harder in h.s. and kept your dick in your pants than you could have a choice in your occupation also and won't have the old ball and chain to worry about.
Just so you know Estes is not a union outfit and they do hire drivers off the street. Maybe not when you were looking. Matter of fact if you like running the road they are a good option. Their road drivers start out by running wild, no set run. They go hub to hub, not knowing where they will go next until they get there. Usually gone all week, sleeping in motels, and getting home on weekends. 100% legal at around 47-52 cpm. They work up to a set run by seniority. Every LTL outfit has its quirks. Just like OTR it can take a while to find a company and situation that fits your lifestyle. I'm on my third LTL company. I was hired off the street at UPS Freight as a road driver. Been there 18 mos, currently on a set run, home every day. I've spent maybe 6 nights total in a motel during this time. I average 45-50 hrs a week and gross 1100-1200. I'm about halfway up the payscale and still the bottom guy on the board. My income keeps going up. Great bennies and a pension. I plan to stay a long time. Believe me some LTL jobs do suck! You just have to look around. No its not easy getting started but it is worth it when you get to a good situation. If you like OTR then thats fine with me.

As for Lebron he's trying to enlighten people in his own twisted way. Some people are interested in his info and he does have a alot of knowledge. As for where he works, the only union LTL's out there are Yellow, Roadway, ABF, and Holland so take your pick. New England Motor Freight and I think maybe Alvan is union but not teamsters. UPS Freight just went union recently and I dont believe its them. I think he is toning it down some since coming back. If you read what he wrote

"No health bennies? How much .cpm is the contractor offering? Do you get 401k? Paid holidays? Paid vacation? Who pays for uniforms? This is why working for a contractor generally sucks. Better to cut out the middleman and deal directly with the company.

Use the experience and move on and get a real job. Best o' luck to ya'."

He is simply stating facts. A company job would be better. But he wishes the poster best of luck.

You guys need to let some things go and quit fanning the fires. The poster asked about Fedex Ground and he got some opinions, he did not ask about OTR. Although FXG is not a bad job there are better ones in that sector.

Lebron has his views and he does know alot whether or not you like him. I do wish Lebron could back off the OTR guys so we dont keep going thru this. But LTL does have alot to offer. I enjoy LTL and I enjoy discussing it with people who are interested. I try to stay out the OTR discussions. Different strokes for different folks. Again if you like OTR, more power to ya. Why cant we all just get along? You do your thing and I'll do mine! We're all just a bunch of truckdrivers trying to make living the best way we know how.

SM,
PO'd and tired of the arguing! :evil:
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Board Regular

Thanks for the info snowman!!!! Guess all have to give Estes a call again. When I spoke with them it was about 1 1/2 ago and I'd have to drive to Columbus every day which is about hour and half to 2 hours, depending on traffic from my neck of the woods. Awfully long commute for me.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think if you get the job you'll be happy running with ground, its a pretty smooth operation. hopefully you will get a good teammate and contractor to work with as well.

As someone else said, you won't ever have to worry about weight there. Like i said its a smooth system there so it for the most part should be a piece of cake. 8)

Good luck =)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Colts- How come you think your so damn great??? Just because your little pu$$y ass couldn't handle OTR you don't think any one should do it. I turned down local gigs just because the money isn't there for me in it. ( $9.50 an hour, 40 hours a week to haul coal). I could get on with Estes if I wanted to but I don't see the point in having to start at the docks and work my way into the drivers seat. I'm a driver not a dock hand. Plus I'd have to pay union dues so that Hoffa, Jr can sit on his ass. I would have to drive an hour and half to their terminal when they start their first shift at 3 a.m. So then get off at 3 p.m. drive home get home about 4:30-5, eat dinner then go to bed so I could wake up at midnight to get ready for work. Yep, you union boys have it all figured out. Like the union is actually going to be able to keep a company from closing it doors. I'm a truck driver by choice. I have a college degree, which I worked 4 years for. I was offered a job, and the offer is still open to me ( through connections :wink: ) at Serta mattress that would have me being a company sales rep traveling store to store that pays salary $65,000 + commission. I am an OTR trucker by choice so before you go dogging people figure out were they came from. I guess if you had studied a little bit harder in h.s. and kept your dick in your pants than you could have a choice in your occupation also and won't have the old ball and chain to worry about.
Again with your pointless spew. Mods, I think some of the language being used is vulgar, offensive, and against the forum rules.

Where am I dogging the OTR guys? To each their own. If you want to be on the road all the time I don't care. You obviously don't hold the family man in high regard. I love my wife and kids to death and would go to the ends of the earth to make them happy. Your colorful description of my choice to create children with my wife makes me feel sorry for you. You must have had an unhappy childhood. :cry:

Maybe you will have a family someday. Then you might understand where I'm coming from.

To the OP, go for it. FXG sounds great. BOL.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 AM
Board Regular

Yep go crying to the mods :cry: :cry: :cry: You dog the OTR guys all the time. Sit there and take a punch at me then go into self defense mode you coward.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 AM

I'm not gonna respond to some of the cheap shots in this thread...especially from this YoungZ.W guy who seems to have an axe to grind....LOL unions are corrupt but these outfits paying .26/mile aren't? And I never said my job was the best...other guys here like Mackman, Colts Fan, and Double R have good gigs as well. I think the mesage I've tried to relay is to avoid the coolie OTR carriers, but maybe some people took this the wrong way.

In regards to weight at FedEx Ground...yeah it's all floor-loaded small-parcel stuff so you won't really have problems with being overweight. They have weight and size restrictions on their packages...in my former life as an ops manager at Ground 150 lbs was max weight per package and something like 160 inches in length or so if I remember...otherwise you'd have to ship LTL. And anything palletized would have to be broken down at the hub because they use conveyors and rollers in their sorting facilities. Max weight you can legally stuff into a pup is around 22,000 lbs on the gross but at Ground we were nowhere near that even with cubed-out pups.

Now the LTL guys on the other hand haul alot of heavy stuff and have weight problems all the time. As a city driver I don't really deal with weight but I'm sure Snowman has some stories in this regard. :wink:
Old 04-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Senior Board Member

FedEx ground is NOT floor loaded or palletized. I unloaded trailers for a year. Its stacked to the celing and in the bellies. However, some trailers have to leave the hub for cutoff, so some are 1/2 full sometimes. The restrictions listed above are correct though.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
and Double R have good gigs as well.
My gig is not for everyone. Not everyone would enjoy or like what I(and a few others here :wink: ) do. Everyone needs to find thier own niche in this industry. Not ever driver will enjoy what another drive feels is the best job out there.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Board Regular

Wow, gotta ear full on these 4 pages of this thread! But anyways thankyou ladies and gentlemen for all your info greatly appreciated. I'm gonna start next monday. So wish me luck and I'll update you guys periodically if you would like.