User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
She looks good with any shirt on and definitly would look better with the shirt off. :lol: Sorry, floored I had to say it since no one else did yet.
Nice :roll:
Old 04-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Board Regular

Hey, I thought I would update my fellow CADers about this job. Well I finally filled out the app today, checked out the equipment they drive and it's ALL Volvo 780's which is cool with me cuz I really like the volvos. All I will be hauling is double trailers for Fedex so now I'm just waiting for her to check on my previous experience and she'll let me know next week. Honestly the only bad thing about it is and it really sucks but I won't have any benefits. Now (knockin on wood) right now I'm healthy and I been healthy for 30 years now, no major problems so hopefully I wont need them, but then again I dont plan to stay with this company forever I want enough experience so I can get a good paying local gig but for now I'll settle for this.

I kinda get the feeling they run pretty hard cuz she has her trucks governed at 75mph!/running teams so well see how it goes. I do have a question for all of you with experience with doubles. I have the endorsement obviously but dont have a whole lot of experience hauling doubles or triples. Now when I got to weigh the truck on a scale what weight are the axles on the pups not supposed to exceed? Are the steers and drives still the same weights/12,000lbs,34,000lbs? Any info would be greatly appreciated just wanna know my max weight limits on these axles. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

12k on the steers, 34k on tandems, 20k on singles. Check state laws but most should allow 90,000 total gross with doubles. Always hook the heavy trailer first.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

if you are running ground which it sounds like you are you will not have to really worry about it. been there 4 years, never scaled a load, and never been bothered at the scale house. also DOT does not mess with us much, to many things to check on a set and bellys are hard to get under to check...good luck.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Rookie

Yeah I've never been really bothered by DOT the whole time i've been with FedEx. We usually get the bypass on the scales and everything else. Seems like they been pullin over most of the other LTL carriers around here lately with the junkier equip..Roadway, Yellow, UPS Freight and couple others. But either way have fun with it and always keep a steady head with those doubles. They'll get away from ya in a hurry. Be safe!!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Board Regular

Hey thanks everybody for your info and yes it is for Fedex ground. Wow is that really true that doubles can be up to 90,000 gross? Well I'll keep you guys posted if I get the job or not and once again thanks for any useful info !!!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
if you are running ground which it sounds like you are you will not have to really worry about it. been there 4 years, never scaled a load, and never been bothered at the scale house. also DOT does not mess with us much, to many things to check on a set and bellys are hard to get under to check...good luck.
Just curious jed but I would think with packages your loads would be real even while loading and axles would be very balanced? With freight its real easy to get way over on an axle if the loader isnt careful.

But your right about the law leaving us alone. Guys on the CB whine about Ohio but I never have a problem. They dont hide in the dark, they sit in the middle with their lights on and dont even bother you unless your more than 9-10 over. Of course I think they're more leniant at night than during the day. That scale south of Columbus got me one night for 2000 over on my drives. I couldnt even believe my prepass redlighted cause I was way under gross. He just told me to tell the loaders to be more careful and let me go. I wasnt there 2 minutes.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExFr8
Yeah I've never been really bothered by DOT the whole time i've been with FedEx. We usually get the bypass on the scales and everything else. Seems like they been pullin over most of the other LTL carriers around here lately with the junkier equip..Roadway, Yellow, UPS Freight and couple others. But either way have fun with it and always keep a steady head with those doubles. They'll get away from ya in a hurry. Be safe!!
IMO Virginia is the one everyone should bitch about, not OH. Around here they dont pull us over at all unless you give them a reason.

Junkier equipment? Ya mean like your old smurfs! :lol:
Old 04-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy
Honestly the only bad thing about it is and it really sucks but I won't have any benefits. Now (knockin on wood) right now I'm healthy and I been healthy for 30 years now, no major problems so hopefully I wont need them, but then again I dont plan to stay with this company forever I want enough experience so I can get a good paying local gig but for now I'll settle for this.
No health bennies? How much .cpm is the contractor offering? Do you get 401k? Paid holidays? Paid vacation? Who pays for uniforms? This is why working for a contractor generally sucks. Better to cut out the middleman and deal directly with the company.

Use the experience and move on and get a real job. Best o' luck to ya'.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM

well CFM, i mean lebron james. i do have my own insurance, he can to if he shops around a bit. mine costs me 250 a month, by the way, all tax deductible. oh, and our uniforms, a shirt cost a 13 dollars...all tax deductible. since you like to play this game, tell me something. how much taxes did you pay last year compared to what you made. how much money went to union dues that you will never get back? etc? your job is the best and everyone elses sucks, tell us why...not your usual bullshit but facts, and give us a company name that you are so proud of, since you have never sone that before.