User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

He will not tell, because he is probably bottom of the totem pole, and if they have hiring inquiries, he may lose fall further down the pole, or completely off.

I have found many guys like that, they have no confidence in themselves, and cannot stand competition. Heck, bring on the competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
well CFM, i mean lebron james. i do have my own insurance, he can to if he shops around a bit. mine costs me 250 a month, by the way, all tax deductible. oh, and our uniforms, a shirt cost a 13 dollars...all tax deductible. since you like to play this game, tell me something. how much taxes did you pay last year compared to what you made. how much money went to union dues that you will never get back? etc? your job is the best and everyone elses sucks, tell us why...not your usual bullshit but facts, and give us a company name that you are so proud of, since you have never sone that before.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Board Regular

He is probably just a yard jockey
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Aint nothing bad about that. A friend of mine is a union yard jackey and he gets 18/hr O/T after 8.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
He will not tell, because he is probably bottom of the totem pole, and if they have hiring inquiries, he may lose fall further down the pole, or completely off.
If he was at the bottom of the totm pole, he would definately be singing a different tune the way things are going at the union LTL outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Most likely much better than you could ever do.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Heck, bring on the competition! countryhorseman

Why would you want competition for your job. Competition kills profits.
I could see why you want competition for jobs not in your field. I see alot of driver painting black paint over the phone # on back of the company trailers advertising for drivers.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Most likely much better than you could ever do.
Whatever you say there Ward Clever.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

We are talking about drivers hiring on to the company in which you are working. Not different companies hauling the same frieght!

I have enough confidence in my abilities to perform and complete my duties, to not worry about someone else hiring on to my company! I invite any kind of personal competition, when it comes to job performance, and so do many of my co-workers! It keeps things interesting in a demanding environment!

The person that was quoted, keeps harping on how good his company is, and knocking everyone elses, but yet, he has never posted what outfit he works for, if, he is even a working driver!

For someone that states his outfit is the best, heck, maybe other drivers would like to have the heavenly gravy train he paints! But, I doubt the outfit is even close to what the poster stated, and is just a typical CB Rambo that like spouting of BS!

I currently run for Star Bulk Transport out of New Braunfels, Texas! It is a bulk tanker outfit that hauls lime and cement! If you think you can handle our work schedule and environment, bring it on! Be warned though, only 1 out of 20 drivers last more than 2 weeks, and it is not because of the pay!

As for painting over phone numbers - a little investigation relating to 2 of the mega carriers will show, that the numbers that had been painted over are no longer used by those outfits. Cannot vouch for others, but again, if an individual driver is doing it, well, he more than likely has low self-esteem and zero confidence to defend his position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude

I could see why you want competition for jobs not in your field. I see alot of driver painting black paint over the phone # on back of the company trailers advertising for drivers.
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Board Regular

Colts- How come you think your so damn great??? Just because your little pu$$y ass couldn't handle OTR you don't think any one should do it. I turned down local gigs just because the money isn't there for me in it. ( $9.50 an hour, 40 hours a week to haul coal). I could get on with Estes if I wanted to but I don't see the point in having to start at the docks and work my way into the drivers seat. I'm a driver not a dock hand. Plus I'd have to pay union dues so that Hoffa, Jr can sit on his ass. I would have to drive an hour and half to their terminal when they start their first shift at 3 a.m. So then get off at 3 p.m. drive home get home about 4:30-5, eat dinner then go to bed so I could wake up at midnight to get ready for work. Yep, you union boys have it all figured out. Like the union is actually going to be able to keep a company from closing it doors. I'm a truck driver by choice. I have a college degree, which I worked 4 years for. I was offered a job, and the offer is still open to me ( through connections :wink: ) at Serta mattress that would have me being a company sales rep traveling store to store that pays salary $65,000 + commission. I am an OTR trucker by choice so before you go dogging people figure out were they came from. I guess if you had studied a little bit harder in h.s. and kept your dick in your pants than you could have a choice in your occupation also and won't have the old ball and chain to worry about.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

[

I currently run for Star Bulk Transport out of New Braunfels, Texas! It is a bulk tanker outfit that hauls lime and cement! If you think you can handle our work schedule and environment, bring it on! Be warned though, only 1 out of 20 drivers last more than 2 weeks, and it is not because of the pay!

What I am saying is your only a truck driver. What would happen if some one start a new company and hired lower paid immigrants and your company lost most of your costumers. Would you than say bring it on.

[quote="Evinrude"]Heck, bring on the competition! countryhorseman

I could see why you want competition for jobs not in your field.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

That is different then the topic that we were debating, but I understand your point! As for the under paid drivers with a start-up company - it had been attempted twice in the last 3 years in our industry, in this area! They both failed miserably! Now, we did have a older outfit move into the area, and started under-bidding contracts, but little did they know, the contracts they won, none of the other companies wanted! Not saying it cannot or will not happen, but we have good drivers for the most part, that take care of out clients, thus, we are not too worried about competition either. In the cases where it has happened, it just showed out clients that the service we provide is still above the others!

Lebron James keeps knocking everyone else's outfits, but refuses to say who he works for! That was the issue i was debating! On this forum, many drivers are looking for good advice and looking for outfits where they can make a decent and fair living. So when someone is blowing roses about one outfit, and not telling who, it raises a high level of suspicion that it is just B.S..

All that I was saying there!

[quote="Evinrude"][quote=Evinrude]Bulk Transport out of New Braunfels, Texas! It is a bulk tanker outfit that hauls lime and cement! If you think you can handle our work schedule and environment, bring it on! Be warned though, only 1 out of 20 drivers last more than 2 weeks, and it is not because of the pay!

What I am saying is your only a truck driver. What would happen if some one start a new company and hired lower paid immigrants and your company lost most of your costumers. Would you than say bring it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude

I could see why you want competition for jobs not in your field.
Author Unknown

OOIDA