User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I dont know. They are Crete, we are JB hunt. Different companies are run different ways. I can simply turn the question around and ask, why isnt Crete as profitable as us? Why dont they have as many customers as us? Why dont they give their drivers as good of benefits as we do?
The answer will always be the same...they run their company their way, we run the company our way.
The good news is, you know what is important to you. You have a choice where you want to drive. I hire many crete drivers and Im sure they hire many JB drivers. Some drivers might think great benefits are important, some might think practical miles are more important.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Well, we are more profitable than all those companies, so we must be doing something better than them.
And so, according to your logic, JB Hunt is more profitable than the Practical Mile companies because they pay less to their drivers?!?!!?

Quote:
Hmmm...the best trucking company to invest in???
"Best trucking company"? I think that FedEx and UPS would have something to say about that. Especially since their market-caps are 10 times JB Hunt.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Who says crete pays more? There are many other ways drivers are paid except mileage. Benefits are pay.

But ok, lets look at the investment side of things and compare the two companies JB Hunt and UPS. Ups has only been a publically traded company for about 5 years so thats as far as we can go back.

Wow, will you look at that.What has JB has done in the last 4 years...what is that line going way up to the top of the chart?.....Oh, thats JB hunt.
Wait, whats that flat line going accross the bottom of the chart than seems, to end really close to the 0% return in 5 years? Oh wait, thats UPS.
Now If I were to choose to work at UPS, why in the world would I want to put my hard earned money in that crappy stock? How will that help my retirement? And before you say "pension"....Sorry pensions dont pay enough money for me to retire like I want to...really well off.

Take a look
http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#char...urce=undefined
Old 08-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Who says crete pays more? There are many other ways drivers are paid except mileage. Benefits are pay.

But ok, lets look at the investment side of things and compare the two companies JB Hunt and UPS. Ups has only been a publically traded company for about 5 years so thats as far as we can go back.

Wow, will you look at that.What has JB has done in the last 4 years...what is that line going way up to the top of the chart?.....Oh, thats JB hunt.
Wait, whats that flat line going accross the bottom of the chart than seems, to end really close to the 0% return in 5 years? Oh wait, thats UPS.
Now If I were to choose to work at UPS, why in the world would I want to put my hard earned money in that crappy stock? How will that help my retirement? And before you say "pension"....Sorry pensions dont pay enough money for me to retire like I want to...really well off.

Take a look
And I agree that Fedex would have been a great investment if you would have got into in the early 80s when it went public. You would be very very wealthy. But in the last 5 years it hasnt done outstanding...about a 150% return. Which is good and beats the hell out of that dog of a stock, UPS, but you cant really compare that to the money people are making of the JB stock, can you?

The point im making is when you are working for a public owned company, no matter what your job is, when it comes down to it, your job purpose is one thing. You are hired there to make those who own the company money, in other words, the stockholders. That is the reason you were hired. Now, you can sit back, spend your time griping and be a tool for those people to use or you can be smart and make yourself one of those owners of the company. You well then be part of the team that is making that company a success, helping the stock skyrocket and benefiting from everyones hard work including your own. IF YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT, EVERYTHING YOU DO IS MAKING YOU MORE MONEY. YOU ARE PAID FOR EVERY SINGLE MINUTE YOU ARE ALIVE NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE DOING AT WORK.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I say Crete pays more. Prove me otherwise.

Quote:
Let's look at FedEx since they've been a public company for longer than UPS. UPS has a higher market-cap than FedEx, so we can assume that the returns would be greater for UPS than FedEx over an equal time frame:

OOPS!! Looks like your beloved JB Hunt got TROUNCED!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Not really because JB hunt went public about 10 years after FDX.
So if you go back to the beggining of JB public offering and compare the two....they both did very well but JB just SQUEEKS BY FDX

But like I said, if you were to have started working at Fedex in 1980 and invested, you would be very very wealthy now. But in the last 5 years, Jb blows them away. What is important to me is what is making me money NOW. In the last 5 years FDX has done about 150%...which is great, I wish all my investments had that kind of return. But you cant really compare it to the skyrocket that is JB in the last 5 years.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Senior Board Member

But im glad we agree on something cold....JB and Fedx are both great investments. And UPS would be a horrible place to invest your hard earned money and time.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Default Just like a c.b.

You know this forum thing is just like a C.B. KRWOOD just asked a simple question and it turned into a match to see who can yell ( argue ) the loudest. It's like setting in a truck stop with the cb on, and people (especialy the ones who ask the questians) get tired of it!!! :evil:
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

This isnt an argument or shouting match, its healthy debate and its a good thing.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Senior Board Member

So hypothetically I could work at another company that pays more but still invest in J Hunt stock right? :wink: Or do you get a good deal on stock options if you work at JB?