User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
So you went from no one will hire you to all of a sudden your husband is getting .49 cpm and you .33! I call bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total absolute bull !

Won't name the company either, :roll: :roll:
RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE :shock:
Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyli
Just to let anybody out there who cares know I did find a company that will take both of us with our felonys!!!!! great pay tooo!!! I won't give you the name but as a team with me not having any experance there starting my husband off with 49 cents a mile and me at .33 a mile so I'm happy and so for the jack azz you know who you are, I will make it in this!!! 1 as a professional driver and 2 as a strong woman!!!! now sit on that and rotate

For those that care I will keep you posted about my progress!!!
we leave out friday yea

Liar Liar Pants On Fire !!!!! :lol:
Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Considering I know just alittle bit about Florida and its laws....having been a resident of that state all my life..... I have a problem with some of her claims:

1. If she was 16, and was convicted of a Felony, and that felony can be detected in any application search or even found out about by any other method.... She had to have been tried as an adult. That means that the possession charge was for a significant amount of drugs, or there wer firearms involved. Why do I say this? Because 16 is less than 18, and that makes her a "minor" in the eyes of the law, and criminal records of "minors" are sealed, permanently. Only with a "Judge's" permission can even a DA access those records.

2. She does not say whether or not her husband was a minor at the time. But if he was, the same would apply.

3. The Public Defender, generally does not defend minors. Juvenile court is not the same as the Circuit Courts. The PD does not work for the state. Or at least in the fashion she alluded to. They are paid by the state, but do not do the prosecutions work for them.

4. She says they are going to run "team".....hmmmm, 49+33= 82. Frankly, I don't know of any company on this planet that pays a team 82 cpm.

Oh well.
:?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
... I have a problem with some of her claims:

... Because 16 is less than 18, and that makes her a "minor" in the eyes of the law, and criminal records of "minors" are sealed, permanently. Only with a "Judge's" permission can even a DA access those records.
Very good point. A similar rule applies in every state, as far as I am aware of. Although a minor may be charged as though he/she is an adult, this can only be done in very serious felony cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
... She says they are going to run "team".....hmmmm, 49+33= 82. Frankly, I don't know of any company on this planet that pays a team 82 cpm.
I have recently read ads for some trucking companies that compensate team drivers according to their individual experience as well as the number of miles each drives. If such is the case with the job offer she claims they have accepted, ''he'' would earn 49 cpm for his miles, ''she'' would earn 33 cpm for hers. Assuming, arguendo, they each drive an equal number of miles, the total compensation paid by the company would be 41 cpm; not 82 cpm.... Which seems to be in the ballpark of what many carriers are paying.

I do, however, question why any carrier would be willing to pay a felon 49 cpm as a starting wage.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Board Regular

I noticed she has not posted any replies. Typical they come and :dung: on you and run away as soon as they realize that they are not smart enough to continue the crap.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
That's what's wrong with this world nobody is forgiving, ......
I forgive you, and my boss (who does the hiring) would forgive you. But, our insurance company wouldn’t let us hire you!
Now if you feel we are butt-holes that will be fine.

As for as you claiming you have now found the worlds greatest job after just 2 days of looking. I can only say; I wasn’t born yesterday, and I didn’t know McDonalds had trucks in their Drive-Though department.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy J. Begle
Quote:
That's what's wrong with this world nobody is forgiving, ......
I forgive you, and my boss (who does the hiring) would forgive you. But, our insurance company wouldn’t let us hire you!
Now if you feel we are butt-holes that will be fine.

As for as you claiming you have now found the worlds greatest job after just 2 days of looking. I can only say; I wasn’t born yesterday, and I didn’t know McDonalds had trucks in their Drive-Though department.
It's pretty tough to get on with McDonalds' trucking division..at least with Golden State Foods on the Westcoast. Not only do you gotta be willing to drive it their way...you get chewed on for the smallest mistakes. My neighbor & friend, back in WA, drove for GSF for 1 year. Decided it was easier to go back to Ryder Logistics and learn HazMat, then keep doing it their way.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

Personally, I don't have a problem with this. These two morons were what drug testing and background checks were designed to weed out. There are people that should be in the trucking industry and people who should NOT. Quite simple. Unforgiving ? Judgmental ? I don't really care. My family and I have to use the highways and I frankly don't care to share them with a couple of convicted felon drug users. And if you two morons actually DID get a job in the industry, I am quite sure it's only so some dispatcher could use you as "tools" to lie, cheat and steal. Just what we DON'T need on the road...If you have the nuts or the honesty, let us know what "wonderful" company would hire the crime twins, so the rest of us can avoid them on the road. A "spade is a spade".......(and leopards DON'T change their spots...)Oh poor you....
Old 07-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 07-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
4. She says they are going to run "team".....hmmmm, 49+33= 82. Frankly, I don't know of any company on this planet that pays a team 82 cpm.
With this type of team pay scheme the company is splitting miles not pay. Say the truck runs 5000 miles in a week. Driver "1" is paid for 2500 at 49 cpm and driver "2" is paid for 2500 at 33 cpm. Or if you prefer you could look at it as them being paid 41 cpm for all miles the truck turns. 49+33/2=41.