User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyli
That's what's wrong with this world nobody is forgiving, IF I was by chance to get into an accident then they would try to say it was because I was on drugs. But yet it's drivers thay kills people because they just won't go to sleep! when yopu get into an accident you have to take a drug test with in a certin amount of hours, so that alone would prove i wasn't using drugs.
And I 'm not saying things should just be over looked but it should be that you take every case, case by case, it should be about how long ago it was, how many felonys in all you have, I mean 1 felony is a mistake, 2,3,4,5,6 is a criminal history.
Anyways this could go on and on I just wondered if anyone knew of a good comany that would give us a chance.
Thanks for all the input though!
Its not about forgivness...personally, I forgive you for ny stupid things you did when young.....What twilight is trying to explain to you is the reason you cant get a job is your drug conviction creates a LIABILITY to anyone that hires you. Face it we live in a country and a time where people sue for anything. Successful companies have to protect their assets. If a huge billion dollar company did hire you and you had a wreck and killed someone, lawyers would have a field day and the very short court case would go something like this.

Lawyer: You mean you knew this driver had a known criminal drug history and you hired them anyway and now someone is dead?
Company: Uh yes, we were just trying to be nice and forgiving by giving people another chance.
Lawyer: Here is a blank check, Just sign it and we will fill in any amount.
Judge: Yes, do that.

Oh, I just saw that you actually got a job with that drug felony. Scary. However good luck.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Board Member

1 Felony is a mistake :?: What if you had killed someone with that one felony would you consider that a mistake.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
in my case I was 16 and had no other way to take care of my self but to sell them.
This is my favorite line in the whole saga.

I have known several people who were homeless or what ever at one time in their life and never turned to doing anything illegal to "take care of themselves."

There are simply too many organizations out there whose sole purpose is to help a person in need, and if you are young and in trouble the resources are almost limitless for anyone to have to turn to illegal activities to get by.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA to Cleveland
A general guideline used by at least one company out there: a) the felony must be at least 5 years old. b) the felony charge must not be a violent or drug related felony.
Some companies will not consider someone if they show a bankruptcy

on their personal record.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
in my case I was 16 and had no other way to take care of my self but to sell them.
My 13 year old made about 6 grand in just the summer months last year mowing neighborhood lawns. He will probably make the same or more this year. I guess I should tell him that hes doing something wrong because the only way a young person can make money is selling drugs.

What is really scary is she seems to have that "Its ok to break the law, as long as Im making more money" attitude....and now she is in a truck.
I bet she will be running illegal because in her mind that is the only way she can survive and take care of herself in this business.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
But you should ask not just ass-ume that if you have a possion charge that your on drugs or used them. I have never used drugs! or my husband! in my case I was 16 and had no other way to take care of my self but to sell them. I refused to sell my body! and as for my husband he got a possion because they had no other charges on him to prove! he was sitting at the bus stop and there was dope boys around the police jumped out on them and they thru the dope under the bench and the police put it on him! and with the "justice" in florida and no money you get a sorry public defender and everyone knows they work with the state.
Smyli;

Do youy REALLY believe that ANYONE of sound mind is going to believe that story!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In this industry, the excuses you have for your criminal past really do not matter, but seriously, this is one of the lamest excuses that I've heard in a lonnnnnggggg time!!
:dung:
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
That's what's wrong with this world nobody is forgiving, IF I was by chance to get into an accident then they would try to say it was because I was on drugs. But yet it's drivers thay kills people because they just won't go to sleep! when yopu get into an accident you have to take a drug test with in a certin amount of hours, so that alone would prove i wasn't using drugs.
And I 'm not saying things should just be over looked but it should be that you take every case, case by case, it should be about how long ago it was, how many felonys in all you have, I mean 1 felony is a mistake, 2,3,4,5,6 is a criminal history.
Anyways this could go on and on I just wondered if anyone knew of a good comany that would give us a chance.
Thanks for all the input though!
Its not about forgivness...personally, I forgive you for ny stupid things you did when young.....What twilight is trying to explain to you is the reason you cant get a job is your drug conviction creates a LIABILITY to anyone that hires you. Face it we live in a country and a time where people sue for anything. Successful companies have to protect their assets. If a huge billion dollar company did hire you and you had a wreck and killed someone, lawyers would have a field day and the very short court case would go something like this.

Lawyer: You mean you knew this driver had a known criminal drug history and you hired them anyway and now someone is dead?
Company: Uh yes, we were just trying to be nice and forgiving by giving people another chance.
Lawyer: Here is a blank check, Just sign it and we will fill in any amount.
Judge: Yes, do that.

Oh, I just saw that you actually got a job with that drug felony. Scary. However good luck.
Well Stated, Sheepdancer!!

Another consideration is lost productivity that occurs when you are pulled behind a chicken house, and an LEO goes through your truck with a fine tooth comb... which is going to happen repeatedly!!

Sorry, but there are just too many other drivers who do not present the risks associated with having a convicted felon behind the wheel.

Your only ope at this point is to hit up the "Outlaw" cpmpanies, where you wil runn illegally, in (usually substandard equipment.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Rookie

Go chuck groceries in a whse. somewhere until you've built up enough credence with the employer that they'll let you in one of their trucks.

I have a buddy who had t have a solid work history following his conviction for DUI and that was 16 yrs. ago. H estill only gets .40 a mile but at least he's home every day.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Board Regular

you have a PM :wink:
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Just to let anybody out there who cares know I did find a company that will take both of us with our felonys!!!!! great pay tooo!!! I won't give you the name but as a team with me not having any experance there starting my husband off with 49 cents a mile and me at .33 a mile
So you went from no one will hire you to all of a sudden your husband is getting .49 cpm and you .33! :roll: I call bull :dung: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total absolute bull :dung: !