User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh, i guess good drivers are never in accidents?

and UPS, I guess you can go against company line. Glad all of you "never done anything wrong" crowd are still around.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:31 AM

Oh, I guess its alright for drunk/drinking airline pilots to be in the skies, flying you on vacation. After all, alcohol related death in autos is far more the norm then any other substance. Oh, but alcohol is legal. I forgot.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Location: Los Angeles - Austin - Houston - Dallas - San Antonio - Laredo

Quote:
L@@K at THE ODDS. You don't have to be a mathmatician to figure this one out. Only a LOTTERY player would respond as you did.

Quote:
Oh, I guess its alright for drunk/drinking airline pilots to be in the skies, flying you on vacation. After all, alcohol related death in autos is far more the norm then any other substance. Oh, but alcohol is legal. I forgot.
Who said it WAS ALLRIGHT, you smoking those funny smelly things AGAIN?

There should be NO EXAMPTIONS in THIS INDUSTRY. -ZERO!

Take care all

P.S. A trucker friend just told me of his driver being pulled over for smoking mariguana in his tractor-trailer. He had to fly about 2,000 miles to deliver the government load. Seems like the dude had been off it for over TEN years, problem is SOME go back to their old ways. I certainly wouldn't take THE CHANCE IN THIS INDUSTRY, maybe flipping burgers would be O.K. and not too dangerous for them OR US.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:
L@@K at THE ODDS. You don't have to be a mathmatician to figure this one out. Only a LOTTERY player would respond as you did.

Quote:
Who said it WAS ALLRIGHT, you smoking those funny smelly things AGAIN?

There should be NO EXAMPTIONS in THIS INDUSTRY. -ZERO!

Take care all

P.S. A trucker friend just told me of his driver being pulled over for smoking mariguana in his tractor-trailer. He had to fly about 2,000 miles to deliver the government load. Seems like the dude had been off it for over TEN years, problem is SOME go back to their old ways. I certainly wouldn't take THE CHANCE IN THIS INDUSTRY, maybe flipping burgers would be O.K. and not too dangerous for them OR US.
Yea, lets just take our chances with the IDIOTS who do that good old legal drug - alcohol - and drive...in or out of a truck. It burns my @ss that some of you don't equate that of drivers who get DUIs, over 33% get a second offense. Here's to all the companies that will hire them after a certain period of time transpires!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If a commercial driver can't go to traffic school to get out of a ticket - in or out of a truck - a convicted DUI should not be allowed back behind the wheel of a semi!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Location: Los Angeles - Austin - Houston - Dallas - San Antonio - Laredo

Quote:
If a commercial driver can't go to traffic school to get out of a ticket - in or out of a truck - a convicted DUI should not be allowed back behind the wheel of a semi!
I agree 100%. NO DRUNKIES either!

No DUI's EVER!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Rookie

hi smyli, i've recently gotten my cdl. was wonderning how are things going at crst. i plan on attending orientation the first of next month. any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Rookie

Hello everyone I want to say to the person who did so much with his life after his felony THANK YOU!!!!! You said what I was trying to! I did make a mistake when i was younger I never said it was anybody elses fault I just said that maybe if I'd of had better guidence then maybe I'd have made better choices!!!!
As far as my career in the trucking industry I am doing good!! I have switched companies, I chose to go to TRL, they have great benifits!! I have been with them for almost 2 months and they are running us hard we get about 6500 to 7500 miles a week I mostly run east west.
I have nothing bad to say about CRST they are a good company but maybe just not for me, I started out with great miles and at the end it just went down,
I've learned it maybe just freight is slow but at that time I didn't and at least with TRL they have a lot of produce loads so they keep us moving!!
Free full benifits after 2 yrs with the company. so no complaints so far!!
I have learned there are companys out there that will give you a chance!! of course there might be a time limit but they will !!
Thanks to all who under stood what I was trying to say!!!
Safe driving to all who drive!!!! have a good day!!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Rookie

I would to talk to you and your husband. I was reading some of your blogs from last summer. Man. they really let you have it. I was in a simular situation. I posted something like you initially did. There were so many ass-holes that responded I was like forget it. If there is a way I would to chat with you. I don't really want to give out my personal info. Respond and we'll take it from there. I'm a recent grad also.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

smyli

I have nothing bad to say about CRST they are a good company but maybe just not for me, I started out with great miles and at the end it just went down,

[b] Were they still hiring new drivers when your mileage went down?

Your new company has great benefits after 2 years....Hmm ..Sound like they will also bring your mileage down after 23 months.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:49 AM
Rookie

To the OP, hope all is well and good luck on your new career. I too have a felony, from 1999, and am still kinda paying for it now. I've been driving heavy duty trucks since 03 and just got my CDL A in Aug. I ended up leaving my job to go with a small outfit which now I halfway regret. The pay was excellent, $1100 per week every 2, but the equipment was crap. They had mechanics who should never be let near a wrench and when they did "fix" something, it still wasn't right. Not to mention that I was delivering auto parts to dealerships overnight by myself. I ended up quitting and am in the process of finding somewhere else to go. Here in NJ there are plenty of private and small outfits who will hire you as long as it clears their insurance. Just because someone makes a mistake doesn't mean that they are bad people. I'm pretty sure some of the negative posters here have done some things that had they gotten caught or been in the wrong place, they would be singing a different tune. It's not about the wrong path you took, it's about what you are doing to get back on the right one.