User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

GFIW Wrote:
I will still be driving with him for a while though until he has become very proficient

Very wise. My daughter got her license this past Feb. and we also rode with her for awhile. Some of the kids at her school made fun of her having to drive with her daddy, etc. She told me about a week later that the same people have all been in minor wrecks. She appreciated our concern for her being a better driver.
With insurance rates like they are, she understood that one wreck or ticket and her driving days were over. She has become a very good driver as will your son.

Great job. Sounds like the year is going well.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Wow! I was very impressed before my husband was even unloaded they had another load for him. This was on the west coast in Oregon

After he dropped in Klackamas, Oregon he had the pleasure of meeting Danske in person. Then he went to pick up his load in Prineville, OR.

This load is a five drop load for 2560 miles total.

His stops on this load are going to be

1. Fargo, North Dakota

2. Huron, South Dakota

3. Burnesville, MN

4. St. Paul, MN

5. Scandinavia, WI

The last few days I took my son out with a different driving instructor. He was very good. We got him polished up and yesterday he became a licensed driver. He took both his driving and his written and passed. :P

I will still be driving with him for a while though until he has become very proficient on the freeway and we all know how sometimes people have no clue on how to merge on the freeway. I want him to be able to deal with all types of different problems with people merging on the freeway. When we are both comfortable I will cut him loose on his own. Then again in winter I will be driving with him. By spring he should be good all by himself and that will free up great deal of my time. I will not be be driving 2 or 3 hours daily.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Congrats to the hubby for a nice multible drop with decent miles!! and congrats to your newly licensed young man.

I am still here at home and will put myself back in service Monday morning. Hope they have something for me soon and with decent miles as I need to get them wheels turning to make up for all this time off.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher

Very wise. My daughter got her license this past Feb. and we also rode with her for awhile. Some of the kids at her school made fun of her having to drive with her daddy, etc. She told me about a week later that the same people have all been in minor wrecks. She appreciated our concern for her being a better driver.
With insurance rates like they are, she understood that one wreck or ticket and her driving days were over. She has become a very good driver as will your son.

Great job. Sounds like the year is going well.
My son is knows he is not quite ready to be on his own yet. Yesterday he learned a little more about defensive driving as a lady cut him off without warning out of a parking lot when he had a green light. Then she proceeded to slowly run a red light :roll: Then on the freeway a close call right in front of us while he was driving.

He is smart kid like your daughter and he is not going to want to go on his own until he ready. And insurance is outrageous even with the good student discount.

So for now 3 hours driving for me the next few days as he is beginning soccer and has soccer practice the next three days. At least an hour and half of the driving I will be in the passenger seat. I am really looking forward to the day when he will ready to go on his own.

Next week he will be taking a nine day trip with his school so practice will have to wait.

Good to hear from you!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

Congrats to the hubby for a nice multible drop with decent miles!! and congrats to your newly licensed young man.

I am still here at home and will put myself back in service Monday morning. Hope they have something for me soon and with decent miles as I need to get them wheels turning to make up for all this time off.
Thank you DD on both accounts! I am glad that my husband got out of the West Coast with ease this last time but the multiple drops are getting old. It will usually take an extra day or two to drop all the different loads and it slows down your miles. After he is finished with this load tomorrow I hoping he will get a few nice single runs.

They dropped the Scandinavia, WI load off this run so he will end in Minnesota. He is delivering in South Dakota this morning and he could make one of his other drops today but would not make it to the second drop. He said his second drop is a small piece of machinery and they want it tarped but after he drops the the second to last one it would be hard to tarp that small piece of equipment so he is going to wait and drop both loads in Minnesota tomorrow.

I hope you get out alright! I will be checking in on your thread also!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Senior Board Member

danske

Please tell Will hello for me! Give him my regards! I will PM you shortly!

I wonder if I will see you out and about in a SAGE truck. I know I see them allot turning off of Spokane Street going onto Seltice in the morning. I also see them sometimes on the freeway!

I hope my husband gets to swing through here while you are at the school also.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

dewercs2

:sad: Hey if you want some of those cookies you have to give two days notice at least! Next time let me know when you will be coming through this way in advanced and I will hang some out on the mile marker

I hope you get a different truck. I did mentioned it to Pat when I was through there. Breaking down once and a while is one thing but constant problems is another thing.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Hubby has been busy. As soon as he dropped in St. Paul he got a short load going to Davenport Iowa.

This load was 387 miles. He dropped that load this morning.

Then he went on to pick up a load in Pinckneyville, IL He drove approximately 310 miles to pick this load up and it will be going to Mesa Arizona.

This trip will be approximately 1900 miles total. Single drop He will have 1500 miles left for tomorrow Saturday and Sunday. If he can make this drop by Monday it will be a big help to get a nice check next Friday.

I am glad that he got a straight trip and will be getting a nice check.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband is Phoenix Arizona this evening. I guess it was lightening there. He said it was hot and when he gassed up shortly before Phoenix there was a line and it began to downpour.

I remember being in Winslow Arizona once with my cousins when I was younger in warm weather downpour.

It was fun being in shorts in the middle of the street with the rain pouring down on us.

Anyway my husband did not do that but it was just a memory for me when he spoke of the heat and the rain in Arizona.

My husband will drop tomorrow morning. It will be a nice check next Friday.

My son is leaving this Tuesday on his trip for his class. They usually go in May or June with the 9th grade class as in 10th grade they learn about early American History. This year Jamestown was booked and had a big celebration beginning in May through the Summer so the school decided to go in September.

They will be going to Bunker Hill, Williamsburg and many other historical places. He is looking forward to it.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM

My husband is Phoenix Arizona this evening. I guess it was lightening there. He said it was hot and when he gassed up shortly before Phoenix there was a line and it began to downpour.

:sad: Glad he is doing well. He is in my home stomping grounds now...born and raised a "zonie" from Phoenix. Would be nice to be able to get back and visit some folks but just no time.

I too remember the hot summer rain and being able to go out and play in it. Very miserable the day after though, hot & sticky

Hope the kid's driving is doing well, :rock:
Keep safe
Old 09-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher

:sad: Glad he is doing well. He is in my home stomping grounds now...born and raised a "zonie" from Phoenix. Would be nice to be able to get back and visit some folks but just no time.

I too remember the hot summer rain and being able to go out and play in it. Very miserable the day after though, hot & sticky

Hope the kid's driving is doing well, :rock:
Keep safe
Thank you Truckpreacher! Well my husband is stuck this evening in your old stomping grounds.

He delivered today and the University and he said the guy gave him horrible directions. He had a lot of tight turns in the parking lot. When he was leaving he asked if there was another way out and sure enough there was. My husband said he wish the guy would have told him to go in that way.

He got to the Flying J around noon and it was all full. He is staying in the Walmart parking lot this evening. They did not have a load out for him today so hopefully in the morning he will be moving again.

Goin Fer It's Wife