User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

west_coaster

I agree with you! I have told him the same thing. I think he just gets frusterated sometimes with the situation of being told they will leave early then getting a late start.

I told him as soon as he gets his own truck that he will be able to set his own hours.

I think he will be okay if we past all of the other stuff.

Thanks again for your help!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Well the last time I posted about my husbands adventures they had stopped in Memphis Tennessee. My husband had some first experiences not any that he was looking forward to. They had a girl knock on the door around 4:00 in the morning asking for a ride and money and who knows what else. The trainer told her to leave.

Then in the morning my husband was surprised to see the trainer up after my husband had come back to the truck from getting his tea. Well then the trainer wanted to take a shower so while my husband was waiting for him a guy came up and asked him how he was doing and he said fine. Next thing the guy ask if he could get something for him like a girl. My husband told him he had better get out of there and the guy left.

Yesterday my husband drove all day! He did 578 miles!

Today the trainer drove all day. They are in New Mexico tonight.

Tomorrow my husband will drive all day! This is definitely different from May Trucking Company as the trainer is in one seat or the other at all times.

My husband said he and his trainer are getting along so that is a good thing. I told him to be glad that his trainer is not a bad one. When I talk to him he does not quite sound like his normal self though. I do not know if there is other things that I am not being told right now or not!

It will interesting to here at the end of his training if something else was wrong. I know last time he did not tell me until after the training was over that there were problems.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Is he being trained as a driver or passenger?

kinda silly to have trainer drive if running the truck like a solo operation.

seems to me that the best training would be to do all the driving in all conditions,heavy traffic,rain,sun,night.Does your husband relize that the majority of his trucking life will be run after dark?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
My husband said he and his trainer are getting along so that is a good thing. I told him to be glad that his trainer is not a bad one. When I talk to him he does not quite sound like his normal self though. I do not know if there is other things that I am not being told right now or not!
Maybe he hates the job, and he's under alot of stress because he thinks he'll let you down. Do you work?
Old 11-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Rookie

How's your hubby doing Goin Fer It's Wife?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Is he being trained as a driver or passenger?

kinda silly to have trainer drive if running the truck like a solo operation.

seems to me that the best training would be to do all the driving in all conditions,heavy traffic,rain,sun,night.Does your husband realize that the majority of his trucking life will be run after dark?
I am not sure why the trainer wants to drive. Maybe he gets bored sitting in the passenger seat all the time. But he does want to drive some. And my husband was driving in the pouring rain and wind.

My husband prefers to drive in the day and likes to be in the truck stops before they are all full. Usually the trucks stops do get filled up which means that most of the drivers there more than likely drive during the day and not at night. There will be sometimes on occasion when he may have to drive at night I think he did maybe two or three times when he was with May Trucking but it was mostly in the daytime.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Kintama"]
Quote:
Maybe he hates the job, and he's under alot of stress because he thinks he'll let you down. Do you work?
Yes, I work and I work harder than most! No, there is no monetary compensation for my work.

My husband loves driving a truck. He told other people how much he enjoys driving a truck not just me. I think he may miss us allot but until he gets his license straightened out and has some time under his belt without any preventables it has to be this way for now.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyJan
My husband is doing well. My husband and his trainer dropped off the load on Thursday morning in Chatsworth, CA. The load was not due until Monday but they took it early. Thursday night they stayed in Ontario Ca and they picked up a load in Ontario yesterday morning. This load is going up to the Seattle Washington area. From there they think they may go back east with a load of lumber. We are hoping maybe they will run by the I-90.

Yesterday my husband's trainer worked on backing with my husband. He seems like he is learning and he does enjoy driving a truck.

I know that he is very relieved because I have been very busy doing some legal research and he is not guilty of Failure to perform duties of a driver from the accident he had with May Trucking. Contacting the owners in the morning would have been the appropriate action to take under the circumstances according to Oregon State law.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
My husband is doing well. My husband and his trainer dropped off the load on Thursday morning in Chatsworth, CA. The load was not due until Monday but they took it early. Thursday night they stayed in Ontario Ca and they picked up a load in Ontario yesterday morning. This load is going up to the Seattle Washington area. From there they think they may go back east with a load of lumber. We are hoping maybe they will run by the I-90.

Yesterday my husband's trainer worked on backing with my husband. He seems like he is learning and he does enjoy driving a truck.

I know that he is very relieved because I have been very busy doing some legal research and he is not guilty of Failure to perform duties of a driver from the accident he had with May Trucking. Contacting the owners in the morning would have been the appropriate action to take under the circumstances according to Oregon State law.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Good to hear that his training is going well. Also glad to hear that state law may work in his favor on the accident. It really sucks that he's had to deal with so much while he's getting started.

I'm trying to keep up with your postings while I decide if this is what I really want to do when I grow up....lol Your thread is the most honest, and factual link I can find. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Best Wishes,
Old 11-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:

Goin Fer It's Wife
You need a attorney fast... this is basically " hit and run " with a fancy legal name here in Oregon. If your husband cuts a deal or is found guilty of the crime, most likely there will be no jail time, but the insurance company who paid out on the claim for the accident, will file suit against your husband and most likely obtain a judgement for the cost of the claim.