User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Well on the bright side, at least the wheels are turning.....could be worse, he could be sitting....guess we all got to take the "not so good" with the good right :wink:

Very sorry to hear about the Davis driver. In today's day and age, I can not understand why anyone would drive without a seat belt :shock: My condolences go out to his family, friends, and co-workers.
Once and a while it is not bad but the timing for us was really bad. He is getting a small check this week because he was off last week and we are not yet really back on our feet financially. We are on winter moratorium for our electric bill and I was hoping with the next few checks to pay it down. The bill is around $900.00 and the moratorium ends March 1, 2007. So I am going to have to call and hope they will work with me.

I am glad that he missed all of that nasty weather. And he still really likes Davis.

Davis only has around 100 drivers and driving by it really hits home. I feel bad for his family. And thank you for the condolences. I don't think my husband knew him but still it is really sad.

GFIW
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband stayed in Boise, Idaho last night. This evening he is in Rawlins, Wyoming. He had hoped to get his load delivered by Friday morning so he could get his next load but he still has 1876 miles to make his drop. Unless the receiver is open late on Friday I do not see this happening. Even if he got there Friday afternoon he would more than likely not get another load until Monday.

I told him to take it easy rather than push the miles to get there and sit and wait. Today he drove around 600 miles.

Mom is doing better with her antibiotics but she still is numb in her feet and hands from the last antibiotic they had her on. We are all hoping and praying that this time it will kick the C-Diff out for good.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-21-2007, 03:12 PM

It is good that your husband has the good attitude and sense to take the smaller pain in the ass run to get the longer run. If more drivers would just accept this and do it the way your husband did it there would be a lot less bitching and it all evens out in the end. As far as your electric bill goes if you call them they will set up a payment plan with you and work with you. Communication is the key.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbeenlate
It is good that your husband has the good attitude and sense to take the smaller pain in the ass run to get the longer run. If more drivers would just accept this and do it the way your husband did it there would be a lot less bitching and it all evens out in the end. As far as your electric bill goes if you call them they will set up a payment plan with you and work with you. Communication is the key.
I once took a 700 mile, 5 drop (tailgated every unit of plants) load over a 48 hour period and was given a 3100 mile run right after. It may not seem like the best thing at the moment, but doing the short runs can likely set you up for a nice long run.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbeenlate
I agree that a good attitude makes all the difference in the world. Unfortunately as far as my electric bill they will not budge not even one day.
I have a plan to send it by next day mail the 28th and that should give me a few days, by then the income tax refund should be in and I do not have to turn it over immediately for the Bankruptcy so that should buy me a few weeks. We just need good runs for now and it will all work out

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I once took a 700 mile, 5 drop (tailgated every unit of plants) load over a 48 hour period and was given a 3100 mile run right after. It may not seem like the best thing at the moment, but doing the short runs can likely set you up for a nice long run.
That is not too bad of a load 700 miles in 48 hours. The load my husband had was around 900 miles and he got it Monday afternoon and did not get it finished until Friday :sad: And he did not get to pick up another load until Monday. But I have a feeling that they will be giving him good loads for while now. . .At least I hope so. It would have been better had he gotten one 200 mile run and then a long one but oh well that is life.

I see you moved to the Tri-Cities! I lived there long long ago for a couple years. Wait until the hydroplane race week...it gets packed there. The hydroplanes are cool to check out though.

Goin Fer It
Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband made his bonus of .01 cpm last month We received it on his last check. This check will be small but he will be getting an extra $50.00 for taking the driver to Spokane to pick up the abandoned truck.

Yesterday my husband drove approximately 645 miles. He stayed in Omaha , Nebraska. He is hoping to make it to the drop in New York before 2:00 p.m. on Friday so he can at least get unloaded. Then Monday morning he will just have to pick up and tarp and not unload. He still has 1234 miles left to go on this trip so it will be cutting things close. We will see by Friday if he makes his drop as he desires.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
That is not too bad of a load 700 miles in 48 hours. The load my husband had was around 900 miles and he got it Monday afternoon and did not get it finished until Friday :sad: And he did not get to pick up another load until Monday. But I have a feeling that they will be giving him good loads for while now. . .At least I hope so. It would have been better had he gotten one 200 mile run and then a long one but oh well that is life.

I see you moved to the Tri-Cities! I lived there long long ago for a couple years. Wait until the hydroplane race week...it gets packed there. The hydroplanes are cool to check out though.

Goin Fer It
I didn't think it was that great. 95 degrees in the shade, dragging extra wide pallets over a reefer floor with 1 1/2" rocks everywhere stopping easy rolling of the pallet jack wheels. The nursery where it was loaded had picked up some gravel while loading the trailer. I drank so much water and soda that day. I would drink 2 bottles while dropping off 5 pallets, then another one once in the truck. Drive to the next drop and repeat. Ugh.

But 900 miles over 5 days is world class crap! That was scheduled or a complete breakdown of the plan that was in place?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I didn't think it was that great. 95 degrees in the shade, dragging extra wide pallets over a reefer floor with 1 1/2" rocks everywhere stopping easy rolling of the pallet jack wheels. The nursery where it was loaded had picked up some gravel while loading the trailer. I drank so much water and soda that day. I would drink 2 bottles while dropping off 5 pallets, then another one once in the truck. Drive to the next drop and repeat. Ugh.

But 900 miles over 5 days is world class crap! That was scheduled or a complete breakdown of the plan that was in place?
Your load does not sound like it was fun. The 900 miles actually it may be 950 was about four different trips back and fourth that they had put him on.
This was not good in Flatbedding because most of the shippers and receivers quit early and they are not open on the weekend so he could load and drive to the drop then he would have to wait until the next day to get either unloaded or reloaded. His DM gave him the loads as his regular dispatcher was off that day. He thanked him more than once for taking it....as I said before this check is going to be bad...but hopefully he does not get that type of load or loads that often.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband drove quite a few miles yesterday. He made it to Toledo, Ohio.
His plan last night when I spoke with him was to get up around 2:00 a.m. and begin driving. He is hoping to get to his drop around noon today. I will not know if he made it and has received information on his next load until later this afternoon. So until my next update take care.

Goin Fer It's Wife