LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: starting orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboit33
well gee you go out easter sunday and im there on Friday the 10th for 3 day orient., if they come get me from the airport and i might need help to lose this earing i've had in my ear for 24 years if i can still get it out
Good luck and keep us posted!! and YES, DO remove the earing!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:40 AM

What is TMC's policy regarding New York driving?
If I remember right, I thought we had a recruiter come out and tell us that we would not be forced to drive to New York is we didn't want to. Does that sound right?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super 8
What is TMC's policy regarding New York driving?
If I remember right, I thought we had a recruiter come out and tell us that we would not be forced to drive to New York is we didn't want to. Does that sound right?
This is true. But keep in mind TMC pays a $100.00 "borough fee" if you do WANT to take a load into one of the five boroughs.

At TMC there is no "forced dispatch" Drivers have load choice, unless, of course, you get unloaded late at your destination and all the other drivers have snapped up the "choice" loads then you might get stuck with a less-than-desireable load. For example; If the only load left is from Kentucky to NYC and you just happen to be the only driver IN Kentucky AND it's the last load left to choose, then GUESS who's going to NY?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
This is true. But keep in mind TMC pays a $100.00 "borough fee" if you do WANT to take a load into one of the five boroughs. then GUESS who's going to NY?

LOL, fred are they offering a helmet and bullet proof vest with that? J/K, glad to hear your getting out on the road. I gota lot of internet respect for you dude, BOL & enjoy.

I'm glad to see that the TMC boys (militants :wink: :roll: )are back at it again, you guys rock
Old 04-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFlyinphoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
This is true. But keep in mind TMC pays a $100.00 "borough fee" if you do WANT to take a load into one of the five boroughs. then GUESS who's going to NY?

LOL, fred are they offering a helmet and bullet proof vest with that? J/K, glad to hear your getting out on the road. I gota lot of internet respect for you dude, BOL & enjoy.

I'm glad to see that the TMC boys (militants :wink: :roll: )are back at it again, you guys rock
Hehehe Thanks Flyin'..... Hardhats YESS!!! but no vest yet. :cry: However TMC DOES offer a chrome 50cal. machine gun option :twisted: on their 379's. I hear its mounted flush in the front bumper and allows the driver to "shoot 'em in the knees"
Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Board Regular

Well last weekend I attended the Driver issue meeting, even though I am a trainee... Alot was brought up about some of the stuff the company is trying to do in the future. I got to meet Tim Annett, nice guy. He asked how my training was going to date, basiclly everything is great right now. It was amazing to see all the different loads that the drivers had from John Deer loads to well everything. My trainer walked with me asking if there was anything different that I would have done. I will say that the company is looking at getting 30 new trucks in a week, and some stuff like Pre-Pass was addressed and right now the company is testing in the Long haul division, but plans to role out to all as soon as possiable.

I will say this about the training. Listen to everything that the trainer has to say, remember you are green and he is the veteran driver, like mine that has seven years BTW. just learn everything that you can, but you do have a support network within the company and other drivers. Don't listen to the negetives but find out for yourself. Also you might be able to get home every week while with a trainer, depending on what division he works. Like my trainer he is specializedrunning step decks and RGN's which he wants us to runn the last two weeks training. Whatever division you decide on stay with it for a year so that you can get better for the future.

Truck 81221

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Default Everyone gets a trainer

I went to orientation for TMC a few weeks ago and everyone got a trainer except for the 1 O/O in our class. I have been driving for 15 years now and I have pulled everything except for a skateboard. I got a trainer myself for a couple of weeks. Most trainers have 387 Petes or t800 KW's. These trucks have double bunks unlike the 379 that you get after training.
I have to say that I am glad that I got to train with someone. I didn't realize how much work goes into load securement. I thought that you can just drop it on the bed, throw a couple of straps/chains and go down the road. Boy was I wrong. TMC not only wants you to secure by what the federal law say but they also want the load extra secured. This will save your life or anothers and keep stuff from falling off of the truck. I learned alot from my trainer and I will learn even more on my own.

One more thing.....when you goto Des Moines take a bathing suit and your laptop. The Baymont Inn that TMC owns has 1 indoor (warm) pool, 2 hot tubs, a steam room, 802.11G wifi and a game room with pool tables. The restaraunt at TMC is only open for lunch so plan to order in or eat vending machine food. (hot pockets, stew, and junk food) Ask for a rent car to get you there and see who you can pick up along the way.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Grats on the trainer Golds

Old 04-15-2006, 09:47 PM

well i finally got a break this week from training oh by the way i can still get it done

5 loads 2675 miles unloaded no later than 0730 every morning and did a little more than 4200 to the truck

so 4 to the truck is highly obtainable every week
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker
well i finally got a break this week from training oh by the way i can still get it done

5 loads 2675 miles unloaded no later than 0730 every morning and did a little more than 4200 to the truck

so 4 to the truck is highly obtainable every week
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Joker,

you are my hero... I want to be like you when I grow up :P :P :twisted: :twisted: :P :P

Truck 81221

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson