User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It might be worth noting that archeology has referred to these texts as well and with their help, did locate a few locations for dig sites. And, I know that there is one that is using these texts to try to locate the Garden of Eden. Personally, I don't think he's going to have any luck since it seems that mankind is never to be able to return there.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The bible as we know it {the Canonized} is not the whole thing.. That is putting God in the box that certain men wanted him to be..
What WindWalker is talking about it the uncanonized version, that has all the writings including the apocrypha. All of this including other beliefs and mythos are just like there predecessor the sumerian mythos.

Abraham cam from Ur, which was in Sumeria Maybe he was the only one to still hear the Annanuki. I really don't know, but I do know that God does not belong in a box, I myself spent many years holding Him in there for my own ideal of him. But have come to realize that God is just to big for that box, and most Christians will not adhere to the Truth cause it don't fit in there box of God.

God does what he wants, he is not bound by Law, but at times has been know to subject himself to his law. If he where bound by a Law of His own, it would be not to deny himself. Thus he cannot Sin for that is the root of Sin is unbelief.
I myself question God all the time, becuase I tend to lean on my own understanding. I do not see the use or the whole picture of why it has to be this way or that. When God can just do it the way it should be..
You say free will is the reason why! There is no free will!! when it boils down to it.

Yeah we have free will to choose or not, but not without consiquences. WHat kind of free will is that? It is not! That is saying do this or die. He has unconditional love, but with conditions. THat is contradictory. But we are the horse drawn to the carrot that dangles in front of us. and we call that faith and hope. And maybe one day the love of god might let you have that carrot, as long as you give up you free will, then he will love you unconditionaly with his conditions..

That is religion in a nutshell. That is the bassis of amost all beliefs including Christianity..
I see God totally diffrent than those, but that is for another time.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
So, you see... I did not make any of it up.

And, Bloo... If you follow the link in my previous post, you'll see that it refers to them living in caves.
I never thought you made anything up, WW...I have not studied up enough on any of it. I don't think living in a cave makes a caveman, though. I figured there were other people on the earth along with Adam and Eve. I am not trying to oppose here. I find all the information presented very interesting. I will go to that link!

Humphry Davy
Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Board Icon

There is another site that gives a full reading of "THE FIRST BOOK OF ADAM", "SECOND BOOK OF ADAM", "THIRD BOOK OF ADAM", "FIRST BOOK OF ENOS", etc. I've been looking for it, but with no success. Slim and I had a short exchange and I think I sent him that link too. Don't remember. You could spend the next 3 weeks reading it and still not get done.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose View Post
I never thought you made anything up, WW...I have not studied up enough on any of it. I don't think living in a cave makes a caveman, though. I figured there were other people on the earth along with Adam and Eve. I am not trying to oppose here. I find all the information presented very interesting. I will go to that link!
We tend to think of Neanderthal as a cave man, but the fact is that Neanderthal, and Cro-Magnon both had working societies. They didn't simply communicate with a series of grunts, but had a language and writing. Since Homo-Sapien did not come on the scene until 6,000 BC, any text priior to that would have come from Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal, or both.

I had been looking to see if there was a correlation between the end of Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon, and the Great Flood. According to the Bible (and those who interpret it), the Flood occured about 2345 BC. Archeology states that it happened 500 years earlier, which would make it 2845 BC. But, so far, the evidence suggests that Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon both died out when Homo-Sapien came along. It would stand to reason that we (Homo-Sapien) are a product of the two. And, the Flood would have insured that we, via Gilgamesh, survived while the rest would have perished in the flood. The dates do not match, but then again... I'm very certain that all the evidence is not in yet.

In the end, both MUST coincide. You can not have an earth created by GOD that has already existed. The constants of nuclear decay do not change. The rate at which daughter elements are formed do not change. So, calculating the age of something beyond carbon-dating is still quite accurate.

Obviously, GOD, being a perfect Being, is also not wrong. As originally written, the Inspired Word of GOD would have to have been accurate in it's original form, and in the understanding and terminalogy at the time. So, the wild-card here is Man. After how many times it has had to be translated, and copied, man has introduced errors, either by not being able to copy word for word, or by misunderstanding terms used in a previous language and text.

In the end (and many of us may not be around by then ), I believe science will not refute the Bible, but instead, it will uphold the Bible. But, errors introduced by man will stand corrected.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland View Post
The bible as we know it {the Canonized} is not the whole thing.. That is putting God in the box that certain men wanted him to be..

What WindWalker is talking about it the uncanonized version, that has all the writings including the apocrypha. All of this including other beliefs and mythos are just like there predecessor the sumerian mythos.

Slimland
A simple point of debate, Slim....

As we discussed once (with my Dad's help,) the Apocrypha and other books were not "cannonized" because they simply didn't rise to the level of "certification" that the other books did.

This is NOT "putting GOD in a box." It is, if anything, putting MAN'S writings in a box.

ANYONE could have written anything they wanted, and claimed it was "inspired" or truthful.

The books that are included in the Holy Bible are the ones that could be "certified" as being true to gospel, and inspired by God (and mostly written by his apostles.) If the Catholics are good at ANYTHING.... it is research and authentication! :lol2:

This does not mean that I wouldn't find something interesting in the Apocrypha.... IF I ever took the time to read it. I am only saying that I don't find that the "cannonized" version of the Bible necessarily puts GOD in a box.

I think those who rely on "other writings" are searching for something they can't FIND in the Bible. I have no problem with that. I like to read Plato and Socrates.

In general though, I agree with you that MAN can never understand the enormity of GOD.... IF there is such a being.

In truth, however.... I believe that ALL history is "revisionist." ALL writings are perspectively biased. ALL "theories" are just that.

Anyone who lives their life based on what they were TOLD to believe, has already surrendered FREE WILL.... and risks losing at least SOME part of their potential.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Board Icon

The fact that I take more than a passing interest in archeology does not mean I do not believe the Bible. However, I find it interesting that the Bible refers to Nephilim as "The Sons of GOD", and says that they were evil. Before he died, Sadam referred to the United States as "the Great Serpent of SHATAIN".

"And, there were giants upon the earth in those days".

While Neanderthal was only about 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall, Cro-Magnon was between 8 and 9 feet tall. I believe they would have qualified as "giants". While Neanderthal was shorter, he was also stocky and strong. Cro-magnon, on the other hand was slender, and more agile. From everything I've read in the Bible (and in nearly every version of the Bible), the unions between the Sons of GOD and the daughters of man was not approved of. My guess is that there may have been a number of confrontations between them. However, Neanderthal would have been throwing stones, and had wooden spears that didn't leave their hands. They would have had to be next to their oponent and jabbed them with it. Cro-magnon, on the other hand, had throwing spears, and a device that the butt of the spear would rest in, and when thrown, would add distance to it. Clearly, Cro-magnon would have had superior weapons in any confrontation.

TO THE "VICTOR" GO THE SPOILS...

If Cro-magnon came away victorious from any confrontation with Neanderthal, what spoils would he have been interested in? Cro-magnon already had more advanced weapons and tools, so most of the spoils of Neanderthal would have been left behind, except perhaps, for the skins, and the women. When I look at later societies, such as Egyptian, or Roman, those spoils were made slaves, not wives. However, man's instinct being what it is, the Neanderthal women may also have been sex slaves.

When MacArthor said "I WILL RETURN", he evacuated, but left a number of nurses behind. They were raped repeatedly by the Japanese Army.

When Africans were brought here as slaves, the movie "ROOTS" only showed one woman being forced into sex with her master, but if the truth be known, I'll bet many of them were, and many of them, repeatedly, and many also got pregnant that way.

It is quite possible that births among Neanderthal Women with Cro-magnon men outnumbered the births of Cro-magnon women with their Cro-Magnon husbands.

Speculation: If you cross a small dog with a St Bernard, you get a dog that's somewhere in between in size, and looks. If you cross Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal, you get Homo-Sapien???

Something else that I found interesting:
Quote:
Who Were the Nephilim?
Another logical interpretation for the ''Sons of God'' is they were other created men. It is largely assumed that Adam and Eve were the only humans created in the beginning, but the Bible does not describe every person on earth, nor even everyone that was important to God. Only key individuals or situations are included within the text, and we can not say with certainty that God only created one pair of humans.
There is also a fable, or myth (what ever you might want to call it) about "Lilith" being created the same time as Adam. Although, the way the story goes, it sounds a bit far-fetched, they say that since it has survived through time till now, it may have some value. Supposedly, she was able to speak GOD's true name, rise up into the air, and fly to anywhere she wanted to go. Makes me wonder why Adam could not do the same. Did his tongue get tangled up in his eye teeth?

But, archeology does bare out things in the Bible. Cro-magnon was tall, and for anyone up to 6 feet tall, would be thought of as giants. (I admit, I would really like meeting a Cro-magnon woman. Someone else's turn to get a crick in their neck from looking down into my eyes.)

Referring to them a evil would sound a lot like what happened during King Author's Crusades into the Holy Land. In the eyes of Islam, they represented the Devil. Even today, anyone with blue eyes carries the mark of the Devil. (And, that includes me. Naima's father would like to have killed me.)

I believe what we are reading in the Bible is the Neanderthal version of it all.

Quote:
The genetic variation at the microcephalin gene, a critical regulator of brain size whose loss-of-function by damaging mutations may also cause primary microcephaly, is claimed to be the most compelling evidence of admixture thus far. One type of the gene, dubbed haplogroup D having an exceptionally high worldwide frequency (~70%), was shown to have a remarkably young coalescence age to its most recent common ancestor ~37,000 years ago. The remaining types (non-D) coalesce to ~990,000 years ago, while the separation time between D and non-D was estimated at ~1,100,000 years ago. An evolutionary advance was assumed, even though positive selection was never as all-decisive as to wipe out the remaining 30% of non-D haplogroups (in which case no introgression could have been suggested) and as for now, a measurable genetic advance has not been attested.[6]
Both the worldwide frequency distribution of the D allele, exceptionally high outside of Africa but low in sub-Saharan Africa (29%) that suggests involvement of an archaic Eurasian population, and current estimates of the divergence time between modern humans and Neanderthals based on mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), are in favor of the Neanderthal lineage as the most likely archaic Homo population from which introgression into the modern human gene pool took place. [7][8]
The case for fertile reproduction was recently revived by studies that claim signs of admixture (introgression), finding unusually deep genealogies in highly divergent clades (genetic branches). However, most of the times this feature can be explained by balancing selection. For instance, estimates on the gene for red hair vary from 20,000 to 100,000 years ago[9][10], though there is no compelling evidence to assume red hair didn't coexist with other hair colours all along within one and the same population. Moreover, Lalueza-Fox and colleagues found a different variant of the same gene in their Neanderthal samples, that similarly disabled a protein to the same effect
Considering that in that era, there was no "social code of conduct", laws regarding sexual offenses, the victor in any confrontation would have been free to do as he pleased. However, it seems that Cro-magnon lead a hard life. Evidence has been found that a few survived with vertibrae in the neck fused from injury, and it is believed that their society took care of the injured. Is it possible that Neanderthal didn't go quietly after all?

What I have not been able to find is the origin of Cro-magnon. Were they actually an off-shoot of Neanderthal? Or were they another evolutionary branch.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

penn & teller: the bible is BS

there are three parts to the episode. that is the first one. the points brought up in the episode are pretty much the same that i've brought up in the past, and back in high school.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
penn & teller: the bible is BS

there are three parts to the episode. that is the first one. the points brought up in the episode are pretty much the same that i've brought up in the past, and back in high school.
I see that "penn & teller" describe it as "bullcrap". That would be just a bit less than accurate. The fact that archeology uses both it and the Quran to locate sites for digs says that it is a actually a fairly accurate record of history. Biased, perhaps, but a record none the less, with discriptions of locations and events. Whether they have anything to do with GOD is something you have to make up in your own mind.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

i think we all go to bababooeyland after we die.

Tags
don't believe it at all, don't know much about it, historical record only, word for word