User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm hearing BYU and SMU both join the Big 12 and everything is fine. Ain't buying that though. I would not be surprised if OU looks to the Big 10 instead of going West to the Pac-12. I think Texas ends up as an Indy and that is why they are talking with BYU, not to ask them to join the Big 12 but to ask questions about being an Indy. The rest of the Big 12 teams will just be SOL. It's a real mess in Big 12 country.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Senior Board Member

It is a mess. I haven't heard anything about OU going to the Big 10, of course, "they" don't ALWAYS check with me before making a decision anyway:roll:, it's so annoying:lol:. I think if we do leave it would be the PAC-12. I guess we'll know in at least 3 weeks.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Board Icon

I would not be surprised if OU took OSU, ISU and Mizzou with them wherever they go. Nobody in what's left of the Big 12 are happy with UT. Saw a blurb the other day that said OU or OSU was looking to do their own network TV deal. But, for where they land I would call the Big 10, join back up with Nebraska and some regional battles with Iowa, Minny, etc.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

One of our local sports radio guy's got on his soapbox today and really made alot of sense to me. He doesn't unerstand why OU wouldn't want to go to the SEC. Who cares what everybody else is doing. You want to go and compete amongst the best, and OU is ONE of the best. I personally would rather see the Auburn's, LSU's, Georgia's, Tenn's, Florida's of the football world here at Norman than I would with what's available in the PAC-12. Also, playing in the PAC-12 would suck big time as far as kickoff times for us here back in Okielahoma. Like he said, they would be doing their post game shows at 2:00 in the morning back here and who is going to stay up and listen to that? I DO listen to them now but I wouldn't if it was that late.

I just thought he made alot of sense and I think I would rather go to the SEC. Are we going to win the conference championship 7 out of the past 12yrs? Shoot no, but it would be a much better league and a better fit for us I think. We are football crazy around here just like they are down there, but out west, it's just something to do for them. They said less than a 1000 Arizona fans showed up at the O-State game last night for their spanking. Maybe that's why, they knew what was going to happen. Anyway, I'll be pulling for the SEC here at my ranch.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Too close for comfort. A real nail-biter. Of course I missed the last 5 mins cause I was on my way to work, but at least we won. Man those guy's can frustrate the crap out of me. Are we a #1 team? I think Fla State beat themselves, penalties, int's, etc. We were very lucky. If we played a Bama or LSU and we played like we did and they didn't make any mistakes, major ones anyway, we would get a spankin. We have a long way's to go.

Texas looks like they kind of have their act together. Could end up being a better game than what I had thought a couple of weeks ago. Some good games today.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Board Icon

Expect a slugfest if OU plays Bama or LSU, real low scoring game. FSU was using a backup QB and hanging on, they had a fabulous D but their O still isn't there. FSU showed they are legit for that lofty preseason ranking. Thought an upset was in the works when they tied the game and forced a tough OU punt out of their own endzone. Instead FSU gave it right back on a unbelievable INT and OU put the nail in the coffin.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Board Icon

I got to see some of the 1st half, and most of the 2nd. It stormed here Saturday evening, and my dish kept losing it's signal. issedoff: I
In spite of playing at FSU, I thought OU's D did well. There were a couple of plays where OU had blown coverages, but they held their ground, when needed. I think that's the hardest hitting OU D I've seen in a good while. I felt sorry for FSU's receiver that took a facemask in both ear holes. :hellno: I didn't see the hit live, my dish was looking for the signal at that point, but I saw the replay. If those OU defenders did that on purpose, it was uncalled for. I like big hits, but there's no need for that.

As far as OU's O, it looked like they couldn't get their normal hurry up going. They got the job done, but not like they normally do.
I got a little nervous when it was tied up in the 4th.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I think if OU were to get on the field with anybody in the top 5, maybe the top 10, they would get a thourough beat down. They aren't even close to being in the same league with Bama, LSU, Clemson, Auburn, or even Wisconsin......and I'm an OU homer! I've been saying this for years, OU does not play with the same passion that the great teams play with. Sometimes I think they think just because they are OU they are suppose to win, they don't have to "earn" it. They are so Ho-Humm about the way they play and it pizzes me off to no end. I think it is a reflection of their head coach. About the only time you see Stoops get excited is when one of his players does something stupid. I'm not saying Stoops needs to go, they just need a little more excitement in the way they play.

Some of the games I saw saturday left me with my jaw hanging open. There are some great teams out there. When the SEC teams really get into the meat of their schedules with each other it's going to be fun to watch. A&M has an eye opening experience ahead of them. Wisconsin is the REAL deal, on both sides of the ball. Baylor, what can you say, Griffin doesn't throw an INT all year and he chose the wrong time to get his first, K-State deserved the win. Texas looks like they have their act together, I was disappointed in Iowa State, ought to be a good game next Saturday, OU vs Texas. Bama might beat some bad NFL teams, they are amazing, their defense anyway. Hard to believe we've been through 5 weeks already.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

OU isn't getting any love by the AP. The coaches still like them over LSU but it's much closer this week.

I've noticed the same thing with OU, no killer instinct. They had had from behind and put the boots to Mizzou before letting them back late. Put them out of their misery.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Senior Board Member

OK....So TT comes in here and humiliates OU on their home field and then they lose the next week to IOWA STATE! 41-7! WTF!!! Georgia Tech hasn't been playing worth a crap the past couple of weeks and they make Clemson look like a Div II school, WTF! Wisconsin....Who I thought would go to the BCS title game, loses 2 in a row, WTF! OU goes to K-State, starts out like gang busters, let K-States QB run all over them for a quarter, then come out and play like the best team in the country! WTF!

A sad side note, we lost Dominique Whaley for the season....broken ankle, and it was ugly. First play of the game and K-States linebacker Brown rolls up on him from behind while he was blocking, man, did it look bad. I feel for Whaley, hopefully he'll come out of this OK.