User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
On a side note, even though both teams suck and dont even deserve a bowl, as a Buckeye fan and homer you couldnt get a better game then Florida. How fun is that?
Your right there. It could turn out to be a good game.

I won't be watching the National Championship game simply because I can't stand Les Miles and almost feel the same way about Saban, just no interest what so ever. If it had been a "rematch" game between two different teams I would probably watch.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I was surprised to see the Gator take an SEC team since that's normally an ACC-Big East game over the last 10-15 years.
Or we could say its normally a West Virginia beat down. I'm sure they wont mind not going this year!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Nother year, ranked #4, Lord help us! Got my season tickets back this year! Can't wait. I'm really looking forward to the Notre Dame game. I might even be able to score OU vs Texas, won't know for a little bit though.

Mr.Ford, my buddy who was at North Carolina is now the O-Line coach at Tennessee. I've talked to him a little bit but he's a little busy right now. Say's he loves it there so far and is looking forward to the season. They come to OU in '14 so we'll be able to actually speak face to face.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Board Icon

Yeah, we cleaned house in the off-season with all the crap hitting the fan. He got out while the gettin was still good IMO and I don't blame him. I only hope that the new head coach from Southern Miss is willing to hang tough for the long haul because this new crap certainly wasn't known at the time of his hiring. It's gotten real deep real quick, rumor's are circulating that UNC could see football and possibly basketball shutdown(very doubtful IMO since it was school wide, not just athletics.)

Think OU can take the Big 12 this year? WVU looks like they could be a real threat in their first year. God that's just odd to say, West by god Virginia could knock out Texas and OU in the same season in conference. Of course you can't look past TCU either. Looked real good last year in what should have been a rebuilding year.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I think they can, take the Big 12. WVU is definately their biggest threat, especially since the game is in Morgantown. Alot of the "experts" think OU will walk through the Big 12 season but I know better. We have OSU at home this year, finally, so that is a positive. With Weeden gone and a true freshman taking over it's a rebuilding year for sure, although their have been glowing reviews about his performance, (Lunts). OU's strongpoint this year may be their recieving corps believe it or not. Troy Metoyer and the kid that transfered from Penn St are supposedly AWESOME. Sterling Shepard, a freshman is drawing heaps of praise, and a few others are drawing good reviews. Landry's just going to have to figure out who his favorite is going to be.

Hopefully I can score the OU-Texas tickets and I'm really looking forward to the Notre Dame game.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Well.....you can scroll up a few posts and get pretty much how I feel about this past Saturday, and probably go through some others and it pretty much cements how I feel about this team right now and the past 4 or 5yrs. They JUST DON'T HAVE ANY HEART! I think I have figured it out and I think I have probably stated it before. STOOPS! He's just so matter of fact about things. He doesn't get "excited" about anything. He's almost too calm, if there is such a thing. All summer and now after the last 3 games, he just refuses to put any blame on Landry Jones. Landry Jones stinks! Plain and simple. He's got most of OU's passing records but he STILL stinks! Our local sports writer put it pretty plainly. Jones hasn't had a good game clear back to last year. He just looks totally lost. If his first read isn't there he just falls apart and it's like he doesn't know what to do.

Kenny Stills is a P**S! All 3 games this year he has either short armed passes, stopped on routes, or caught a pass and gone straight to the ground because he thought he was going to get hit. He did ALL of those Sat night. If I were Stoops I'd sit his butt on the bench. Jones spends ALL of his time looking for him. I don't know if he is trying to replace Broyles with him or what. Whatever it is it isn't working. Jones is VERY mellow also. He isn't RAH, RAH at all. I think that plays into things also. Blake Bell is constantly roaming the sidelines and when he's in the huddle he's always trying to get everybody fired up, not Jones.

The play calling......UHG! We started out like gangbusters running the ball with Whaley and then we stopped doing that. We get into a rythm with the hurry up and then they stop doing it. One of the backs gets hot and they take him out of the game. One of the recievers gets hot and they stop throwing to him. KEEP DOING IT UNTIL THEY STOP YOU! The natives are really starting to get restless. I know, we're spoiled, but when you have the Bama's and LSU's and Oregon's of the football world, it's hard to be mediocre, well a little above that. We could/probably will lose 4-5 games this year unless we get our act together. I have an oppurtunity to go to the OU vs Texas game but I hate to spend the time and money to go if they are going to play like they did Sat night.

It's not just me. As a matter of fact, most of the people around me are worse in their feelings about everything. It's really getting frustrating to watch guy's who act like their heart isn't in it.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Board Icon

It seems as if OU can't jump on an opponent early and often they will be in big trouble. K-State is not that bad of a team. It definitely looked like they wanted it more. I don't think it's that OU is laying down or doesn't have the heart, it seems as though the entire team falls apart if things don't go according to plan. Remember, this OU team smoked FSU in Doak last year, the difference, OU jumped on FSU early and often. IIRC it was 35-0 before you blinked. K-State was able to hold it close and pretty much shutdown OU when they needed to. Then again, OU had a chance to score an easy TD and fumbled it away at the 1. That may have been enough to beat K-state had they got in.