User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What does the President's record have to do with anything about truck drivers drinking on the job and doing drugs.

Most of this with the president happened a long time ago, long before he was President.

A lot of drivers used to drink while on the job to get to sleep after popping pills to stay awake for days on some cross country run. So what?

That was then and this is now and attitudes and the laws have changed a lot when it comes to DUI and doing illicit drugs.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
The problem I had with this thread was it's tone toward a guy who has done the right things and seems to be getting his act together. Why ridicule him? I do not advocate substance abuse of any kind, which is my point.

For those of you wondering, I've been sober since Nov 17, 1992. I know of what I speak.
Sorry, but I must respectfully beg to differ here:

I see absolutely NO indication that he is in any way "getting his act together"

First off, saying "*#*^@ y'all" to those who said he'd never drive again does NOT sound like a person who's really learned from his mistakes. G-Man specifically asked him if he was driving again, and has yet to receive a reply from him.

Sorry, but this dude is just another stoned loser, and I applaud everyone who has exhibited a "zero tolerance" attitude toward him.

Peace, Useless
[/quote]

Point well taken. Upon further review, I guess I agree.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
What does the President's record have to do with anything about truck drivers drinking on the job and doing drugs.

Most of this with the president happened a long time ago, long before he was President.

A lot of drivers used to drink while on the job to get to sleep after popping pills to stay awake for days on some cross country run. So what?

That was then and this is now and attitudes and the laws have changed a lot when it comes to DUI and doing illicit drugs.
This started with the quote, 'I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than drive with Ted Kennedy'. Made me scratch my head so I replied. Kind of took off from there. Don't know if this is right thread to keep it going, so will let it rest for now. The info is out there, although many of the records have been scrubbed. You can put 2 & 2 together if you think it through a bit. Same with the Cheney shooting. Bird shot from 30 yards would have peppered the man from head to toe. Instead, he was hit in the head and chest. That would seem to be a shot of 5-10 yards at best. He was drinking at lunch and then waited to report shooting. Bodygaurds turned away local law enforcement when they showed up that night. Is it possible he needed to wait for his BAC to return to .000? Plus, in his press conference, the victim said the shooting happened on Friday. Was this an error or did the victim let it slip out? If it was Friday, it makes the whole thing that much more curious. I would bet the farm our boy Dick was half in the bag, which brings us back to alcohol and its effects. So there ya go. 8)
Old 02-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Senior Board Member

no the shooting was reported with in five min acording to the sheriff report it was not reported to the white house press core for what 18 hours? why was that? because of a law called hipa it is the right to privacy and if the patient does not want to be known to the public tuff.
medical care was given with in 2 min law enforcment was there with in 30 sec secret service is law enforcment. Cheney was using a full chock and that keeps the shot pattern very tight. So Teddy was drunk having an affair drove off the bridge walked away from the scene of the accident went to sobber up tide came in and drowned the woman. 20 hours later he reports this accident? All I am saying is if he could walk away from the scene why could he not call the police? might have saved a life. But his reputation was more important. no medical attention called for no law enforcement called he went to sleep off the booze. Hmm big differance.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
no the shooting was reported with in five min acording to the sheriff report it was not reported to the white house press core for what 18 hours? why was that? because of a law called hipa it is the right to privacy and if the patient does not want to be known to the public tuff.
medical care was given with in 2 min law enforcment was there with in 30 sec secret service is law enforcment. Cheney was using a full chock and that keeps the shot pattern very tight. So Teddy was drunk having an affair drove off the bridge walked away from the scene of the accident went to sobber up tide came in and drowned the woman. 20 hours later he reports this accident? All I am saying is if he could walk away from the scene why could he not call the police? might have saved a life. But his reputation was more important. no medical attention called for no law enforcement called he went to sleep off the booze. Hmm big differance.
Sources??? Methinks a little too much Rush and Hannidy.

I also have to wonder why some are so willing to say crimes and coverups of the Bushies are old news yet continue to bash ted Kennedy. Isn't Ted's little adventure old news? Why does he scare you? Your party has been in complete control for 5 years (60% of federal judges are conservative, supreme court is all yours now, Republican House and Senate - that makes all three branches of government neo-conservative), and I ask a simple question: How's your life, family, and standard of living been going? Let's see...9/11 was on Bush's watch (please stop the excuses), the hurricane Katrina fiasco, a war against a country that didn't attack us, treason by outing a CIA agent in charge of tracking WMD's, fuel prices, decrease in standard of living, unions broken, cuts in education and veterans benefits...get it yet?

One more thing: where's Osama?

These guys are hoping you'll get so wrapped up in idiology you'll ignore your day to day life, selling off the country while you're not looking. It's called voting against your best interest. Personally, I'd rather have the eight continuous years of economic growth and rising standard of living over a stupid debate about gays and abortions that have nothing to do with me or my family.

By the way, until the last two elections, I voted republican. Don't confuse me with a far left wacko. 'Preciate it.
[/b]
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM

Kennedy is very much recent news especially when he grills supreme court nominees on ethics talk about the pot calling the kettle black !

kennedy doesnt scare me but the people who keep electing this murderer are the ones that scare me.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Personally, doing better now than ever before, and I'm certainly not in the rich, elite class. But thanks for askin'.

Seriously, let's get back to the topic. Politics should have their own thread. :?

Old 02-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes back to thread because ALL politicians are liars, crooks and murderers or will be....'nuff said...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Rookie

10 - 4
Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Yes I do drive a truck, my point was just because you made a mistake does not mean yo canot drivw again. It may take a while but keep your head up life is not over. AND YOU SUPER TRUCKERS WHO SAID I WILL NEVER DRIVE AGAIN AND SAY YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT SHAKE
F&#@! YOU 8)