User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: a 2nd chance from weed

[quote](EDITED: Strike Two. Having healthy discourse is great. Differing opinions are what makes conversations interesting. But keep the name-calling to a minimum. On this board, we tolerate very little of it.) [quote]

Hey - e1 here are calling each other "truckers" and in some circles, that's a great big insult. :wink:
Old 09-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
...And to hell with us who told him all he will do is flip burgers.
Whats wrong with flipping burgers? I'm sure Howard Stern flips burgers at his multi million dollar mansion as he torches his blunt. I also know quite a few lawyers and Realtors and mortgage brokers and a few of the more elite professionals do too, while they flip burgers in their back yards.

Again, I ask, whats wrong with flipping burgers?
Old 09-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Board Regular

[Quote}Bottom line, if you're going to smoke pot, you've no business being on the road. PERIOD. If you have a problem with people pointing that out, you're part of the image problem that many drivers are trying to fix.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with this statement.

Like I told my little brother - who is now doing graduate work at Morgantown, Know when to party and when to work. If you want to smoke weed, go to college and get a good education. That way you can smoke weed all you want. (When you're the employer you get to do what you want, with the exception of pi**ing off your client base - if you want to stay in business.) If you want to drive with a CDL, the law says its illegal. When it becomes legal, smoke all you want. However; if your driving stoned or drunk, stay off the roads with that big truck please.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy
You know what i thought truck driving was over for me. But listing to all you super truckers out there you know who you are who give advice of paper or plastic, or you want supersize with that order. %$%# yall. But i would like to say thank you anyway that kept my head up to take it one day at a time.

PEACE OUT 8)
Good for you! I'm glad to see someone turn their life around.

Keep clean, and drive safe bro!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Rookie
Default Re: drug test

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedw80
:sad: I FAILED A DRUG OCT. 2003 FOR CELADON. THAT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES I EVER MADE. DOING DRUGS COST ME A LOT OF MONEY AND CRIPPLED MY CAREER. I NO LONGER DO DRUGS. ITS BEEN 2 AND A HALF YEARS AND ITS STILL HARD FOR ME TO GET A TRUCKING JOB BUT I DID IT TO MYSELF. I WENT THROUGH DEPRESSION AFTER LOSING MY CAREER BUT I BLAME MYSELF. I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING BACK TO OTR DRIVING. GOD BLESS THE HARDWORKING MEN AND WOMEN DRIVING TRUCKS EVERYDAY. I NEVER DID ANY DOPE AND DROVE BUT I STILL DID DOPE. NOW I HAVE TO DO MY TIME OUT OF THE TRUCK FOR IT. TO YOU GUYS GETTING HIGH IN THE CAB. IT AINT WORTH IT. GODSPEED
Good advice man. Thanks for your post ~ it's nice to see some positive comments around here, rather than the ones from others that think they're better than most because they never had drug problems.

Cheers!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy
You know what i thought truck driving was over for me. But listing to all you super truckers out there you know who you are who give advice of paper or plastic, or you want supersize with that order. %$%# yall. But i would like to say thank you anyway that kept my head up to take it one day at a time.

PEACE OUT 8)
Happy, how did you test positive? Were you in the room where people were smoking weed, was there weed in the brownies, was the test wrong?

did you retest negative within 72 hours or did you go through a program?

These guys are all over you for a reason. Drug users will usually do anything to get drugs. I hope that you have really learned from your incident. Habits are hard to break and if you are over 21,22,23 years old and still smoking weed, YOU WILL DO IT AGAIN. Good luck and stay off the big road.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Rookie
Default room wiht people smokin

You would have to be with the people smokin weed for hours on end to fail a test from second hand smoke.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Rookie

[quote="happy"]You know what i thought truck driving was over for me. But listing to all you super truckers out there you know who you are who give advice of paper or plastic, or you want supersize with that order. %$%# yall. But i would like to say thank you anyway that kept my head up to take it one day at a time.

Yes it is me again happy somebody caught a feeling and banned me 4 using #@$% o well still driving making money. and i see somebody feel into the drug trap of a failed test well keep your head up stay clean and u will drive again and to you super trucker haters HAPPY NEW YEAR form happy
peace out

PEACE OUT 8)[/quote 8) :lol: 8)
Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, Happy New Year back at you, Happy2!!

Stay clean!!