User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy

AND YOU SUPER TRUCKERS WHO SAID I WILL NEVER DRIVE AGAIN AND SAY YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT SHAKE

Sorry to hear that you are driving again; you shouldn't be!! You are a very fine example of a bad example; the kind of "driver" (and I hesitate to call you a driver) who tarnishes the reputation of the hard working people in this industry.

F&#@! YOU 8)

I'm not a moderator, and for that you can be thankful; I would have banned you for that remark, no matter how you type it out. There is a certain decorum that you are expected to maintain, but I don't think that "decorum" translates into Ebonics or Ghetto-Speak, so I doubt you even know or care to know the meaning of the word, much less have any respect for the rules of the board, even less for other people, and no respect for yourself.!!

Why don't you just crawl back under your rock until you can learn some manners??
Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy

Yes I do drive a truck, my point was just because you made a mistake does not mean yo canot drivw again. It may take a while but keep your head up life is not over. AND YOU SUPER TRUCKERS WHO SAID I WILL NEVER DRIVE AGAIN AND SAY YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT SHAKE
F&#@! YOU 8)
Hmmmmmm!!! Let's see now..... G-man asked if you were driving again, and that was on Monday, February 13, 2006. Now, here it is, June 3, 2006, and you are just now getting back to us with an answer........Hmmmmmmmm!!!!
So..... how was it in jail??? :P
Old 06-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Hmmmmmm!!! Let's see now..... G-man asked if you were driving again, and that was on Monday, February 13, 2006. Now, here it is, June 3, 2006, and your just now getting back to us with an answer........Hmmmmmmmm!!!!
So, how was it in jail??? :P
My sentiments exactly :lol:

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 06-04-2006, 12:28 PM

The only truck he should be allowed around is the one he's chained to pulling him down the road.

Oh, for those of you who don't care for the current administration in office, November 2008 isn't that far away. Till then, I guess you'll just have to suck it up and drive on. :wink:
Old 06-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
What does the President's record have to do with anything about truck drivers drinking on the job and doing drugs.

Most of this with the president happened a long time ago, long before he was President.

A lot of drivers used to drink while on the job to get to sleep after popping pills to stay awake for days on some cross country run. So what?

That was then and this is now and attitudes and the laws have changed a lot when it comes to DUI and doing illicit drugs.
This started with the quote, 'I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than drive with Ted Kennedy'. Made me scratch my head so I replied. Kind of took off from there. Don't know if this is right thread to keep it going, so will let it rest for now. The info is out there, although many of the records have been scrubbed. You can put 2 & 2 together if you think it through a bit. Same with the Cheney shooting. Bird shot from 30 yards would have peppered the man from head to toe. Instead, he was hit in the head and chest. That would seem to be a shot of 5-10 yards at best. He was drinking at lunch and then waited to report shooting. Bodygaurds turned away local law enforcement when they showed up that night. Is it possible he needed to wait for his BAC to return to .000? Plus, in his press conference, the victim said the shooting happened on Friday. Was this an error or did the victim let it slip out? If it was Friday, it makes the whole thing that much more curious. I would bet the farm our boy Dick was half in the bag, which brings us back to alcohol and its effects. So there ya go. 8)
:roll:
and we never landed on the Moon :roll:
You probably don't even have a Farm to bet with
You're a Fool with Your Ballistics-Even with Bird shot a shotgun blast at 5-10 yds with pretty much guarantee an Instant Fatality.
Keep getting your info from your Lib websites will make you a Fool every time.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Board Icon

Call us "SUPER-TRUCKERS" if you want. Fact is, there are commercials out on TV that talk about how a driver of a car caused the death of his own brother. The instances of using and driving are all around you if you look. Not a matter of being a "SUPER-TRUCKER", but a matter of trying to make the hiways as safe as we can. The guys (and gals) that use and think they can drive are closing their eyes to the reality. If it clouds your judgement, it impairs your ability to function, and makes you a hazard on the road. And, it's not just illegal drugs, but even over-the-counter medication that makes you drowsy, too, that have no place behind the wheel. So, you studied too hard for a UA. And now you're driving again. That's not a victory. It's a defeat.

Come to think of it... I didn't see what you are driving... I pickup truck with a horse trailer????

Old 06-05-2006, 05:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
[Windwalker"]Call us "SUPER-TRUCKERS" if you want. Fact is, there are commercials out on TV that talk about how a driver of a car caused the death of his own brother. The instances of using and driving are all around you if you look. Not a matter of being a "SUPER-TRUCKER", but a matter of trying to make the hiways as safe as we can. The guys (and gals) that use and think they can drive are closing their eyes to the reality. If it clouds your judgement, it impairs your ability to function, and makes you a hazard on the road. And, it's not just illegal drugs, but even over-the-counter medication that makes you drowsy, too, that have no place behind the wheel. So, you studied too hard for a UA. And now you're driving again. That's not a victory. It's a defeat.

Come to think of it... I didn't see what you are driving... I pickup truck with a horse trailer????
I feel the same way about the clowns who drag the extra large cases of beer through the parking lots and hop in their trucks and drive away. Its one thing to park a truck and take a cab or walk to a club and have a couple during a period of time where the driver is shut down, but the drivers who guzzle beer or booze in the trucks are just scary.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Rookie
Default drug test

:sad: I FAILED A DRUG OCT. 2003 FOR CELADON. THAT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES I EVER MADE. DOING DRUGS COST ME A LOT OF MONEY AND CRIPPLED MY CAREER. I NO LONGER DO DRUGS. ITS BEEN 2 AND A HALF YEARS AND ITS STILL HARD FOR ME TO GET A TRUCKING JOB BUT I DID IT TO MYSELF. I WENT THROUGH DEPRESSION AFTER LOSING MY CAREER BUT I BLAME MYSELF. I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING BACK TO OTR DRIVING. GOD BLESS THE HARDWORKING MEN AND WOMEN DRIVING TRUCKS EVERYDAY. I NEVER DID ANY DOPE AND DROVE BUT I STILL DID DOPE. NOW I HAVE TO DO MY TIME OUT OF THE TRUCK FOR IT. TO YOU GUYS GETTING HIGH IN THE CAB. IT AINT WORTH IT. GODSPEED
Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Board Icon

I've never hunted ANYTHING - don't like killing animals for sport - so I may not know much about what I say, but....

I, too, would think that even birdshot at 5 yds, if a direct hit, should have dang near took his head off!

Here's what I think may have happened. When Cheney turned and fired, he was probably expecting the fowl to be up into the air somewhat. I woud think that the "aim point" would have been somewhat above and to the side of the victim's head. Therefore, he probably only got hit by one small "sector" of the pattern, and it didn't extend past his head and shoulders.

To say that even birdshot at that distance, whatever it was, would pepper him from head to toe, implies that he was taking dead aim at the man's chest.

I don't care much for Cheney, but I doubt he was trying to kill the man right in front of the Secret Service Agents.

just my 2 cents.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Board Icon

I know you don't know shotguns or shot Patterns but Even with Birdshot at close range the pattern would still be Very tight and birdshot would NOT be from head to Toe-At close range it would be a Hole.