User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin View Post
Many good points presented in this pissing match. I'm not gonna get into it. I laugh to think that there are actually people that would talk like they post other people in real life.
Many do talk that way in real life, mostly behind a mic though, which is why my CB is usually turned off, especially anywhere near a truck stop. This thread is an excellent representation of why I usually refrain from posting. It seems that all too often the discussion degenerates into name calling and other third-grader-like behavior. I’ll not attempt to lay blame at the feet of any one poster here, but don’t you think that everybody’s time would be better spent on more productive activities than name calling and ridicule? A lot of the problem is not in the message itself, but the way it is expressed. Other’s may not, but I try to respect everybody when I do make the rare post. If I think somebody is doing something foolish, I find it is more effective to not call them a moron, but relate from personal experience why I disagree with them. When you tell somebody they’re an idiot (even if they are), you have lost the battle in trying to make your point with them because they will not listen to anything you have to say after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin View Post
Either way, 1/2 the o/o's I know (not talk to in truckstop) say T3000 works, and 1/2 say it doesn't. 50% success isn't enough to make me buy one.
I feel the same way. The Turbo 3000 certainly did nothing for me, as I have already posted. Thankfully I had no money invested in it except two fittings. In this case though, there are so many people who do believe that this product works for them that I am hesitant to completely dismiss it as junk. All I know for sure that it did not work for me and after spending a lot of time on the phone with Andy, I still do not understand any way this device could positively affect fuel economy. On the other hand, I have to admit to being somewhat ignorant of exactly how a fluid under pressure reacts to changes made in the fuel line.

I am always a little hesitant to believe the fuel economy figures of others, because after talking to many in this industry, I have found that most have little understanding of how to accurately figure fuel economy nor do they understand the factors that can affect fuel economy such as winter fuel, cold or extremely hot ambient temps, wind, terrain, hot fuel, weight of load, driving speed, etc.

Last edited by Musicman; 11-10-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
You are an asshole, Big Diesel. You won't let anyone forget that! I'm sorry for your family.
Looks like you were told the same thing at the " messiah of trucking's" site too...... :lol:
Old 11-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Looks like you were told the same thing at the " messiah of trucking's" site too...... :lol:
There were a couple like you, Diesel. One called some of us morons, another called us retarded.

What was so different is how many people were helpful and respectful even while dealing with their own frustration. Did you notice that, Diesel? That's something new for you.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
There were a couple like you, Diesel. One called some of us morons, another called us retarded.

What was so different is how many people were helpful and respectful even while dealing with their own frustration. Did you notice that, Diesel? That's something new for you.
I am not the one who was dumb enough to shell out 300 + bucks for a hollow metal tube that does not work .........:moon:

Then shocked and mortified when one realizes they got snookered.........
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
I am not the one who was dumb enough to shell out 300 + bucks for a hollow metal tube that does not work .........:moon:

Then shocked and mortified when one realizes they got snookered.........
Nope, you're the one so miserable that you have to bitterly belittle people as if that somehow sets you higher. Hey, I know it's not personal, anyone who frequents this board can see that's your mode of operation, that's just generally how you treat people. You're about the only one who does it on this board, but we all know how it works, we can hear it anytime we turn on a CB.

Against common sense, I trusted someone. You're so miserable it's very clear your life is fraught with mistakes as well. This time my mistake is out in the open and it's a perfect opportunity for you to reveal for anyone who cares to see just how desperately you need to find someone doing worse than yourself. I can be magnanimous Diesel, I'm not one of the poor souls who has to live with you.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Board Icon

lowrange, you are just as bad as BD. Several of us are trying to steer this thread right back to where it should be, and your only desire is to derail it again.

Take it to PM or STFU.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Your contributions to the thread, Rev:

1) defend Big Diesel's caustic personal attacks

2) try to prevent me from defending myself by accusing me of acting like a moderator and now just telling me to STFU in a thread I started.

Are you guys lovers?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Do any of you guys drive or just sit in the truck stop hitting the refresh button waiting for the next post to be made?

BTW, Rev wins cause he's rev.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 AM
Board Icon