Old 11-24-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Two things:

1) Big Diesel, that's the most excellent avatar ever, don't change it!

2) I got about $270 back of the $370 I paid to have the TA install it. At first they weren't going to reimburse the installation kit but then relented. TA agreed to uninstall it for free but wouldn't give me the money back for the labor on the installation.

I had it on for about 7,000 miles, the driving conditions were similar. I got .17 mpg less than before it was installed.

So, for about $100 I bought the right to call Kevin Rutherford every name in the book. The funny thing about his website, he evidently cheats his listeners and guys still hang out there. Some have spent countless hours with numerous units trying to get the thing to work. It's terrible, somebody should have to pay.
Now...You could go with this system, http://www.dieselinjection.net/fass/index.html , and actually see an improvement in your MPG. Of course, you could just install a good two-phase water seperator, with an electric fuel pump mounted between those filters and the primary fuel pump on the engine. The electric pump would do what the turdblo3000 purports to do, increase the pressure on the fuel rail. Which is all the F.A.S.S. does.