User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by person
What is that next to your microwave? Nosey minds want to know.
Dust Buster
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Sodbuster, the printer and everything else is secured by very wide industrial Velcro. It's like 2 inch wide and the glue is sooooo sticky it's hard to get it off your fingers if it sticks to you.

I think I scale around 32,600 now so I can't have full tanks any more if I want a 48,000 pound load. The Rigmaster put me over the edge but from what I understand, the gov passed a law allowing people with an APU to scale 80,400 but not all states have adopted the new rule.

I spent the whole day yesterday loading up and tarping the load from Hell. It's another crane from the company I've hauled many for before. It was very treacherous walking on the top and I didn't get out of there until 7:30 then drove home. It's only 40 miles away from where I live and I was a complete wreck soaked from head to toe. There was no way I wanted to get into my nice clean bed after that plus I forgot the charger for my laptop!!!

Once again I told management about how they prepare everything for shipment and this time I had everyone down looking at the load. There will be motors scratched, panels dented and loose parts will be all over the truck by the time I get there. They have one guy in shipping where a normal company would have an army to prepare this load. The top dog finally just threw in the towel and told the others it was a fact of shipping and will deal with the damage on arrival as always. Every single crane I've delivered as a lot of damage and they just leave it up to their field person putting it together to fix everything.

So, I'm off in a bit to Longview Washington. I don't think I can drive much further than that without ending up in ocean. It's raining out and before I leave I have spots where my tarp is pulling out and flapping in the wind. I was hoping to get a clean start so depending how dirty I get I may end up back home changing before heading out.

I'll take more pictures of the inside Person and post them when I get a chance. I'm very picky about keeping the inside clean and tidy. I even go over the floor with a tape lint picker after I vacuum to get every last bit of dirt.

Hey Scyth, I know what you mean about coming home and sitting in front of the computer with your jammies on. I look forward to that after being out for a long time. I usually make it a point to park in the far back of a truckstop if it's clean rather than the front. Since I stop so early I usually get my pick of spots. It's funny, I can be the only one in a huge lot parked in the back and it's real quick that I draw other flatbed owners parking next to me. It's kind of cool, everyone else has a nice clean and neat truck and I think we all want to be safe. Sort of like my car when I go to the mall. Either I come out to find BMW's and other expensive cars parked around me or I park next to them and walk the 1/2 mile to the entrance.
Longview is 36 miles North of the Oregon/Washington border on I-5(Exit 36). From there to the coast is about another 60 miles West. Let me know what day you are arriving and I'll be careful not to run into your red racer. I'll also see what I can do to order a rain storm for your arrival. :shock: :wink:

Old 10-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Going back to the IFTA topic, the people that do mine said something that I didn't understand. I called to ask if I have to include the mileage for personal trips, like when I'm home and taking it to and from the shop. She said yes and that it works out better for me.

I'm thinking the higher the mileage the more tax I have to pay, but she said something about bringing down the MPG or something like that which didn't make sense. According to her I am getting more than 7mpg which the state of Florida doesn't allow.

I personally write down the miles when I cross state lines. Just a habit now. Do you add the miles when you are taking to and from the shop and other personal trips?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Senior Board Member

You're supposed to include ALL miles your truck travels. I've never heard of a state disallowing mpg above a certain level and certainly not only 7 :shock: In any case, including those miles will increase your mpg, not decrease it. Maybe you'd better do your own IFTA from now on :lol:
Old 10-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes No_worries more miles increases the mpg ops: I actually don't mind paying these people. I'm not home and seems like there is always stuff coming in the mail from Kentucky, New york etc and now something about they are changing the Single State system; I just tell the wife to stick in the envelopes they provide and send it all to them. It's $38 a month.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Senior Board Member

LOL, I just meant that if you're going to pay someone to do what amounts to basic math, they should at least be able to do basic math. I don't blame you for paying someone to do it, makes life a bit easier.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 AM

I include all miles on my IFTA. After I've run through all my trips I've made I add anything left over to my home state. That left over amount is me going to the shops, wash and fuel. My true mileage has been 5.6 and 5.7 for the past 2 quarters. Like I've said before, this is your TRUE mpg, not what people say they get when going from point A to point B on a particular trip. The IFTA will show your TOTAL overall average which includes those 4.7 mpg runs and the 7.0 mpg runs and idling your truck for 50 hours for the quarter.

It will be interesting to see my year end MPG average after I go through a winter now that I have the Rigmaster.

Hey Scoe, what was your home address again? Is there room in your driveway to park my truck? I'll be dropping off my load on Tuesday morning first thing and will probably take the rest of the day off and get a load on Wed. I did a search and freight seems good for a flatbed in that area so it shouldn't be a problem getting out. I'll probably head to the nearest big truck stop in the area so have your wife make me something good and drop by. I go to bed at 6 so SHOW UP EARLY!!!

I'm sitting in a service plaza in NY on Rt 90 at the moment and will head out in another hour or so. I pushed the delivery back 1 day before I loaded up so I could do 500 miles a day instead of 600. I'll do my 600 if I can but I don't like to plan a trip with 600 in mind. It's doable but makes for a more stressful trip.

I was going to head up and do Rt 94 instead or Rt 80 across but realized I would hit more hills so it's Rt 80 most of the way. It's not a huge difference in miles and I've never been that way before. Oh well. Better off to take the flat ground. I'm sort of light also which is nice. I think I'm around 28,000 or so and no problems with any of the hills. I should do pretty good with my mileage on this trip.

See you in a bit Scoe.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I even go over the floor with a tape lint picker after I vacuum to get every last bit of dirt.

Oh good grief.... :shock: :roll: :wink:

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
I even go over the floor with a tape lint picker after I vacuum to get every last bit of dirt.

Oh good grief.... :shock: :roll: :wink:
He's a little AR.....ya think

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
He's a little AR.....ya think
I've been told that many times. I even line up my remotes on the coffee table at home before going to bed.

I'm also glad most people don't know what you just said too!!! HA!
Closed Thread