User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

One has to remember that some hobby truckers, pro tourists, people who spend way to much on a truck and will never see a return their money, will never make any real money int his business........
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
One has to remember that some hobby truckers, pro tourists, people who spend way to much on a truck and will never see a return their money, will never make any real money int his business........
Maybe your right but I think your wrong. One thing is for sure, I know I'm happy and I know the pro tourists are happy. Me thinks you are not. Maybe you should give moving office cubicles a try?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 AM

I was bored so I figured I would take a picture of the shelve I mounted for my printer to make room for my microwave. Everyone likes pictures. Too bad Doghouse is holding back!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM

Steve: thanks for the info on broadband. Do you have your printer secured to that shelf?? Also how much do weigh full of fuel, with all that sfuff you carry seems you might be pretty heavy? I weighied my rig the other day full of fuel and weight was 32360# :cry: But I have an all steel 45' trailer setup to haul a forklift. And only can carry 200 gallons of fuel.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I would rather be a pro tourist or a "hobby trucker" and ENJOY life and all it has to offer rather than have my nose to the grindstone and run run run. Sometimes you have to just stop and smell the roses!! Life is short, I treat each day like there may be no tomorrow. There is so much to see and do....why not get paid to have FUN and work too??

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

He who lives to work hard hasnt been to enough funerals.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Board Regular

I like to see interior setups. Steve do you have pics that show more? Or anybody w/ anything different at all?

What is that next to your microwave? Nosey minds want to know.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
why not get paid to have FUN and work too??

tootie
the worlds oldest profession at it's best :lol:

Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Board Regular

Awsome set-up steve. I remember when you first started posting on CAD and look at where you are now. Well done my friend! Actually,, well done to all of you! I wish I had the ability to go O/O but I'm not tuff enuff to be on the road all the time anymore. I like my 10 hr days in my daycab and sitting at my computer in my jammies at my apartment eating healthy homecooked food. Not to mention having a girlfriend with a son who likes me.

I still think about the times I spent on the Pennsylvania turnpike camping out like a gypsy and the runs through northern Idaho. But I can't get past the filthy truckstops and the scum you meet on the road. You all have my admiration and respect. You're all heroes in my book.

Drive safe and good luck to you and your businesses.

Chris
Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM

Sodbuster, the printer and everything else is secured by very wide industrial Velcro. It's like 2 inch wide and the glue is sooooo sticky it's hard to get it off your fingers if it sticks to you.

I think I scale around 32,600 now so I can't have full tanks any more if I want a 48,000 pound load. The Rigmaster put me over the edge but from what I understand, the gov passed a law allowing people with an APU to scale 80,400 but not all states have adopted the new rule.

I spent the whole day yesterday loading up and tarping the load from Hell. It's another crane from the company I've hauled many for before. It was very treacherous walking on the top and I didn't get out of there until 7:30 then drove home. It's only 40 miles away from where I live and I was a complete wreck soaked from head to toe. There was no way I wanted to get into my nice clean bed after that plus I forgot the charger for my laptop!!!

Once again I told management about how they prepare everything for shipment and this time I had everyone down looking at the load. There will be motors scratched, panels dented and loose parts will be all over the truck by the time I get there. They have one guy in shipping where a normal company would have an army to prepare this load. The top dog finally just threw in the towel and told the others it was a fact of shipping and will deal with the damage on arrival as always. Every single crane I've delivered as a lot of damage and they just leave it up to their field person putting it together to fix everything.

So, I'm off in a bit to Longview Washington. I don't think I can drive much further than that without ending up in ocean. It's raining out and before I leave I have spots where my tarp is pulling out and flapping in the wind. I was hoping to get a clean start so depending how dirty I get I may end up back home changing before heading out.

I'll take more pictures of the inside Person and post them when I get a chance. I'm very picky about keeping the inside clean and tidy. I even go over the floor with a tape lint picker after I vacuum to get every last bit of dirt.

Hey Scyth, I know what you mean about coming home and sitting in front of the computer with your jammies on. I look forward to that after being out for a long time. I usually make it a point to park in the far back of a truckstop if it's clean rather than the front. Since I stop so early I usually get my pick of spots. It's funny, I can be the only one in a huge lot parked in the back and it's real quick that I draw other flatbed owners parking next to me. It's kind of cool, everyone else has a nice clean and neat truck and I think we all want to be safe. Sort of like my car when I go to the mall. Either I come out to find BMW's and other expensive cars parked around me or I park next to them and walk the 1/2 mile to the entrance.
Closed Thread