User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What the hay!! It must of rained and shrunk that parking lot!! I have never had a problem parking at Jubitz. 48 foot, 53 foot or Truck & a Pup.(4 axle truck-4axle trailer,75 feet).

Rank...that 12,000 pund load you found for Steve...was it a short partial or full load??

Couple 12,000 pound partials with it, would make a sweet return.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Rank...that 12,000 pund load you found for Steve...was it a short partial or full load??
I hear ya but it was a full trailer priced like a partial LOL.

I think he got a better deal but let's wait for the update. :lol:
Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
I hear ya but it was a full trailer priced like a partial LOL.
Haha!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:40 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yup, I'm loaded. I headed out right after talking to the broker. She said it was 2 20' containers weighing 45,000 but the scales said it was 22,000 so that was cool.

I only had enough time to load and hit the sack. It was 7:30 by the time I pulled over at the first rest area. 6:00 is my bed time.

So the Canadian Ranker came through with a decent paying load. I wonder where he'll send me next?

So either PM me or send me email with your address Rank and I'll send you your commission unless you have Paypal which I can do also. Better yet, if you have a fax machine I can scan in the money and fax it to you.

So I'm off to Wyoming near the beloved Rock Springs. I have a little over 800 miles to go and will do maybe 500 today and the rest the next day and deliver at 8:00am.

I'll tell ya one thing, if anyone wants to just waltz into the country undetected, Longview Port is the place in Washington. No security at all to speak of.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
So the Canadian Ranker came through with a decent paying load. I wonder where he'll send me next?
NH by way of OH?

Delivering 0800 Thurs or Friday?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
NH by way of OH?

Delivering 0800 Thurs or Friday?
Sounds OK to me. Delivering on Thursday morning. I'll be there when they open.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Senior Board Member

LOL check your girl out.

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....etect=&abc=abc
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 PM

My poor baby. She's so misunderstood. She needs to come home to her trucker daddy and spend a little time in NH.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Yep, we made it to Portland this AM and were unloaded and off to load in Eugene by 3pm. We are taking some crane stuff down to Phoenix AZ for Monday.....nice drive down I-5.....we already have the itenerary ready!! :lol:

We were hoping for a few days off in Portland :sad: but our freight god found a REALLY GOOD rate that we could not turn down.

Hopefully out of phoenix we can load back up to the Portland area.....I hope! :wink:

drive safe Steve and we will talk to ya soon....

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Lets see, were did I leave off. Oh yea, it was a dark moon lite night and Paris was dressed to kill as usual. Oh wait, that was a dream during my nap.

Got up pretty early this morning and made my last leg to Fort Bridger Wyoming. There's a T/A there so I pulled in there, had some breakfast and still had a 3 hour wait before the 8am unload time. Went back to my truck and figured I would take a nap but couldn't sleep. Went outside to dump some trash and this pickup truck is coming at me. Come to find out it's the construction manager for whom I am delivering for.

The job site entrance is right next to the T/A and goes into the desert. He said he always rides through to see if anyone from his company is there with a load and he noticed me.

So, off we go into the desert on a dirt road for miles and miles and miles. Off in the distance I see a wind mill farm with at least 100 wind mills. I guess right in this area the wind starts around noon at 40mph and continues on until morning. He said it starts at 40mph and sometimes hits 80 mph and they all wear full face gear and paint ball goggles.

I unload my containers and back to the T/A. I sit around for a bit and the phone is ringing non stop from brokers. Keep in mind, this is the Rock Springs area which is normally bad. The rates were OK but I figure I'll try my negotiating skills. That didn't go well. Click, click, click is all I heard.

Then I get a call to haul some onions back to the east coast for a decent rate and say I'll take it. I get setup with the broker and head out to pick up the load. I only went 5 miles on the highway and the broker calls back and says the load was taken by someone else and the customer never bothered to tell the broker!!! Oh well, back to the T/A.

So now the phone isn't ringing anymore and that's that. I figure I'll stay there the night so I go inside to get something to eat. I find out the showers are all out of order for some reason. Well, screw that, hop in my truck and I head 40 miles down the road to Little America.

Then I get a call from one of my, lets say, female associates. Oh great, how come your weren't in that frame of mind when I was home...Dip stick, thanks for calling.

So I post my truck as available for tomorrow and see what happens. I have a broker at U.S. Express who has been following me. Brokers must be able to track individual drivers when they post there trucks. I have a feeling she will be able to come up with a load for me tomorrow.

I turned down a lot of loads this morning trying my hand at getting what I wanted and the rate. Not such a good idea. I don't want to be stuck here all weekend.
Closed Thread