Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBankHank View Post
Don't know who those people are. My friend at Ryder simply stated that there are no accounts of that size in South Florida. Merrick4 is lying to you.
We are not going to get in to arguing again. Merrick4 has been on this forum for a number of years. He has always conducted himself in a professional manner. What he has done is plausible. Not everyone has the determination and drive to become successful. You seem to have a great interest in his business. What he chooses to reveal about his business is up to him. We won't put up with baiting or all the back and forth. I don't have much patience with those who only seem to want to start an argument.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I was able 15 years ago, just choosed not to. And i do believe, i've already bought my last truck. Anyway it is not a toy, rather a tool for me. And if price of your truck is the only thing, that separates you from a boy, you've got a lot of growing to do....
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

BigBankHank sounded familiar to me, after he brought up that last bit of bullpucky,
and I don't think this was his first banning here.

​……...….ban voyage

Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

He can't seem to control himself. Under his previous name, BigD, he said that he owned several reefer truck that he ran under his own authority from Portland. Under his latest name, BigBankHank, he said that he has a big bunk truck that he has leased to Reliable for the last 12 years. About the only thing that is consistent is his personal attacks and name calling. He only seems to want to attack others. I am not sure that he is even in this business. Some of his posts sound more like an out of control teenager than a grown man with many years experience. In any case, he should seek professional help to deal with his problems before he harms himself or perhaps others.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Boy this thread has always been dull almost. I have just tried to kept to facts etc. I actually remember BigD and the Portland thing. That was several years ago. Amazing how childish grown men will act. It was a little entertaining though, some people on here are pretty witty. Is this what goes on with the CB's? I never used mine unless it was needed by a shipper/receiver. In the truck stops I'd hear it start and then I would just get up and turn it off.

Well thanks again to all for their kind words. It's been a rough week. I have 3 trucks down due to weather and Ryder completely and utterly screwed me and I'll know tomorrow but I might get hit with a massive claim due to Ryder's inability to get to a truck and fix it. I guess the fuel froze or something. As you've said GMAN this certainly is a love/hate business.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

We have had a few who have acted childishly over the years. It is mostly the same few who come back after being banned. They are usually easy to spot. I was suspicious after the first post or two. It can liven things up, but tends to drive members away. There used to be some of that type of thing on the CB. Most don't even talk on it any more. I have talked to drivers from coast to coast in the old days. We used to have some really interesting conversations on the CB. These days drivers are more apt to want to argue than just talk. The exception is when there is a major traffic jam. Then you have about 50 drivers who had their CB's turned down until traffic stopped and they all want to ask the same question.

I am sorry to hear about the down trucks. I keep a bottle of high alcohol (91%) in the truck. It can prevent the truck from gelling in some instances. I will pour about 1/2 a bottle in each tank. You could put an entire bottle in each tank. One thing some do this time of year is buy fuel in those really cold states. Each region treats their fuel for their area of the country and their weather. When it gets this cold I usually buy fuel in the colder climate. It this cold weather having heaters in your tank can really be a help, too.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Under his previous name, BigD, he said that he owned several reefer truck that he ran under his own authority from Portland...
Who called it? Leopard, spots, and all that jazz.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Actually no_worries, I did notice that and was wondering how you knew?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Hello Rob,

Glad to see the fine was worked out. I had a similar issue in Sagola MI. Keep up the hard work and let the nay-sayers nay.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Those who have never achieved success assume that those who are successful are either lying about their success or have cheated and stolen their way to the top. They think that others could not have possibly achieved success the honest way. After all, the accuser was not able to achieve success, so they assume others can't be successful. I am very happy for your success, Merrick. I also appreciate your posting about your progress, good and bad. As you know, all businesses have their ups and downs. Things don't always run smoothly. It is how we handle the bumps along the way that makes the difference. Most members come to this and other trucking forums to learn from those who have achieved success. It helps to learn from those who have been there and done that. I hope you continue to prosper and grow your business as much as you want.

Tags
read