User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 02:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am sorry to hear about the problems. I used to read all your posts years ago. It seems that things were looking up for your company then. It is a shame that the lawyers and the court system can so easily make life hell for a person who works hard to start a company and provides employment for other families. I was hoping to read that your success was continuing.
I remember in 2010 when I started my own company and got my own authority that somehow, like a light switch turned on that all of a sudden all kinds of other businesses, assumed you were instantly rich and you needed or wanted to buy all their products and services, or local and state government, and regulatory institutions start sending threatening letters assuming you are trying to rip them off. It seems to me the government with their regulations are not much different than organized crime extorting money from business people just so they can stay in business. All perpatrated under the guise of safety, because heavens, who can argue that we all have to as safe as we can possibly be. Well i guess the safest we can be is to sit home and watch tv and collect unemployment and disability, or call a lawyer to sue someone that has worked hard and made some money for themselves. Everyone of them wants their percentage. Or else.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Boy this has gone quiet this board. I’ve been out of trucking for over a year now. I got out at the tail end of the freight recession so missed the upswing that I hear about out there now
This is a brutal business but at least I walked out and wasn’t carried out as I always said I wanted to.

It feels nice to not have to worry about if my phone is going to ring. And for the last year I’ve learned a ton. If I knew then what I’ve learned now on more sophisticated financial strategies; I’d be set for life.
I haven’t worked since I left and am ok for now but I’m keeping my options open. Done a little traveling. Tried another busiess venture and like I said I’ve been learning.
People are trying to pull me back in. I get a knot in my stomach when it’s mentioned but as they say, never say never.

Last edited by merrick4; 09-18-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Tags
read