User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
DD, Have fun at home. was it hard to adjust to the huge bed, no noise and comfort? :lol: I told my wife being able to wash my hands, touch the counter and use the same toilet was soooooo nice. :wink:

I still can't do any of my honey do's. I got to drive my wifes car today and she wanted to go to the bank. I drove up to the ATM machine and had a hard time keeping my arm extended to do the deposit and withdraw transaction.
I've been thinking about just saying forget it I need to get back to work, I can live with the pain.... but heck if I can't keep my arm out for 30 seconds how in the hell am I going to be able to drive, strap or tarp a load. I need to get fixed.... and it's slow in going.... I think everything is just screwed up....I think it's partly because I live in CA with busy doctor offices moving slow, the Insurance bean counters might be moving slow or not wanting to approve my MRI and It could also be it's the holidays, people are taking time off.... How ironic.... my screen name is dewercs2... read it backwards as "2 screwed" :lol: it's now happening.... :lol: Oh what the hell..... I'll be fixed soon, if not then time for a lawyer.... but atleast I am alive

pb
It has been awesome to say the least to be home with the family. I spent 22 years sailing the high seas and spent anywhere from a few days to 14 months away. Everytime I returned home it felt great, but for some reason this time being home feels even better.

When I was in Missoula last, I spoke with "C" and she asked how you were doing, I relayed what you told me at the time and how you were waiting on the insurance to approve the MRI. She seemed a little baffeled at why they were taking so long. I told her to call you and get the straight story. Did she ever call you? If not, I would call her if I were you. Maybe she can do something to help speed the process up????
Old 12-21-2007, 08:32 PM

DD,didn't ask you,but what kind of truck and trailer did you settle on? Maverick has a good deal on trailers.They are all 96" wide and 45' or 48' long.Can see them on their website.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
DD,didn't ask you,but what kind of truck and trailer did you settle on? Maverick has a good deal on trailers.They are all 96" wide and 45' or 48' long.Can see them on their website.
2001 Western Star 4964EX with a 12.7 Det 500hp and a 2003 Transcraft Eagle II 48x96 spread
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Board Regular

DD,
I tried calling C today but she's was out till after Xmas. I spoke with P instead. She was trying to tie up a few loose ends and she wanted to sneak out of the office early, so I made it brief and pleasent.I wished them all a Merry Christmas and got off the phone. P did ask about you. She said that she had seen the Pix's you had posted on here for me and was still amazed by them. She's such a nice lady... I'll miss that about this company, They are all so nice...

Orange.... I think you are right... Funny though... When I was trying to duck and make myself smaller, the seat felt like it was trying to push me out. I assume it was the compress air doing it. I'm glad there was a seatbelt to not let it fully extend.
I think I need to come up with something. I figure a small retractor operated by a switch which would be actuated whenever a roll over occurred? Could make lots of $$$... I just need to hook up with the right people...

pb
Old 12-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
DD,
I tried calling C today but she's was out till after Xmas. I spoke with P instead. She was trying to tie up a few loose ends and she wanted to sneak out of the office early, so I made it brief and pleasent.I wished them all a Merry Christmas and got off the phone. P did ask about you. She said that she had seen the Pix's you had posted on here for me and was still amazed by them. She's such a nice lady... I'll miss that about this company, They are all so nice... pb
Dang, well hopefully when she gets back from the holidays she'll be able to help you out. And I agree, one of the biggest things I enjoy about Davis is how everyone is so friendly and supportive. I like the fact that they truely believe that the drivers are the backbone of the company and that they consistantly re-enforce it everyday.

You know, out of all the drivers there, you were the one I seem to cross paths with the most. Seemed like if I was at a TS you'd pull in or vise versa. Gonna miss those chance run in with ya. Hopefully I'll see you out there some day.

Anyways, even though you may not physically feel that great, I hope that you and your family have a wonderful and joyfull holidays!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Senior Board Member

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 03:33 AM
Board Regular

Happy Holidays to you too devildice. I love reading your journal. It's very informative. I don't drive, but was thinking about it. I just retired from GM this year after 30 years of service, and collecting a pension at 50. Was always interested in driving. Had an uncle that went OTR then O/O. Used to ride with him during the summer months, when I was in high school. I was going to take up trucking then, but GM came along and the sound of a pension sounded pretty good. Uncle and I were going to truck together once I retired from GM, but a crash took his life back in '90. So I might give trucking a try because I want to, not because I have to. I'll always have the Unk riding with me. Drive safe
Old 12-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
Happy Holidays to you too devildice. I love reading your journal. It's very informative. I don't drive, but was thinking about it. I just retired from GM this year after 30 years of service, and collecting a pension at 50. Was always interested in driving. Had an uncle that went OTR then O/O. Used to ride with him during the summer months, when I was in high school. I was going to take up trucking then, but GM came along and the sound of a pension sounded pretty good. Uncle and I were going to truck together once I retired from GM, but a crash took his life back in '90. So I might give trucking a try because I want to, not because I have to. I'll always have the Unk riding with me. Drive safe
Happy Holidays to you as well hitman i am glad that you enjoy reading the thread. I am sorry about your uncle but you're correct when saying that if you start driving he will be right there with you. If you decide to enter this profession, I wish you the best of luck and if you ever have any questions that I can anwser feel free to ask away.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Happy Holidays DD.Nice way to spend the winter with this weather,rather than being up north in the snow.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Happy Holidays DD.Nice way to spend the winter with this weather,rather than being up north in the snow.
thanks and happy holidays to you and yours. I am glad to be down here were its warm but in about a week I'll be in the thick of things :?