User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:shock: :shock: Wow! That is worse than I had imagined even with your and your wifes description! You are very blessed dewercs2 as is your family.

I just can't help but wonder if that truck was fixed up from the one accident up here on the I-90. My husband said from what he saw of the truck it was just the one side and looked like it could have been fixed.

The driver of that truck was not thrown from the truck but actually it is rumored that he died inside the truck. I don't know if you have heard the rumors but my husband said he believes the rumors are true from driving by it that day and seeing it first hand. Just an eerie thought.

DD

I am glad you made your trip saftely, it sounded like quite the ordeal. I know about roads with ice and grades.....we almost lost the moving van when we moved up here :shock: :shock: and ours is just a short one compared to what you went through. Glad you are safe and no one else will be going up it.

You are not allowed to forget about your CAD family while you are at home! Hey you have a wonderful thread here and everyone is waiting with anticipation to see your new truck!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
DD

I am glad you made your trip saftely, it sounded like quite the ordeal. I know about roads with ice and grades.....we almost lost the moving van when we moved up here :shock: :shock: and ours is just a short one compared to what you went through. Glad you are safe and no one else will be going up it.

You are not allowed to forget about your CAD family while you are at home! Hey you have a wonderful thread here and everyone is waiting with anticipation to see your new truck!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Thanks and of course I could never forget about my "CAD Family" I will post pics of my truck soon.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Board Regular

Thanks GFI'w. Yeah that was a trip I had.
I don't think the truck was fixed from anything. It was a real nice truck and all parts were original from what I can tell... The truck was totaled from what I was told.

pb

DD have fun at home....
Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Dewercs2,

Was there ever a determination on the cause of your accident? Just knowing what you wrote about it, I assumed that your right steer was split open by that hub you saw and then all hell broke loose.

Have a good heal-up!

Creek
Old 12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Board Regular

CJ,

I have yet to see the report. I was going to give the trooper who spoke to me in the ER, a call. She was very nice and cute too.. :wink: but then again I was pretty shaken up, Rosie O'Donnel might have looked hot. :lol: The trooper told me they had found the hub under the load of plywood which had been scattered. She was saying that they saw how the hub had hit my front wheel and blew the tire.
I have a picture of a nice size slit that looks like where the tire must have been forced against the rim at the time of impact. When the hub hit, I assume I ran over it since the front of the truck lifted off the ground.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Board Member

12/13-16/07
I picked up my rental car on Friday morning and after taking care of some business at Davis and around Missoula, I hit the road. I don’t rent cars every day, but when I have in the past I usually get some interior stained high mileage piece of junk. I was surprised when I got a 2008 Grand AM (or was it a Grand Pix?) with leather interior and only 346 miles on it. What a sweet ride.

Anyways, without the HOS restraining me or a vehicle that is governed, I was able to drive the way I like to drive. I left Missoula a little later than I wanted to at 12 noon on Friday but made great time and arrived at my home in the San Antonio area at 7:30pm on Saturday.

The weather was decent with clear sunny skies and temps ranging between -7 up to 41. The road conditions were perfect the whole way with the exception of a few areas in the northwest part of Texas where there was some snow and slush on the roads.

I will be a “couch potato” on Sunday (football season?) and then come Monday I will put up the Christmas lights up and begin to tackle my ever so long “honey-do” list.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 PM

So now that you have left Davis,what's the next plan DD? I have gotten some priorities together,that have been out of whack for awhile.Have taken a leap of faith and leaving the road.Feel I need to be home more than I have the last several years.Going to get a local job,not necessarily driving.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
So now that you have left Davis,what's the next plan DD? I have gotten some priorities together,that have been out of whack for awhile.Have taken a leap of faith and leaving the road.Feel I need to be home more than I have the last several years.Going to get a local job,not necessarily driving.
I didn't leave Davis, just came home for the holidays and will return after new years. So what are you going to do now that you're off the road?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:13 PM

I have applied with a electric coop in the area.Still can keep my CDL current and be home at night.Working on one of their line crews.Sorry,I miss understood,I thought you were leaving Davis.Have a great holiday and enjoy your hometime.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
I have applied with a electric coop in the area.Still can keep my CDL current and be home at night.Working on one of their line crews.Sorry,I miss understood,I thought you were leaving Davis.Have a great holiday and enjoy your hometime.
Well I wish you the best of luck......and happy holidays to you and yours!!