User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Some drivers freak out when they see a snowflake but it didn't bother me. Hammer down!!!
yep they freak at the site of a snowflake or drop of rain.........just "shake & bake baby.......shake & bake" :lol: :lol:
Old 11-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

11/22/07
First and foremost, I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all. Even though I am not at home today, I have many things to be thankful for such as my family and their support and understanding of why I am not there.

Not too much to report today. I left Lake Station, IN this morning and although there were some snow flurries and cold temps, it was a great day for driving. There was hardly and traffic and I had “smooth sailing” all the way to Albert Lea, MN where I shut down.

I seen another Davis truck here and I can tell by his tarped load that he is one of the other 7 that loaded out of Rankin, PA. I could see that the driver was sitting in the truck and went over to introduce myself. It turned out to be the same driver that was in NJ the other day. We went and had thanksgiving dinner together and to our surprise, it was actually a nice spread and tasted pretty darn good. It would have been nice to be home with family today, but sitting down with a fellow driver and new friend was good.

Not sure, but I will more than likely go as far as Rapid City, SD tomorrow. I have a ton of time and am not in any hurry. I will stop in Missoula to reset my log, do laundry, weekly maintenance, etc sometime Sunday.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Senior Board Member

11/23-25/07
The past couple of days have been uneventful. You can definitely tell winter has begun as the warmest temps I have seen in the last several days was 31 degrees. On average, the temp has been in the teens. Coming across Homestake this morning it was a whopping 4 degrees. Fortunately the roads have been clear and dry.

Anyways, I shut down in Rapid City, SD the other day as planned and met up with the other Davis driver. We chatted and he said he was going as far as Laurel, MT the following day. I said that since he gets up so early (like 2am) that I would meet him there. I rolled in at 11:30am and after toping off with fuel, decided it was too early to shut down and hit the road. I went as far as Rocker, MT and got a good night sleep. Got up and hit the road by 6am this morning and shut down here at our Missoula yard.

When I was in Rapid City conducting my post trip inspection, I noticed a rather large rip in my back tarp. I attempted to repair it but frankly it was too cold for the glue to adhere and the tear is in an awkward spot (it was 24 degrees outside and with the wind blowing and my hands so numb, I’d swear it was minus 24). I had hoped that it would last until Missoula but unfortunately it did not. By the time I shut down in Rocker, the tear was now about 18-24 inches long. I tried using duct tape as a temp fix to prevent it from ripping more, but no luck. So I had to run to Missoula like it was and just hoped it would not get worse.

One of the first things I did this morning when I arrived was to try and repair it again. I know that because of the low temp that it will more than like not work, but I have to give it a shot. I pulled the tarp up and back so that I could put patches on both sides of the tear, the sun was shining right on it and once again I had hoped it would be warm enough to adhere. But, once again, no luck. I have had to repair the ratty old tarp so many times that I think there is now more patch material than original tarp material. I will ask the shop tomorrow if I can swap it out, if not, then I will need to move inside to one of the bays where it is warm and attempt to repair it again.

Other than messing with the tarp, I did manage to get all my laundry done, cleaned the inside of the truck, run over to Walmart for a few supplies, and then to Petsmart so my co-pilot could get a bath and grooming, a very productive day.

Tomorrow I will see what can be done about my tarp and then just relax.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Board Regular

DD, Drive the trailer into the bay near the offices. I ended up taking my tarp inside there and fixing all the little holes.

First off everyone..

Thank you for all the well wishes

I will have to speak with our company on monday to see if It would be ok to post all the info and pictures. Since I have never been involved in anything like this I don't know what I can or cannot do. If I can I will post everything... pictures and what has happen to me since after the wreck.

Also I don't know if I'm suppose to seek legal representation for anything.... I was given a written warning by the state of Illinois for not having an updated log book and for improper lane useage. (sorry it wasn't my choice to get taken out by a tandem brake drum) anyway... I just don't know..

Like my wife posted earlier in the week on GFIw thread there is not much direction on what to expect at the time of the accident till now.

currently physically I'm fine... I have a couple small scrapes, sore shoulder and my neck still hurts.
mentally.... I had to drive home and a few times I had a few tumble weeds or plastic bags blow across my lane and I got a little jumpy.

one lucky guy...
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
DD, Drive the trailer into the bay near the offices. I ended up taking my tarp inside there and fixing all the little holes.
Yeah that is what I plan on doing IF they wont give me another tarp. This one is in horrible shape and really needs to be sent out to the tarp repair place or scraped all together.

Quote:
First off everyone..

I will have to speak with our company on monday to see if It would be ok to post all the info and pictures. Since I have never been involved in anything like this I don't know what I can or cannot do. If I can I will post everything... pictures and what has happen to me since after the wreck.

Also I don't know if I'm suppose to seek legal representation for anything.... I was given a written warning by the state of Illinois for not having an updated log book and for improper lane useage. (sorry it wasn't my choice to get taken out by a tandem brake drum) anyway... I just don't know..

Like my wife posted earlier in the week on GFIw thread there is not much direction on what to expect at the time of the accident till now.

currently physically I'm fine... I have a couple small scrapes, sore shoulder and my neck still hurts.
mentally.... I had to drive home and a few times I had a few tumble weeds or plastic bags blow across my lane and I got a little jumpy.

one lucky guy...
Wish I could provide you some insite on what to do but I have less of a clue than you. I would like to think that Davis will see this as a non-preventable and not terminate you. Hopefully you will not need any sort of legal counsel either. Anyways, as I told you on the phone, the important thing here is that your family still has a husband and a father and no one was hurt.

I'll keep a pray set aside for you that everything turns out alright. Take care and cherish your hometime my friend.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

First off everyone..

one lucky guy...
Get yourself a lawyer, and get one who isn't a wimp or a TruckStop lawyer.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Board Icon

devildice, be careful up there in the Dakotas. Winter time is a whole new meaning up there. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
devildice, be careful up there in the Dakotas. Winter time is a whole new meaning up there. :P
Thanks, will do!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Board Icon

Anytime. :lol:

Yeah, it gets very much cold up there. With more snow than you can shake a stick at. :shock:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Rookie

Well I finally saw the doctor about my wrist and it looks like I also sprained it and tore a tendon. Still can't figure out I hurt it so bad just checking a tie-down. I must have had my wrist wrong evidently. The doctor said I was lucky the tendon didn't rupture. There was a lot of internal bleeding though that caused some damage. Still going to be off work. The doctor said I could do office work though Hahaha. Anyway more tests in 3 weeks. To dewercs, sorry about your accident. Good luck to you. I'm not sure if you can get re-imbursed for the rental car. I had to pay for my own transportation home by train. They are transferring my workers comp case to California and they might. I'll let you know.