User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I hope you give Landstar the time it will take to get situated. You're coming in at a weird time right now, with overall load counts as well as rates being down. Let me know if you've got any questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks for posting the problems you were having. I was beginning to wonder if Lone Star was that damn good...
Thanks Rev.....I wish I could say that they were that damn good, but unfortunately I just didn't see it. I still feel there are good for company drivers. I HATE making the move at this time of year but don't think I can hang here much longer. If I do, I may end up hammering down straight through my terminal.........
Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

Aw Crap DD! I'm sorry things aren't working out there for you. Ya know, They sound alot like Knight where each terminal took care of it's own before anyone else. IMO kinda strange way of doing business where each truck regardless of which term it's from, is putting money into the companies coffers.

If you end up going to Landstar I look forward to that journey as well and hope that it will be a better one for you. Good luck My friend.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
Aw Crap DD! I'm sorry things aren't working out there for you. Ya know, They sound alot like Knight where each terminal took care of it's own before anyone else. IMO kinda strange way of doing business where each truck regardless of which term it's from, is putting money into the companies coffers.

If you end up going to Landstar I look forward to that journey as well and hope that it will be a better one for you. Good luck My friend.
It isn't just LoneStar. It is a case of every terminal, at just about every company, trying to take care of "their own" in most cases. Sometimes though, terminal managers lose sight of the objective and put the screws to the entire crew. These companies have forgotten that they should have every terminal working together AS A COMPANY.

LOL...sorta blows their "Team" concept out of the water.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post

Oh well, it is what it is......I really, really hate having to change but it's for the best.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
It isn't just LoneStar. It is a case of every terminal, at just about every company, trying to take care of "their own" in most cases. Sometimes though, terminal managers lose sight of the objective and put the screws to the entire crew. These companies have forgotten that they should have every terminal working together AS A COMPANY.

LOL...sorta blows their "Team" concept out of the water.
ain't that the truth.........so many lose site of what it means to be part of a team, lose site of the "big picture". I miss that about the military, no matter what our differences, distances, or whatever, we all had the same common goal and ensured that our missions ended with the same results because everyone did their part.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member

:eat: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! :eat:

I picked up a single paper roller that measured about a foot in diameter and about 35' long and weighed in at a whopping 6,500lbs in Charlotte, NC on Monday and delivered it to Valliant, OK on Tuesday.

I told my terminal NOT to reload me out of OK because I intended to DH home. I had a few fires burning at home that needed my immediate attention as well as i wanted to make sure I was there for Thanksgiving.

I was in contact with a friend of mine (Broncrider here on CAD.....we used to work together at Davis and left about the same time, he went to Landstar and I to Lone Star) and it turned out that he was on his way to Dallas to load Wednesday morning. We met up at the TA in Denton and swapped the usual lies. It's always good to run into old friends you haven't seen for a while.

I left out of Denton Wednesday morning and headed home. I figured I would be home long before all the crazy 4wheelers got off work early and hit the road. I under estimated that by a long shot. It was CRAZY coming down I-35. But I did make it home safely and am now relaxing for the turkey day weekend. I fully intend to fill my belly with as much of the turkey and fixings as possible and wash it all down with some cold beers all while watching football!!!!!:clap:

I hope everyone has a wonderful "turkey day" and for those of you that could not or chose not to make it home please be safe out there.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
:eat: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! :eat:

I picked up a single paper roller that measured about a foot in diameter and about 35' long and weighed in at a whopping 6,500lbs in Charlotte, NC on Monday and delivered it to Valliant, OK on Tuesday.

I told my terminal NOT to reload me out of OK because I intended to DH home. I had a few fires burning at home that needed my immediate attention as well as i wanted to make sure I was there for Thanksgiving.

I was in contact with a friend of mine (Broncrider here on CAD.....we used to work together at Davis and left about the same time, he went to Landstar and I to Lone Star) and it turned out that he was on his way to Dallas to load Wednesday morning. We met up at the TA in Denton and swapped the usual lies. It's always good to run into old friends you haven't seen for a while.

I left out of Denton Wednesday morning and headed home. I figured I would be home long before all the crazy 4wheelers got off work early and hit the road. I under estimated that by a long shot. It was CRAZY coming down I-35. But I did make it home safely and am now relaxing for the turkey day weekend. I fully intend to fill my belly with as much of the turkey and fixings as possible and wash it all down with some cold beers all while watching football!!!!!:clap:

I hope everyone has a wonderful "turkey day" and for those of you that could not or chose not to make it home please be safe out there.

Well, if you watch the Lion's game, you won't be watching football!!! :cry:

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Enjoy your holiday!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobry4u View Post
Well, if you watch the Lion's game, you won't be watching football!!! :cry:

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Enjoy your holiday!!!
No it wasn't much of a game and neither was the Dallas/Seattle game
Old 11-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems DD. I didn't know what was involved with switching terminals but I would think that if there's good reason then someone above the terminal manager where your at could make things happen. Your leased to LoneStar not the terminal.

Anyway hope you have better luck at Landstar but they are a terminal company as well and even though they don't have trucks specific to terminals they do have thier favorites that get loaded ahead of "outsiders". I was with Inway many years ago and as long as I stayed with two particular terminals I did really REALLY good but if I got outside of those two I would starve while I watched one truck after another come in, get a load a leave while I was standing there in the terminal and being told they didn't have anything. In all actuality, I hauled more for Combined when I was out than I did for "company" terminals.

As for the company side of things, I'm just getting into the groove but my DM said she will keep me above 600 miles a day as long as I want to keep going and so far she has delivered. If I would deliver this on Monday I would wind up with over 4000 miles for the week including a 34 restart here at my house but I elected to deliver Tuesday when they gave me the option so I can have an extra day at home to get the truck organized. I haven't touched it other than throwing everything in the sleeper door last Sunday and hitting the road running a straight 11 and 10 every single day since. Hell, I haven't even made the bed, just drug a blanket and pillow out of the bag and that has been it.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems DD. I didn't know what was involved with switching terminals but I would think that if there's good reason then someone above the terminal manager where your at could make things happen. Your leased to LoneStar not the terminal.

Anyway hope you have better luck at Landstar but they are a terminal company as well and even though they don't have trucks specific to terminals they do have thier favorites that get loaded ahead of "outsiders". I was with Inway many years ago and as long as I stayed with two particular terminals I did really REALLY good but if I got outside of those two I would starve while I watched one truck after another come in, get a load a leave while I was standing there in the terminal and being told they didn't have anything. In all actuality, I hauled more for Combined when I was out than I did for "company" terminals.

As for the company side of things, I'm just getting into the groove but my DM said she will keep me above 600 miles a day as long as I want to keep going and so far she has delivered. If I would deliver this on Monday I would wind up with over 4000 miles for the week including a 34 restart here at my house but I elected to deliver Tuesday when they gave me the option so I can have an extra day at home to get the truck organized. I haven't touched it other than throwing everything in the sleeper door last Sunday and hitting the road running a straight 11 and 10 every single day since. Hell, I haven't even made the bed, just drug a blanket and pillow out of the bag and that has been it.
I have said it several times......"not every company is a good fit for every driver and vice versa"......and that seems to be the case with me. I have no regrets or ill-will towards Lone Star what so ever.

I am glad to hear things are working out for you and hope it continues. 3 guys I went to orientation and still keep in touch with all are on the verge of leaving. I don't want to post what they told me about whats been going on with them, but I was a little disappointed and surprised to hear about it. It almost sounds like the "honey moon" is over and all L.S. is concerned about is keeping meat in the seat. Just my opinion based on what was relayed to me.

Anyways, hope things continue to be positive for you and you prosper for a long time.