User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm in Walcott tonight waiting to load at Betendorf in the morning...
I have truck # 402T as a neighbor, He's loaded but sleeping..... This is the truck I almost took when I switched trucks but it was a smokers truck.
I have a 3 stop run from here to Yankton, SD to Billings, MT and final in Kent, WA.

see ya out there.....
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
I'm in Walcott tonight waiting to load at Betendorf in the morning...
I have truck # 402T as a neighbor, He's loaded but sleeping..... This is the truck I almost took when I switched trucks but it was a smokers truck.
I have a 3 stop run from here to Yankton, SD to Billings, MT and final in Kent, WA.

see ya out there.....
Hey, I'm #402!!! :lol: :lol: guess I need to update my tag line
Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 AM

bought time you fixed that....darn smokers

lol
anyhow im at home and you know how to reach me if needed
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

11/02-04/07
Nothing too exciting has been going on these past couple of days. I just continued to make my west.

I was told on Friday that I would be making a slight detour down into the Denver area, Wheat Ridge, CO to be exact to pick up a mis-delivered piece of freight Monday morning. It’s all good to me as it will count as an LTL and that’s another $100 in my pocket.

I arrived in Wheat Ridge late this morning and shut down at a TA just one mile from the customer. When I got here, there was some sort of outside BBQ going on. For $10 you got a choice of a half of chicken or half slab of ribs, baked beans, corn on the cob, corn bread, coleslaw, a brownie and choice of iced tea or lemonade. I thought the price was a little steep, but dang the food was good. After filling my belly, I attempted to take a Sunday afternoon nap but it was cut short as I awoke sweating. I thought Colorado would be cold, or at least cool this time of the year, but it’s not. It’s currently 86 degrees outside.

So I cleaned the inside of the truck and just threw a load of laundry in. The rest of the day will be spent watching football and just relaxing. Tomorrow I will shoot down the road and make my pick up and then it’s off to Salt Lake City.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Board Regular

Im in Avoca, Iowa at a Wings Truck Stop. I moved down the 80 to get closer to SD and didn't see a TA, Pilot or Flying J on the route so I stopped here. All the truck stops listed in the litle truck stop book from here on up the 29 said were all small.
I've lubed the truck/trailer, and did the brakes found a small air leak coming from what I think iis the air compressor. It's the unit on the left side of the cummins block, near the frame. It has a red line air line coming out of it. I tried to tighten the line but it wouldn't move. I jiggled the line and heard something snap into place. I think it was the fitting inside seating itself. So I'll look at it again tonight and then in the morning to see if I hear any air leaking. :roll:
What is up with this? DevilDice.... anything go bad on your new truck yet?

Oh... By the way since DD never mentioned it... I received a low knock on my door the other night it was DD giving me his impersonation of a lot lizzard... :lol:

Well since I've been on here with nobody parked next to me on either side... I've just had two reefer trucks park next to me in these few minutes....WHY?? :twisted:

Well.. I'm getting up at 4am to head out I think I'll start banging on the trailer checking straps and stuff in the AM just to wake them.
:twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
What is up with this? DevilDice.... anything go bad on your new truck yet?
not really. on 370 I had that air leveling valve on the tractor go out and that was all. So far (knock on wood) nothing with this one. Hey, what does it mean when the computer says "driver level 1 reward"??? This is obviously a Cummins thing and although I waited and waited for money to drop out from under the dash, nothing happened. So what does it mean?

Quote:
Oh... By the way since DD never mentioned it... I received a low knock on my door the other night it was DD giving me his impersonation of a lot lizzard... :lol:
opps... ops: i did forget to mention running into you the other day in Iowa. I'll probablly see you in Missoula this week too.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Board Regular

Rewards level 1... nothing it says that on mine too. Maybe for not idling?
Ever get the fuel bonus? I wonder if it's been raised since fuel is more expensive...?
Oh forgot to add. Inverter isn't working. Powers up the microwave and at 50% shuts off.... Or... it will run but only have the light inside the microwave but not cook anything. So I wonder if the inverter is frying my microwave when it only gives it half power..... I'm thinking this needs to be fixed since I'm trying to save a little money by eating good stuff in my RV. I bet they say it's the microwave... :sad:
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Rewards level 1... nothing it says that on mine too. Maybe for not idling?
Ever get the fuel bonus? I wonder if it's been raised since fuel is more expensive...?
Oh forgot to add. Inverter isn't working. Powers up the microwave and at 50% shuts off.... Or... it will run but only have the light inside the microwave but not cook anything. So I wonder if the inverter is frying my microwave when it only gives it half power..... I'm thinking this needs to be fixed since I'm trying to save a little money by eating good stuff in my RV. I bet they say it's the microwave... :sad:
How many watts is your microwave? Mine is 700 and I can not have anything else running when using it or else the inverter will trip off.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

danske

arty: :rock: Congratulations! My husband said when he was in the yard you were testing out and he said your trainer said you were going to pass and without any problems!

And congratulations on the nice trip with good miles.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

How many watts is your microwave? Mine is 700 and I can not have anything else running when using it or else the inverter will trip off.
My husband said he will usually start the engine when he uses his microwave. He said when he does that he does not have any problems.

Congratulations DD on the nice trips and great miles you have been getting.
I hope my husband gets a trip west after he delivers today! Watch he will probably get sent down to Texas again :roll:

I hope you get more loads into Texas and he gets some more loads this way!

Glad to see that all is going smoothly for you now and things seem to be looking up.

Goin Fer It's Wife