User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

10/22/07
Made it to the customer just after they opened and both our trucks were unloaded in no time. It sure has been a nice change of pace running with someone and of course having those extra pair of hands to help fold up the tarps. :wink:

Called in our empty status and within about 4 hours or so, my “partner in crime" for these past few days was off and running to pick up a load. I am held up in a tiny truck stop in Chehalis, WA and will cross my fingers tomorrow there will be a load for me.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd
Thanks devildice for all your postings. I will be at orientation this Monday at Davis.
JVND,

Welcome aboard! Maybe we will meet in Missoula next week. I plan to be there on Tuesday.
Triple Ditto JVND!

I hope you get to meet my husband as he is in Missoula today!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I am glad you got a load out of Los Angeles and I am VERY glad you are not down in Southern California with all of those fires.

I hope you get a load out of Washington soon. Maybe you and hubby will pass in Missoula.

:sad: Please don't wait so long to update. I missed your post!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Senior Board Member

10/23/07
Well I guess crossing my fingers paid off as within a couple of hours of calling in I had a load.

My pick up was in Hoquiam, WA which was only about 20 miles west of my last drop off. This load is going to Bozeman, MT. Not that great of miles but it does get me out of Washington which typically seems to be hit and miss for freight and it will take me through Missoula where I will switch out trucks.

This is my heaviest load to date. My gross is at 79,680 and that is with a half tank of fuel. By my rough calculations, that means the load weighs somewhere around 48,500(+)(-).

I only made it as far as Spokane before shutting it down. I will get up somewhat early and head into Missoula to change trucks. Davis already factored in an extra for deliver so that I can make the change. I suspect I will spend the greater part of the day cleaning this truck, settle into the other truck, and wash a load of laundry. I hope to be on the road heading to Bozeman by late afternoon.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Board Regular

Hi all!

The Santa Ana winds were blowing like crazy yesterday but they have calmed down a bit here today. I have fires to the north and south of us right now. This evening we could see the flames from a fire to the north of us low on the mountain. 15 north/south from Barstow to Ontario has been closing down due to high winds off and on these past few days. We will watch the news and see dryvan trucks flipped onto there side on the freeway.
My wife and I have an appointment in San Diego tommorrow so we'll try to get down there via the 15 which has been closing since the fires have been jumping that. We are about 10-20 miles north of a couple small fires that are going in Temecula.
Hey DD..... Don't think your going to get out of Missoula too fast. You'll have to clean/sparkle shine the truck your turning in and then you'll have to do an inspection on your new truck.... check brakes, lube.....etc...besides moving in.... Good luck.
I'm suppose to go back in service on thursday so we'll see where the wind blows me..
I'm a lizzard so I love the heat.....
Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Hi all!

The Santa Ana winds were blowing like crazy yesterday but they have calmed down a bit here today. I have fires to the north and south of us right now. This evening we could see the flames from a fire to the north of us low on the mountain. 15 north/south from Barstow to Ontario has been closing down due to high winds off and on these past few days. We will watch the news and see dryvan trucks flipped onto there side on the freeway.
My wife and I have an appointment in San Diego tommorrow so we'll try to get down there via the 15 which has been closing since the fires have been jumping that. We are about 10-20 miles north of a couple small fires that are going in Temecula.
Hey DD..... Don't think your going to get out of Missoula too fast. You'll have to clean/sparkle shine the truck your turning in and then you'll have to do an inspection on your new truck.... check brakes, lube.....etc...besides moving in.... Good luck.
I'm suppose to go back in service on thursday so we'll see where the wind blows me..
I'm a lizzard so I love the heat.....
Sorry to hear you are in all the mess. Shoot if I had known sooner you were going down to SD I would have sent you the link with all the roads closed. I hope all goes well for you and your wife.

I have heard about the many trucks blown over in the different areas there I did not want to say anything about it.

Mr. Lizzard you can have our heat from this summer. I could NOT handle 100 degree heat. I will take your cold LOL!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Senior Board Member

10/24/07
I made it to Missoula this afternoon and after saying my “hellos” to everyone I started the process of moving out and cleaning of my current truck and moving into the new one. The process took me a lot longer than I expected but that is because I kept shooting the crap with other drivers. One of which was “danske” as he was here settling into his new truck after testing out. It was nice to put a face with the words on a computer and voice on the phone.

Once I got my truck cleaned up it was time to do some laundry and then a nice hot shower. Tomorrow I will take a second look at my old truck to make sure all is good to go and I didn’t leave anything behind and then get signed out on my new truck with the Cummins!!!

Once all that is done I will hit the road to Bozeman to get this load off and hopefully get reloaded with something that has good miles and will carry me through the weekend.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Hi all!

Yeah I suspect you know who will be a pain in the neck, but hopefully my cleanliness of the truck will be to his satisfaction, and besides, I am under load and maybe he'll let me get out of here at a decent hour.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 AM

i cant get a good answer as to why i dont get a new truck....so i guess im stuck in this one....lol

im sittin down in el paso.....now where are those cold drinks again?

heard you got yer new truck today....good deal...did you hear about our lost driver??

have fun in greybull....im headed east
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member

10/25-26/07
I passed my “cleanliness inspection” of the old truck on the first try. Once I was all checked out on the new truck, I went to say my “goodbyes” to everyone and off I went to Bozeman.

Before I even left Missoula I was already assigned a load to pick up in Greybull, WY on Friday that is headed to Maryland. I hate the Northeast, but oh well, you got to do what you got to do. Besides, it’s decent miles.

Once I got unloaded in Bozeman, I hit the road and decided to just go as far as Laurel, MT before shutting down. I got up early and ran down to Greybull. I got there about 30 minutes after they opened and there was just one truck in front of me.

Surprisingly, they load quickly and before I knew it, it was my turn. This is a low load but very heavy. It is a little over 48,000lbs and my gross weight with a little under a full tank of fuel was 80,480lbs. No big deal as I all I need to do is burn off some fuel. Looks like I will have to run all the way to MD on no more than ¾ of a tank of fuel at a time.

I wasn’t in my “zone” today and only ran as far as Douglas, WY before shutting down. Took a nice hot shower, filled my belly with a satisfying meal and now it’s time to relax.